KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Where does Chris Paul belong with the Greatest Point Guards?

Where does Chris Paul belong with the Greatest Point Guards?
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Where does Chris Paul belong with the Greatest Point Guards?

Discuss. I'd put him around the 6-10 range.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 11:37 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I agree. There's about 5-9 PGs in the league that are better than him. I'd put him in the same range.

Old Post May 7th, 2014 07:52 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Realistically, there's a top 10 case to make, but not a top 5. At least not yet. It's surprising how few of the best ever players were PGs, so it's not a huge honor either way. But by the end of his career, he'll likely have a good top 3 or top 5 case.

Old Post May 7th, 2014 07:54 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Greatest of all time? I doubt he would make my top 20. I'm at work and bored, so let me think this through.

Ok, here's who I would put ahead of him for sure.

Magic
Thomas
Robertson
Nash
Frazier
Stockton
Kidd
Goodrich
Payton
Iverson
Cheeks
Price
Tim Hardaway
Archibald
Dennis Johnson
Moncrief
Michael Ray Richardson (snowman was awesome)
Mark Jackson
Tony Parker (up for argument, but I think he's the best pint guard playing right now and I don't even like him)

By Stoic

Old Post May 8th, 2014 04:47 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Guess he would crack my top 20.

By Stoic

Old Post May 8th, 2014 04:47 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Personally i dont see a viable argument for alot of those guys being better than CP3. The ones I think are equal/better are:

Magic
Oscar
Thomas
Stockton
Frazier
Payton
Nash
Kidd

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post May 8th, 2014 11:07 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Paul wouldn't make my top ten.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post May 13th, 2014 02:25 AM
The Gravelord is currently offline Click here to Send The Gravelord a Private Message Find more posts by The Gravelord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Peak Paul is probably top 10. Factoring in everything overall and he ranks somewhere below.

Old Post May 25th, 2014 09:17 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

CP3 is a all time top 10 PG.

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 07:35 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Top 5. (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 06:31 AM
TheHulk
Retired Debater

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Top 5. (please log in to view the image)
Honestly, the only reason why he seriously wouldn't be a all time PG is because his lack of rings and a MVP award..

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 11:35 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

His stats and sheer talent are off the charts. On that basis, he's top 5 imo.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 02:09 PM
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
His stats and sheer talent are off the charts. On that basis, he's top 5 imo.
thumb up

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Oct 18th, 2015 10:21 AM
LordofBrooklyn

No rings means second tier.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2015 02:24 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
No rings means second tier.
Ty Lawson approves apparently laughing out loud

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Oct 24th, 2015 09:20 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Potentially, prior to injuries, he would easily have been top 5.

But realistically, I agree with you. He belongs somewhere between the top 6-10.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 02:55 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

A better question would be: Where does Penny Hardaway belong with the greatest PGs if he never got badly injured?

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 03:33 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
A better question would be: Where does Penny Hardaway belong with the greatest PGs if he never got badly injured?
That's pretty much like Tmac. We can't really say both would have been all time greats but if you really at what they could do...best and graciously enough, you can land then around the 10-7 spot.

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post May 11th, 2016 02:16 PM
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

Right now, maybe top 10 or just a smidgen outside of it. Chris is one of the last true blue prototypical point guards in the league in terms of playmaking, along with Rondo. Curry and Westbrook belong to the score first pass later mold reminiscent of early 2000's Iverson and Bibby who had better passing teammates than them.

Of all time, right now, Magic, Isaiah, and Stockton are dancing in the top 3. Never underestimate John Stockton, he may not have a ring but he's the all time career leader in Assists and Steals.

Old Post May 11th, 2016 03:14 PM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

paul doesn't even crack a top 50 list, let alone a top 10 list

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 14th, 2016 10:15 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote