KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Sheev's supremacy debunked.

Sheev's supremacy debunked.
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Sheev's supremacy debunked.

quote:
Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history.
- New Essential Chronology

The New Essential Chronology is an in-universe source.

quote:
Beyond the vision of the Jedi Knights, somewhere within the darkness, the greatest master of evil ever to use Sith power bides his time. As his strength grows, his plans begin to shape the course of the galaxy, and his snares await the unsuspecting.
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary

This is from a strictly Canon source that was later republished with a TFA section added on under the Disney Canon banner.

quote:
The Emperor was completely in concert with the dark side of the Force. He was the most powerful Sith who had ever existed.
- Death Star

A character POV.

quote:
When Yoda crosses sabers with the movie's arch-villain, he doesn't launch into a pinwheeling display of acrobatics, as he did against Count Dooku in Episode II. Instead, Yoda faces the dark side's fury, channeled by the most powerful Sith Lord in history. "Rob Coleman wanted Yoda to feel the power of his enemy," says Wheless, "like a force he's never dealt with before."
- Insider 86

An interview with Jamy Wheless, the Lead Animator of ROTS. Thus, this is exclusively relevant to ROTS.

quote:
Vader imagined the power that could be his if he crushed Palpatine and established his own rule over the Empire. But first, he would need his own apprentice. By himself, he could not hope to defeat the most powerful Sith Lord the galaxy had ever known.
- Vader: The Ultimate Guide

This is from a biographical segment of a one-off magazine that deals strictly with Vader's POV.

quote:
Meet Darth Sidious - the most powerful Sith Master who ever lived.
- Darth Maul, Sith Apprentice

From a children's book that only refers to the 3D re-release of TPM.

quote:
Emperor Zaarin? The idea isn't as ludicrous as it sounds. Demetrius Zaarin gambled everything on an audacious coup d'état and nearly killed the most powerful Sith Lord the galaxy has ever known.
- Insider #66

This seems to be referring to political power as the entire section talks about his desire for that. It could be interpreted either way though, I suppose.

Are there any actual, legitimate sources that declare him Sith GOAT?

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 03:41 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Re: Sheev's supremacy debunked.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower

An interview with Jamy Wheless, the Lead Animator of ROTS. Thus, this is exclusively relevant to ROTS.

laughing What the fuck?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 03:50 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

It's very clearly a ROTS movie only interview, if you check it. It's not taking into account anything else.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 03:52 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Dude stop

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 03:57 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

None of these make the quotes wrong, only fallible. But the multitude of them and the span of time, authors and works involved negates any reliability issue anyway.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 03:58 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

quote:
I don't know for sure but I would imagine that there are no hard and fast lists about which Sith are the most powerful. "Most Powerful" would have lots of different variables to take into account. So it may be best to say that he was simply amongst the most powerful Sith along with Sidious and whoever else there may be. It you definitively say that one Sith was the most powerful then by definition any others that you create in the EU must be inferior so I doubt the continuity people make such absolutes about the powerfulness of the characters.

quote:
Agreed, us continuity people don't deal in absolutes. Only Sith deal in absolutes. With that said, we'll often need to come up with stats or rankings for gameplay purposes. These are for gameplay purposes only. Stunt coordinato Nick Gillard had his own lightsaber ranking, but even the use of this ranking system is limited because it was only the major characters from the prequel films that he ranked. We never expanded on that ranking system.

Then there's this from Leland Chee, which destroys the entire notion itself.

Last edited by AncientPower on Apr 1st, 2018 at 04:03 AM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 04:01 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by SunRazer
None of these make the quotes wrong, only fallible. But the multitude of them and the span of time, authors and works involved negates any reliability issue anyway.

Yet they're presented as infallible and have been for years.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 04:02 AM
S_W_LeGenD

That admission from Leland Chee is indeed something. Thanks for the share.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 06:56 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

You have taken them from my Comic Vine Darth Sidious Disrespect Thread. Happy Dance

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 09:26 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

So, you who just posted a post claiming a rando on a junk station, and Jolee Bindo debunk be Malak > Kun quote because Karpyshyn admits it was his authorial intent.... are dismissing the Death Star quote as character POV?

Your double standards are legitimately disgusting lmao

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 09:41 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

TOPKEK.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 09:54 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Sheev's supremacy debunked.

The New Essential Chronology is an in-universe source.

A character POV.

Are there any actual, legitimate sources that declare him Sith GOAT?

About as objective as it can get. ["Jedi Academy: Champions of the Force", an in-universe source]

Then there's I, Jedi:

Not only does Corran Horn know how powerful Luke is, in fact he makes it clearer than ever that he's more powerful than he'd ever been. (Something Jedi Academy has echoed.) Corran also confirms that he couldn't imagine anyone being more powerful than Luke. Going as far as to attempt to rationalise that Kun blocking the Force senses of every single Jedi in the academy, including Luke's, as something he just had an affinity for. As opposed to the alternative. Yet he then accepts that they were just more powerful than him

This made my morning.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 09:59 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by Selenial
So, you who just posted a post claiming a rando on a junk station, and Jolee Bindo debunk be Malak > Kun quote because Karpyshyn admits it was his authorial intent.... are dismissing the Death Star quote as character POV?

Your double standards are legitimately disgusting lmao

Way to miss the point of that thread. laughing out loud

Originally posted by ILS
This made my morning.

We've got an entire trilogy depicting the very events Horn is referring to. But nice false equivalency.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 10:55 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

You should post something other than opinions then, eh?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 10:59 AM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

You should probably consider that there's an objective quote stating that Exar Kun was as powerful as anything Luke had faced. I, Jedi just serves to shit on the old 'Kyp had all the power' lowballing that people used against Kun's feats against Luke despite other quotes having already stated otherwise.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 11:03 AM
cs_zoltan

(please log in to view the image)

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 11:13 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

"With the galaxy now ripe for conquest, the Emperor has become the most powerful Sith Lord of all and a master of the Dark Side of the Force, ordering the extermination of the Jedi Order with the aid of his apprentice, the deadly Darth Vader."
-- Legends Epic Collection: The Empire Volume 1
"Yoda was a master at masking his emotions, but not even he could hide them from the greatest Sith Lord ever known."
-- Clone Wars: Wild Space
"Their clash transcended the personal; when new lightning blazed, it was not Palpatine burning Yoda with his hate, it was the Lord of all Sith scorching the Master of all Jedi into a smoldering huddle of clothing and green flesh."
-- RotS novel

I mean, even if you "debunk" all of them and prove they aren't 100% concrete, there's still so many of them, across so many sources and so many eras of Star Wars writing that they are obviously pointing to a certain theme. That theme being: Palpatine is the MVP.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 12:07 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

inb4 he screams ‘april fools’ to get out of how much a disaster this thread has become

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 12:10 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

laughing

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 12:13 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

@Sel AP should make a decent thread as an april's fool prank.

PS: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: F-uck your unquotable apostrophes.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Apr 1st, 2018 12:37 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote