KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » KMC High Herald Tournament!

KMC High Herald Tournament!
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

KMC High Herald Tournament!

Who here would like to participate in a High Herald Tourney?

High Herald.
3 team, Merge, or Both.
With Prep.
All forms of Amping allowed.

We need a host (I will not be hosting, I may participate)
Judges
Participants

Opinions, and inputs are welcomed.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 10:18 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i'd likely be in. don't really need a host for anything other than checking out picks, and not even that really, as any pick that is suspect could be edited out by the others when revealed. anyone can open matches and rules can be enforced by participants or an outside opinion if absolutely necessary.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2016 11:12 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

id like to judge.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 12:01 AM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

When were you thinking of hosting yours ID? Not cause I plan on participating, but because I had an idea of a mixed level tourney based loosely on Contest of Champions I was going to host when the current one is over.

Last edited by darthgoober on Feb 20th, 2016 at 12:21 AM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 12:14 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthgoober
When were you thinking of hosting yours ID? Not cause I plan on participating, but because I had an idea of a tourney I was going to host when the current one is over.

I don't want to host

I was only suggesting a high Herald turney.

What's your plan?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 12:21 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by "Id"
I don't want to host

I was only suggesting a high Herald turney.

What's your plan?

I was thinking 6 man teams. 2 street, 2 meta, 1 low herald, 1 high herald level teams. 3 team members per round, all characters have to be used at least 1 round but no one can be used every round. Round robin so every participant fights every other participant. Zero prep, but zero barred strategies or tactics(so people like Zoom will be allowed).

Also, I was thinking rather than the standard draft, everyone will have to select from a predetermined list so there's no questionable drafts.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 12:26 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

How many required fights/barred fights per team member will depend on how many entrants I get

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 12:28 AM
darthgoober

Also, it will be assumed that entrants are basically the "summoner" in CoC. So they might be able to give some basic instructions to their guys, but they're not actually in direct control of everything their team does on the battlefield

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 12:30 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Your going to make a predetermined list?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 12:33 AM
darthgoober

Originally posted by "Id"
Your going to make a predetermined list?

Yup. A lot of characters will be open to being moved or removed since I don't know everything about everyone and am just doing the best I can at sorting the tiers list

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 12:43 AM
darthgoober

Also it's not a simple matter of "low herald" and "high herald", I'll be tiering them as "Alpha Heralds" and "Omega Heralds" and doing what I can to divide the mid heralds between them.

Same goes with the Street and Meta tiers, I'm trying to include as many possible selections as possible so there's a good list to choose from. I'm using the KMC tiers as a framework, but there'll be quite a few changes on placement so some picks that I'll outright remove due to them having too few showings to debate against or just being ridiculously placed or too controversial. I'm not tiering strictly on feats, I'm also factoring in logic and common sense(for instance, Super Nova is NOT got to be an acceptable pick of any tier)

Last edited by darthgoober on Feb 20th, 2016 at 12:57 AM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 12:45 AM
carver9

This needs to be done.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 02:03 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Sounds like a terrible idea ( darths) tourney. Shitty idea to be honest. whistle

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 02:17 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Also I know this will be a tall order to fill, but if at all possible I'd like to find some PERMANENT judges to judge every match in the tourney to ensure consistency. Most of us who've been in a tourney know what it's like losing to judge selection and I'd like to avoid that if possible. I'd like to find 5 cause 2/3 doesn't seem concrete enough in my eyes, though I will settle for it if it's all I can get.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 03:09 AM
ghostman

Originally posted by darthgoober
Also I know this will be a tall order to fill, but if at all possible I'd like to find some PERMANENT judges to judge every match in the tourney to ensure consistency. Most of us who've been in a tourney know what it's like losing to judge selection and I'd like to avoid that if possible. I'd like to find 5 cause 2/3 doesn't seem concrete enough in my eyes, though I will settle for it if it's all I can get.

id like to judge.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 06:05 AM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by ghostman
id like to judge.

No no, no

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 06:54 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

Originally posted by carver9
No no, no

not with you participating though, youre terrible.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 07:27 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

I'm down for both.

I must say that darth's tourney will be hard IMHO to balance.
The best way i see of doing so (and believe me i know it takes some work) is to have the draft list with every character having a points amount and a total maximum number of points you can use.

A good example would be
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...tourney-561607/

Dedman is a master at finding loopholes in the rules of other's tourneys and breaking them wide open. His own tourney's are very hard to break that way and are always pretty balanced but to achieve this he involves a lot of people's opinions to reach that balance.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 09:24 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I'm in as a participant.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 10:08 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I'm in to try and break loopholes.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2016 10:26 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote