KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Dooku's feelings in AoTC

Dooku's feelings in AoTC
Started by: Total Warrior

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Dooku's feelings in AoTC

so AotC is airing on tv right now and I'm watching it right now. In the scene set in the Petranaki Arena, when the Jedi are sorrounded by droids, Dooku offers them to surrender granting them their lives, and then when Windu refuses he says "I'm sorry, my friend" or something like that ( in italian it is "mi spiace, amico mio" which is literally I'm sorry, my friend). So my question is: was dooku sincere? did he really feel sorry about having to kill Windu? Did he still feel some kind of compassion for his old comrades? Sometimes Dooku has been portrayed to be more evil: think about his last issue released 1 month ago or so, where he killed that tiger jedi without a second thought. Or when in Dark Disciple he destroyed a lot of ships carrying civilians just because of raisins..

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 10:07 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaveDude33211

Re: Dooku's feelings in AoTC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Total Warrior
so AotC is airing on tv right now and I'm watching it right now. In the scene set in the Petranaki Arena, when the Jedi are sorrounded by droids, Dooku offers them to surrender granting them their lives, and then when Windu refuses he says "I'm sorry, my friend" or something like that ( in italian it is "mi spiace, amico mio" which is literally I'm sorry, my friend). So my question is: was dooku sincere? did he really feel sorry about having to kill Windu? Did he still feel some kind of compassion for his old comrades? Sometimes Dooku has been portrayed to be more evil: think about his last issue released 1 month ago or so, where he killed that tiger jedi without a second thought. Or when in Dark Disciple he destroyed a lot of ships carrying civilians just because of raisins..

I'm sure he did in the beginning, before he sunk further into the Dark Side.

Sentimentalism and whatnot.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 10:23 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Well the novel has it, his tone didn't even make it sound like he was sorry. As far as previous Canon goes, not sure about Current but I wouldn't imagine he was since he was gonna kill them and as you pointed out the other things he did, along with what he has done in TCW.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Apr 8th, 2019 at 11:08 PM

Old Post Apr 8th, 2019 10:54 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I like to imagine he was at full-mast during the entire battle.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 11th, 2019 07:44 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

He would be conflicted. Why not?

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 11th, 2019 09:36 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote