KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why didn't Yoda/Ben train Luke and Leia from birth?

Why didn't Yoda/Ben train Luke and Leia from birth?
Started by: Razielim

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Generic Hero
KGB

Why didn't Yoda/Ben train Luke and Leia from birth?

Who gives a damn Organa wants a baby girl? Who cares about the Lars? These two could have done serious damage with 20 years of training.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 04:18 PM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Because the Emperor would have known.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 04:23 PM
Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

How? "Sensing through the force" or something like that?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 09:51 PM
Click here to Send Generic Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Generic Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

I'm just sure he can tell when there's a threat to him, just like in ROTS when he senses Kenboi is going to kill Vader. I'm also sure he can sense other powerful force sensitives. I could be wrong like always.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 11:44 PM
Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

When Luke began his training, Emperor Palpatine began to take interest in the fact that the Light Side of the Force was returning. It lessened with the death of Kenobi, but he could sense that someone was being trained.

Give the Twins 20 years of training and Palpatine would have found them far sooner than they were ready for.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 11:57 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Re: Why didn't Yoda/Ben train Luke and Leia from birth?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Razielim
Who gives a damn Organa wants a baby girl? Who cares about the Lars? These two could have done serious damage with 20 years of training.

Because you see:

1.) Lucas made Episode IV way before he had any idea about making I, II, and III

2.) Because Palpatine would have known

3.) Because Yoda and Obi-Wan needed to remain hidden until the time was right

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 12:36 AM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Generic Hero
KGB

Hm, I see. Thanks.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 01:46 AM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Training even Anakins kids would have been dangerous, because they would have had the potential to join the darkisde, perhaps once they learned of their father. In Ep IV, Obiwan took a chance, and in EP V, so did Yoda.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 02:01 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Seems to me that Yoda had begun to rethink taking young Jedi away from their families anmd then training them so early. I think I read that. He felt that the Jedi had become too set in the old ways and that prevented them for finding out about the Sith before it was too late.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 03:33 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

He said Luke was too old to begin the training though...

*waves* Hi JP!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 06:16 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

Originally posted by queeq

*waves* Hi JP!

Yeah that doesn't add up, had Obi and Yoda planned on training the kids 20 years later then why did Yoda dismiss the idea as if it was a fresh one.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 10:11 PM
Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Stealth Agent
Yeah that doesn't add up, had Obi and Yoda planned on training the kids 20 years later then why did Yoda dismiss the idea as if it was a fresh one.

I think Yoda planned on him and Obi-Wan fighting the Emperor that or he didn't want to take the chance of Luke falling to the dark side and him telling Vader of his where abouts.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 10:19 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

*waves* Hi JP!

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Queeq

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2006 11:28 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

*waves* Hi JP!
OMG, it's him!

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 02:05 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jam-Jul_Lison
Dark Jedi Master

i think after Yoda lost to Palpatine, he fell into an extreme set of depression. After being exiled for so long on Dagobah his depession grew. I would be depressed too if I had to live there. lol. I also thinks he looses his Sanity a little. Then again he has been living alone for a long time. lol.

Luke and Leia were split apart to save them. I do not think that Leia was ever supposed to be trained. As for Luke. I think Obi-Wan would have trained Luke sooner if It had not been for Luke's uncle.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 06:42 AM
Click here to Send Jam-Jul_Lison a Private Message Find more posts by Jam-Jul_Lison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
konaha
JOIN THE DARK SIDE!

*Talks like Darth Vader*
Luke, I am your father! Join me and we shall rull the universe as father and son! *breathes (Darth vader style!)*

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 05:48 PM
Click here to Send konaha a Private Message Find more posts by konaha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
konaha
JOIN THE DARK SIDE!

*rule

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 05:49 PM
Click here to Send konaha a Private Message Find more posts by konaha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
konaha
JOIN THE DARK SIDE!

embarrasment

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 05:50 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Edit button. wink

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 05:53 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Forcewielder

*waves* Hi JP!

Yoda was just looking for excuses on not to train Luke because he was too depressed over the complete annihilation of his Jedi children.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 08:42 AM
Click here to Send Forcewielder a Private Message Find more posts by Forcewielder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote