KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Would Trench Be A Good Leader In Thrawn's Eyes?

Would Trench Be A Good Leader In Thrawn's Eyes?
Started by: victreebelvictr

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Would Trench Be A Good Leader In Thrawn's Eyes?

Thrawn has stated that only the best of tacticians understand his plans, would Admiral Trench be one to understand Thrawn's plans?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2018 04:59 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Where tactics/strategies are concerned Trench > Yularen, and Thrawn considered Yularen to be a good tactician because he was able to comprehend his plans after they had been explained. So logically speaking, Trench should also be able to comprehend Thrawn's plans after they were explained as well.

I doubt Thrawn would consider Trench a good leader, though. Trench's downfall is that he lets his emotions get the better of him and makes decisions hastily as a result -- a trait Thrawn certainly does not respect.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 26th, 2018 at 07:34 PM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2018 07:16 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Not entirely sure about the emotions argument, except for that of his final confrontation with Skywalker. I’m sure Thrawn would have had respect for Trench’s stealth technology tracking innovation.

But as Galan mentions, Thrawn admired Yularen, and Yularen was in awe of Trench’s efficiency and ruthlessness.

As for whether Thrawn would consider Trench to be a good leader? Probably. Maybe not. Trench’s participation in the Andoan conflict would be impressive to Thrawn, and would sympathise with his difficult rise to power. I don’t think Thrawn respected battle tactics as much as big picture thinkers though, and there’s little evidence to show Trench as a masterful tactician on the big stage.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2018 10:37 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

I am fairly sure that they stated he was the most strategic of his species and that he won battles that would have been impossible without him.

This is what Wookieepedia says, but I am still looking for sources confirming it.

I think that his species thought of him as a god actually, still Wookieepedia. I never read up on the guy till today so I have some things to confirm.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2018 11:58 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

He was described as Ando’s greatest military leader in the Essential Guide to Warfare but that’s not exactly saying much.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2018 12:36 AM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote