KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Gladiator Begins (PSP)

Gladiator Begins (PSP)
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Gladiator Begins (PSP)

This game is so epic, it made my head spin, the amount of time you can put into it is astounding, and some parts of the story are actually good.

Nice RPG mechanics, without having the hassle of needing favorite to repair a weapon every few fights. You can turn your starting weapon into a god-bearing one.

Just from the normal duels, survival, and other such things, you can pool in a lifetime, and it never gets repetitive.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 02:04 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Reminds of Gladius from what i'm seeing another gladiator style game.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 02:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I guess you could call this one a beat-em-up, but I'm leaning more towards a fighting game.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 04:29 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I can honestly say, I prefer this over Gladius, the combat catches the incredible feel of actual gladiators.

It's meant to be brutal, violent, intense. Not strategic and tactical, I do like Gladius, but I'd go as far as saying this game blows it out of the water.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 05:42 AM
Jmanghan

CGR Review of: Gladiator Begins.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2015 11:09 AM
Jmanghan

All-in-All, this game is kind of Monster Hunter-esque.

What I mean by that is, you defeat Gladiators to level up your weapons and armor.

In this game, every time you defeat any gladiator, whether it be a boss-type, or a small-time lackey, they will always drop some gear, and always drop their weapons after being killed. This comes into play at the end of the fight, because afterwards you'll be allowed to select a max of 5 weapons or armor you can keep for yourself, sell, or use to level up your current weaponry and armor.

There are different levels of weaponry and armor. You get white, which is base weaponry. This level of weaponry isn't upgradeable and provides no bonuses. Then there's blue, which is upgradeable weaponry. You can use these types of weapons to make your current weaponry upgradeable, or just keep it for yourself and get rid of your current base weapon or armor. Lastly, you have yellow, which is upgradeable and provides specific stat boosts based on the weapon or armor you last used to upgrade it with. For example, using a yellow weapon with a vitality boost will boost your health up a bit. This type of weaponry is more complicated, because you can only upgrade your current yellow weapon with another weapon that has that same stat boost. Try upgrading your yellow weapon or armor with another yellow weapon or armor that has the same stat boost as yours, or just do what I did and stick to using blue armor and weapons to upgrade your maxed out yellow weapons and armor.

There are more weapons and armor in this game then the current iteration, with over 2000 weapons and 2000 pieces of armor for all different sections, all from direct Gladitorial times. Armor and weapons aren't restricted to specific sets, you can equip different armor sets with others. For example, I used chainmail with a Bull Skull helmet.

There are different main style's of combat, each with their own moves. You have, Sword and Shield, Sword and Large Shield, Twin Swords, and Pugilist. You can equip your Gladiator with specific moves and play styles. After learning one move, you'll unlock another, and every time you level up, you can also level up that move. You get one move per button, which is Triangle, Circle, X, and Square, and each one is unique. After beating a boss, you can unlock their movement and fighting style, whether you enjoy the brutality of Danaos, or the elegance of Spiculus, you'll find one you prefer.

After beating the oddly short campaign, you'll unlock a battle arena, where you can choose your Gladiator and Fight other Gladiator's. You can even choose your rival Gladiators and fight against your created Gladiator, and also use ad-hoc to battle against friends that are in the same room as you, however there is a way to battle legit online using the ad-hoc party app on the PS3. (However, you need a wired connection and must download it from a PC to your PS3 off the Playstation store website.)

There's so so SO much more to this game to discover and I pray you don't disregard this.

The game is only $7.00, its a fantastic game that I promise you won't be disappointed in.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 12:29 AM
Jmanghan

bump?

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2016 04:30 PM
Jmanghan

Here:

Attachment: 2016-10-29-134452.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Oct 29th, 2016 05:49 PM
Jmanghan

Play this game you little ****ers.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2016 11:41 PM