KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Star Wars: Does It Contain Non

Star Wars: Does It Contain Non
Started by: JesusLovesYou

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Star Wars: Does It Contain Non

Star Wars: Does It Contain Non-Christian Beliefs?

Many people believe that STAR WARS is THE GREATEST FILM FRANCHISE IN HISTORY (or at least in the top 5 in terms of pop culture). But from a CHRISTIAN STANDPOINT, what are the PROBLEMS WITH STAR WARS with respect to the philosophical and/or RELIGIOUS THEMES that abound in Star Wars? Is Star Wars just harmless sci-fi fantasy, or does it promote a DANGEROUS WORLDVIEW fraught with PERNICIOUS ELEMENTS that people should be made AWARE OF? The link below answers these questions in an exhaustive, well-researched manner.

http://www.equip.org/article/may-fo...wars-worldview/

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by JesusLovesYou on Jun 3rd, 2017 at 11:52 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2017 11:49 PM
JesusLovesYou is currently offline Click here to Send JesusLovesYou a Private Message Find more posts by JesusLovesYou Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

....Define "Non-Christian"

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2017 11:50 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Is this another "The Jedi were really the bad guys" thing?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2017 11:52 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The jedi were against doing drugs and banging chicks. Also they were against galactic domination.

Total buzzkills.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2017 11:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
....Define "Non-Christian"

I mean beliefs, philosophies, and themes that are not Christian.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_A7it_Mtk06Zo_pPB5ayGiUnsRxtgSUDvsqjxOk3SMg/edit

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2017 11:53 PM
JesusLovesYou is currently offline Click here to Send JesusLovesYou a Private Message Find more posts by JesusLovesYou Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

....Yes?
Maybe not then, but it does now because of its Full On SJW Politics.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2017 11:55 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Originally posted by -Pr-
Is this another "The Jedi were really the bad guys" thing?

Negative. It’s a serious, thought-provoking question.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_A7it_Mtk06Zo_pPB5ayGiUnsRxtgSUDvsqjxOk3SMg/edit

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2017 11:58 PM
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Originally posted by Surtur
The jedi were against doing drugs and banging chicks. Also they were against galactic domination.

Total buzzkills.

True. Kinda strange that the Jedi didn’t believe in procreation, seeing that the force was inheritable. But, are the underlying philosophies propagated by Star Wars non-Christian?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 12:02 AM
Flyattractor

Most of that bs didn't get started until the EU and the Prequels started. That is what turned the jedi in to pricks.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 12:06 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

They do not need to believe in procreation, they just scoop up little kids and take them away from their parents for the rest of their lives to raise them in some temple that totally isn't a cult. That's not dark at all.

As for being non-christian, I dunno...they do have the whole virgin birth and messiah thing going on. Granted...this space Jesus turns out to be not exactly the peaceful type. But hey his heart was in the right place, he was in love with Natalie Portman's vagina.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 12:07 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Most of that bs didn't get started until the EU and the Prequels started. That is what turned the jedi in to pricks.

The Jedi are just a combination of samurai(s)/Tibetan monks—in space. Their religion is the force, which Qui-Gon Jinn kept describing in "The Phantom Menace" as having a will. How can an IMPERSONAL force have a will?

Last edited by JesusLovesYou on Jun 4th, 2017 at 12:13 AM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 12:10 AM
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Originally posted by Surtur
They do not need to believe in procreation, they just scoop up little kids and take them away from their parents for the rest of their lives to raise them in some temple that totally isn't a cult. That's not dark at all.

As for being non-christian, I dunno...they do have the whole virgin birth and messiah thing going on. Granted...this space Jesus turns out to be not exactly the peaceful type. But hey his heart was in the right place, he was in love with Natalie Portman's vagina.

Exactly. George Lucas incorporated that blasphemous "There was no father" for Anakin element into Star Wars, ever so subtly. Yep, that's who Anakin is patterned after, albeit blasphemously, the TRUE SAVIOR: the Lord Jesus Christ.

STRONGGGGG with discernment (to see what is REALLY going on), you are Surturrr--with regard to these blasphemous elements in Star Wars.

Last edited by JesusLovesYou on Jun 4th, 2017 at 12:28 AM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 12:21 AM
Adam_PoE

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 12:29 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Sad to see such Hate being spread by the Gay Left.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 12:39 AM
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

George Lucas Tried, But No Dice

The force (not equal to) God

Anakin Skywalker no earthly father (not equal to) Jesus Christ no earthly father (His Father is God)

Anakin Skywalker (not equal to) Jesus Christ

Shmi Skywalker the earthly mother of Anakin Skywalker (not equal to) Mary the earthly mother of Jesus Christ

Prophecy(s) about Anakin Skywalker (not equal to) Prophecies about Jesus Christ

Light/Dark side of the force (equal to) Yin Yang in Taoism

Senator Palpatine who became Emperor Palpatine (equal to) Lucifer who became satan or the devil

Jedi Temple (not equal to) Christian Church Sanctuary

Jedi Religion (equal to) Hinduism, Pantheism

Telekinesis and Telepathy via the force (equal to) the occult

Last edited by JesusLovesYou on Jun 4th, 2017 at 01:16 AM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 01:05 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's a fictional religion. Some similarities were always going to be evident. I just don't see WHY that's important.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 01:16 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

And none of this mattered until Canon started getting wrote by people that used to do FanFiction that wound up being the EU.

So yes. BLAME THE FANS FOR THIS CRAP!

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 01:18 AM
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

And none of this mattered until Canon started getting wrote by people that used to do FanFiction that wound up being the EU.

So yes. BLAME THE FANS FOR THIS CRAP!

No, actually ALL of those non-Christian elements were PUT IN THERE by George Lucas himself. First, (or originally), in Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. Then George wanted to complete the saga, and went backwards with The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith prequels.

Also, the whole, "Only a Sith deals in ABSOLUTES" is a knock against Christians, insinuating that we are evil for believing the Bible and the gospel of the Lord Jesus (which is REPLETE with ABSOLUTE TRUTH).

Last edited by JesusLovesYou on Jun 4th, 2017 at 01:47 AM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 01:44 AM
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Originally posted by -Pr-
It's a fictional religion. Some similarities were always going to be evident. I just don't see WHY that's important.

It's NOT a fictional religion. Lucas DELIBERATELY based the force on EASTERN MYSTICISM. Indians from India call it prana. The Japanese refer to it as ki. The Chinese describe it as ch'i. Star Wars is fraught with Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, and Taoism (among other things). George Lucas studied these spiritual, religious, philosophical concepts and PURPOSELY incorporated them into Star Wars.

This is important because THOUSANDS of unsuspecting people are adherents of Jediism, and/or the Jedi Order. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jediism

The one TRUE GOD has been replaced by the force.

There is a Jedi Church. https://www.jedichurch.org/

These deceived people have even had their religion officially recorded on a census.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedi_census_phenomenon

MANY people (especially young people) might start dabbling unwittingly (or unknowingly) in the occult, and become SORCERERS like David Blaine, Criss Angel, and Dynamo (who masquerade under the GUISE of being just mere magicians when they are REAL-LIFE WARLOCKS) if they are not taught the subtle, underlying philosophies, and religious/spiritual aspects of Star Wars. All such people are BOUND FOR THE LAKE OF FIRE WHEN THEY DIE. What Penn and Teller and other REAL sorcerers do is NOT simple sleight of hand. They are harnessing REAL demonic/satanic power. These men (and some women) have SOLD THEIR SOULS TO satan in exchange for supernatural power.

I just want to put the TRUTH about Star Wars out there so that unsuspecting fans don't become ENSNARED BY THE DEVIL. You see, dabbling in the occult (Tarot cards, palm reading, Ouija Boards, seances, witchcraft, sorcery, consulting psychics, talking to demons through mediums, interacting with spirit guides, spiritism, satanism, Wicca etc.) GIVES THE DEVIL PLACE (i.e. legal right to enter a person's life and bring all kinds of demonic oppression, possible POSSESSION, and worse, DEATH). The devil may not take a person's life immediately, but he can ANY TIME he wants to once a person crosses over into his territory.

Now, I don't know that JUST WATCHING Star Wars will give the devil place into someone's life. But dabbling in the occult FOR SURE WILL subject someone to HELLFIRE FOREVER. I advise people NOT to try to obtain supernatural power in an attempt to imitate the force, or adopt the eastern mysticism prevalent in Star Wars.

Last edited by JesusLovesYou on Jun 4th, 2017 at 02:38 AM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 02:29 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by JesusLovesYou
No, actually ALL of those non-Christian elements were PUT IN THERE by George Lucas himself. First, (or originally), in Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. Then George wanted to complete the saga, and went backwards with The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith prequels.

Also, the whole, "Only a Sith deals in ABSOLUTES" is a knock against Christians, insinuating that we are evil for believing the Bible and the gospel of the Lord Jesus (which is REPLETE with ABSOLUTE TRUTH).

I would say it can be cut evenly between the Fans and George. That being that George is now a very old and VERY RICH (even before selling out to the Mouse) and when he made the Preqs He slipped into that old Confused Granpa Mode and wondered what the kids are into and saw all this PC SJW Emo Crap and went with that and now toes to that line.

SO I DO BLAME BOTH

Old Post Jun 4th, 2017 02:33 AM