KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012

(please log in to view the image)

I was surprise to find no thread about it so I made one. So far I love how they combine the 80s cartoon with the 2000s darker tone. Though CGI will take some time getting used to.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 05:43 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Not sure what to think. Still think the 2000 one was the best though that could probably be a bias against the CGI that's used.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2012 08:42 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

It's still just the first two episodes that have been released, so we'll have to see how it turns out. I liked the premiere though. Those Kraang were a good source of humour with their language redundancies, though I was surprised to see the creators combining Krang and the Utroms into the Kraang, as well as Hamato Yoshi and Splinter's backstories.

The CGI was also pretty good, but I still prefer the look of the 2003 series. The Shredder also does not look half as menacing as he did in the 2003 series.

Either way, as far as it being an adaptation to the TMNT mythos goes, it is off to a good start IMO.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2012 04:08 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

After todays new episode im sold! I have always been a turtle fan. As a kid I loved the originals. It took a few episodes for it to get going but im content with it!

I loved that they learned the "we seek victory not fairness"!

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Oct 13th, 2012 04:14 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Indeed. Finally acted like ninjas.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Oct 16th, 2012 05:44 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Watched 3 episodes. Like it so far. Reminds me of Teen Titans - fun stories that end with valuable life lessons. Kinda kiddish but serious when it counts. Hope it gets even better as the show progresses, needs more characters and more chemistry. Also Splinter is effin hilarious, I LOLed several times.

PS Always thought Greg Cipes (Beast Boy, Iron Fist) would make an awesome Mikey.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Last edited by SamZED on Oct 23rd, 2012 at 08:53 PM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 08:46 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I love how they differentiate between joking/normal and serious mode when they go white eyed.

And yes, Splinter is hilarious. I love his little quotes.

"The first rule of being a ninja is "do no harm". Unless you intend to do harm, then do looooooots of harm!!

Or when he was talking to Leo about Leadership.

Leo: So you'd have let any of us be leader if we asked?
Splinter:...Yes.
Leo: Even Mikey?
Splinter.....Of course not.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 08:52 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Lol yeah. Its even funnier because of what he said 10 seconds before that.

Splinter: There are NO such things as Right and Wrong.
Leo: So you'd let Mikey be our leader?
Splinter: Ofcourse not. That'd be wroooooong... LOL

Old Post Oct 24th, 2012 05:59 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Overall, I'm liking the show.

I'm loving the character development, and the way none of the personalities feel forced.. The 2003 toon was great, but the turtles there were modeled pretty heavily on the 1980's toon, and their personalities felt a lot more stilted, like they weren't real people but actors saying lines.. Even little touches like Leo and Raph banging fists after ninja sneaking across rooftops immerses you in the characters.

I'm also loving Splinter. Best Splinter ever, no question. big grin

But the "Anime-esq" touches, I could do without. Exaggerated tears and sweatdrops just don't work in 3d..

Also, as a Mikey fan, I'm hoping down the line he gets to beat one of the top dogs again, like he did to Raph in the 2003 show. I mean, Raph fans got to see him beat Leo straight up, how about giving us Mikey fans something too.. (Ok, so Mikey did beat evil Chuck Norris.... wink )

Last edited by cdtm on Oct 25th, 2012 at 01:57 AM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2012 01:54 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

He didn't just beat him. He beat him with a move he taught him, that he hadn't even known for more than a day.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2012 03:00 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
He didn't just beat him. He beat him with a move he taught him, that he hadn't even known for more than a day.

*Nods* Hints at him being potentially the best fighter of the group, if he took his training more seriously.

Kind of makes him the Ken Masters of the Turtles, I guess.

Last edited by cdtm on Oct 25th, 2012 at 03:05 AM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2012 03:02 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

To be fair, that Kata Mikey used to take down Bradford was pretty uber, as it was able to take down someone far more skilled than all the 4 Turtles combined.

But yeah, Mikey's probably going to be the most agile & fastest one out the 4, again. Raph's still the strongest one, the best fighter, and he's snarkier than ever. Leo's the leader and strategist, and Donny's the smart one.

Originally posted by cdtm

Overall, I'm liking the show.

I'm also loving Splinter. Best Splinter ever, no question. big grin

But the "Anime-esq" touches, I could do without. Exaggerated tears and sweatdrops just don't work in 3d..

So far, I like it more than the 2003 series. The voice-acting is much better, humour is more light-hearted, and the Turtles all have their own quirks.

Agreed. Him being taller and younger also contributes IMO.

Meh, you get used to it. After all, the Turtles become white-eyed when in combat, as a nod to other series', so the other stuff is alright I suppose.

Also, the show must be doing well. They just renewed it for a second season.

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Oct 25th, 2012 at 09:06 PM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2012 08:58 PM
KingD19

Splinter never disappoints. I love this show.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2012 08:25 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

I really like all the characters' personalities and sense of humor, but I'm not to keen on the whole Donnie/April thing they're doing, and based on the last few episodes, .thats going to be their biggest running joke/plot device..

Old Post Nov 10th, 2012 03:04 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

I dont mind April/Donnie, didnt see it coming but whatever.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Shredder is up next! ZOMG

Old Post Nov 11th, 2012 05:17 PM
xtinataguba

i love ninja turtles, my kids re enjoying watching them too.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2012 06:31 AM
xtinataguba is currently offline Click here to Send xtinataguba a Private Message Find more posts by xtinataguba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Gauntlet was awesome. Pretty dark for a kids show and compared to other episodes. This show reminds me of Teen Titans in a way.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2012 08:29 PM
KingD19

Splinter yet again doesn't disappoint.

Mikey: This is serious, I'm gonna go get Master Splinter.
Leo: You really don't have to-
Mikey: -NINJA SMOKEBOMB-
Splinter: -half a second later- Michelangelo said you wanted to see me?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2012 09:41 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Splinter yet again doesn't disappoint.

Mikey: This is serious, I'm gonna go get Master Splinter.
Leo: You really don't have to-
Mikey: -NINJA SMOKEBOMB-
Splinter: -half a second later- Michelangelo said you wanted to see me?

The moments where Splinter humourously and casually pwns his sons are amongst the best moments in the series.

Anyway, gais, favourite turtle, and favourite character?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2013 01:34 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
The moments where Splinter humourously and casually pwns his sons are amongst the best moments in the series.

Anyway, gais, favourite turtle, and favourite character?

Raph. He has a lot more common sense than mikey and leo.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2013 05:55 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote