KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mass Effect: Andromeda

Mass Effect: Andromeda
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (37): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Mass Effect 4

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04...-of-development

We're about halfway to the next mass effect.

There is also talk about the first 3 being remasted for next gen. If they did that, I would go through the entire series again. Amazing game series!

PWNT

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 05:19 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It will interesting to see what they do with the story.

And yes, the series is fantastic. My favourite outside of Half-Life.

The characters/story are fantasic, each game plays a bit differently and in my opinion, each game got better and better mechanics wise. Even though people bitched about ME3 ending, that game was absolutely epic. Exactly what I wanted from the last game.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 05:25 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Good that it isn't an extension of the first three games. It'll make it easier for me not to play this new one. I enjoyed the series, but I'm pretty sure I got my fill with the trilogy. I have no desire to jump into an Assassin's Creed-esque ongoing series with multiple protagonists and stories.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 05:26 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I would agree.

I feel Mass Effect could go on for a very long time. The world is ripe for exploration and the series could go to the past, or to the future and I wouldn't have a problem with it. It's almost on par with Star Wars.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 05:52 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

I'll buy an xbone just for this game. Or another fallout. Or another gears of war. That's about it.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 06:02 PM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

I want to play as a Turian sentinel with ****ing facepaint, finally.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 06:20 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I wouldn't be surprised if this new trilogy allows you change your species.

Or we could have completely new species from 200,000 years before Mass Effect. Similar to what KOTOR did for Star Wars.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 06:42 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Would you guys prefer a sequel or prequel to the original story?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 06:47 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

As much as I had some issues with the third game, it wasn't nearly as bad as some claimed, and I'm looking forward to the next game.

I'm hoping this is another trilogy, and that we get race options this time.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch

Sequel. I'd rather play during a period of peace where all of the races are present, than play a prequel where the Geth are in the veil and the Turians hate the Humans.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 06:54 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

I want a First Contact War simulation, where I purge the humans from the galaxy, because I'm sick of the HOOMANZ R TEH SPESHUL trope.

Also, the 2IC is a hot asari who can out-biotic anything.

And the ship is a Death Star.

And everyone fires lazrz!

And... and...

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 07:57 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

I want so fucking badly to be Krogan.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 09:09 PM
The Gravelord is currently offline Click here to Send The Gravelord a Private Message Find more posts by The Gravelord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Sequel. A prequel would blow. Either no humans or First-contact War, which would suck. Nothing really happens before ME1 that would make a good game imo.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 09:22 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

If it were a sequel, I'd want it to be hundreds of years after Shepard's saga.

Also, a sequel is definitely a more risky endeavor for the writers over at Bioware, for a number of reasons.

Otherwise? Prequel.

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 09:46 PM
The Gravelord is currently offline Click here to Send The Gravelord a Private Message Find more posts by The Gravelord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

Work within C-sec as an agent or something on the Citadel, taking down conspiracies and doing undercover crap around the galaxy. Like a Scorsese film in space. Think "The Departed" yes

Or just give us the chance to wipe out the vorcha and Batarians (for a good reason). They push my buttons something horrible...

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 10:21 PM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Gravelord
Trapped within

Originally posted by COG Veteran
Work within C-sec as an agent or something on the Citadel, taking down conspiracies and doing undercover crap around the galaxy. Like a Scorsese film in space. Think "The Departed" yes

(please log in to view the image)

"Evil will hold."

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 11:00 PM
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

I cannot view this evidence on my mobile device.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 11:12 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It has to be hundreds and hundreds of years later. Sheppard needs to be a legend.

Or thousands and thousands of years before. The Reaper cycle happened forever so it can always been something like that.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2014 11:14 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Prequels are boring. Sequel or bust imo.

Old Post May 1st, 2014 12:00 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Digi
Prequels are boring. Sequel or bust imo.
I don't know. The time doesn't really matter. They can make a super advancef civilization on the other side of the universe set 1 billion years in the past and make that work fine.

After all, the reapers were a super advanced computer made by something significantly smarter/more developed than any Mass Effect race. I doubt they were the first or only race around at that time. Somewhere, there is something much older, smarter, and more powerful.

Thats kind of what I want. A completely new galaxy. Leave behind Shepard, and give me some new races. Although, I do want to still play as a human, so I'm not sure how they'd make that work.

I'd be down for a new character who accesses a new form of space flight that lets him/her travel to a separate galaxy and explore somewhere completely new. Give it an unknown, Star Trek exploration kind of feel.

Or keep it in the same galaxy and set it a trillion years into the future. I don't care. Just give me more Mass Effect.

PWNT

Old Post May 1st, 2014 02:33 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I agree. In most cases, a prequel would be kind of boring.

But as Arachnid has said, Mass Effect is in a unique position where they can have "prequel" but it has nothing to do with Sheppard.

Look at KOTOR, I thought it was dumb that they were releasing a Star Wars RPG thousands of years before the first movie. But for me, I actually enjoyed it much more than any other Star Wars media because it was completely new.

Old Post May 1st, 2014 03:01 AM