KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Comic Book Questions

Comic Book Questions
Started by: DarkCrawler

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (575): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Comic Book Questions

**All questions should be taken to the thread linked below**
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t658148.html

-Galan

Ask here what ever you want about comics. Me or someone else can find an answer and give it to you. smile

This is so we don't have to make an new thread for every question that we want to ask.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 17th, 2020 at 11:40 AM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 08:29 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Great thread idea. Here's mine.

What exactly can Genis-Vell, and the nega-bands, do?

I've seen a lot written recently about him trashing King Thor, and while I've read his Marvel bio it doesn't do a great job expounding upon his abilities.

-DM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 08:39 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Here are some things that I found.

Genis-Vell's powers:

quote:
Flight

Pretty self-explanatory; he can fly and travel at high speeds, even in outer space.

Cosmic Awareness

Allows Captain Marvel to sense danger on a universal level. As a result, he can perceive objects and individuals, the presence of beings, and cosmic threats cloaked by invisibility or illusions throughout the universe.

Illusions

Captain Marvel is able to manipulate light and project it as illusions.

Photonic Energy

Captain Marvel can absorb and channel cosmic energy stored in specialized enclaves within his cells. The Nega-Bands allow him to fire it off as energy beams, to use it to form protective shields, or many other abilites.

Telepathy

Captain Marvel and Rick can communicate with each other telepathically. They can also see what the other person is seeing through their eyes.

Vectoring

Performed by focusing on a particular star, tracking into the light to use it as a guide and travelling beyond its speed. Adjustments have to be made, otherwise he'd track the light back to its source and end up in the past.

Nega Bands:

quote:
Nega Bands

The Nega-Bands convert psionic energy stored within Captain Marvel's cells into increased strength, grant him increased resilience, the power of flight, the ability to fire beams of energy from the bands, and the ability to survive unprotected in space. They also allow Captain Marvel and Rick Jones to switch places between the Microverse and the regular universe

Resiliency

The Nega-Bands grant Captain Marvel increased resilience and the ability to survive, unprotected, in outer space. He can also breathe in environments that contain no oxygen.

Super Strength

The Nega-Bands can convert cosmic energy into increased strength, allowing him to lift roughly 15 tons under optimal conditions.

Some better ones:

quote:
Super-Strength

Captain Marvel has super-strength. His strength level, which can be enhanced by focusing energies of his nega-bands inwards, may be anywhere from class 15 to class 50.

Power Source: Both Physical ability and Negabands.

Flight

Captain Marvel can fly and travel at high speeds, even in outerspace. He can breathe in environments that contain no oxygen. (However, he cannot breathe in water, because there is oxygen -- and he just can't extract it, as seen in Captain Marvel #2)

Power Source: Negabands.

Cosmic Awareness

"Cosmic Awareness" is the power to be cosmically aware of his surroundings. Right now, Rick and CM have no little control over the Cosmic Awareness, and it is contantly on.

Power Source: Physical ability

Photon Blasts/Cosmic Energy

Captain Marvel can fire beams of Photon energy from his nega-bands. PAD also said at the Captain Marvel Message Board: "My feeling is that the energy he funnels through his negabands can be used in a variety of ways. He can direct it internally, giving him accelerated strength. Or he can manipulate it to form the equivalent of energy "shields" to give him some insulation against attack. Think of it as cosmic shock absorbers. If Marvel was just standing there, offering no defense, and the Hulk hit him, they'd be picking up the pieces from here to Saskatoon. As it is, in a fight he was able--through quick action with the negabands--to deflect/absorb some of the impact. Some, but not all."

Power Source: Negabands

The Nega-Bands

Rick Jones uses the negabands to switch place with Captain Marvel by slamming them together and he is replaced by Genis-Vell (Captain Marvel).
The nega-bands also are like a funnel of energy, giving Marvel a lot of his un-natural powers.
In Captain Marvel #3, Genis (while Rick was in the realworld) was able to cause the negabands to release a powerful Jolt of energy. However, Rick Jones cannot tap into the Negabands full energy potential, but can release energy Jolts into someone if they come in contact witht he bands.

Power Source: Negabands

The "Exchange"

Rick Jones and Captain Marvel are molecularly bonded. Rick switches places with him using the Negabands. When one of them is in the real world, the other will be in a "nullfield" which protects them and keeps them immoble. This nullfield is found in the microverse. In Captain Marvel #4 & #5, Captain Marvel broke the nullfield when he transported Drax to the microverse with him, so while one is on Earth the other is free to roam the Microverse. And they fell to the alien planet K'ai. This is where Hulk first met his green-skinned alien lover, Jarella.

Power Source: Negabands, and the fact that Rick Jones and Captain Marvel are "missing" Atoms, and they need to be connection to survive.

Mental Connection

Rick can speak to Captain Marvel (and vice versa) via some unknown mental connection, and they see each other's reflections instead of their own.

In Captain Marvel #15, Captain Marvel was able to concentrate and "enter" into Rick's dream, and wake him up by mentally creating an image of him banging symbols together. This leads to suggest their mental connection may be closer than previously thought. Whether through concentration Rick can do this as well, or this ability is uniquely Genis' remains to be seen.

Power Source: Physical Ability

Spatial Aperture

Genis at one point was able to create spatial apertures with his nega-bands. It's a hole between the universe and the nega-verse, it kept whatever was trapped in the aperture in a stasis field. Unable to move, but able to talk and listen. Since Genis' connection to the negative Zone is seemingly gone(to what degree, I do not know) it is unclear if he still has this ability.

Power Source: Negabands.

Energy-to-Mass Conversion

This isn't exactly a power of his. In Captain Marvel #16, a freak accident causes Captain Marvel to turn into living energy, and using his Nega-Bands he was able to reform himself. However, he cannot do this naturally himself, or at least not yet, maybe eventually when he learns more about his powers.

Power Source: Both Physical ability and Negabands.

And here is the site I found the better description from. Should answer lot of questions about Capt. Marvel.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 08:54 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

nice thread idea......i know there are some questions that i wanted to ask...but now i cant remember...but ill come back and ask later

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 09:13 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Thanks DC

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 09:54 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nigel45
The Amazing

Cool. I was just thinking about asking this question in a new thread, but looks like I don't have to.

Bart Allen (Impulse/Kid Flash) is Barry Allen's grandson right? So who are Bart's parents? I ask because I didn't think Barry had any kids, making grandkids a little difficult...

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 11:06 PM
nigel45 is currently offline Click here to Send nigel45 a Private Message Find more posts by nigel45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/bart.html

It's rather complicated but this should answer your Bart questions...as I understand it, his parents no longer exist because he was conceived in the future and the future he knew no longer exists....something like that. The site says it better.

-DM

http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/twins.html

Don (the guy in this link) is his father....Barry's son in the 30th century. These two died at some point and somehow Bart was sent back in time to present day.

Last edited by Digi on Jun 5th, 2005 at 11:30 PM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 11:24 PM
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

yo Blair Wind i luv ur signature. Superman: Godfall was an awesome book.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 03:02 AM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have a question also by the way. Okay, i heard somewhere that the original Thunderstrike, Kevin Masterson, was Thor's son. But i just recently read Thor #70, and it says in their that Magni (the red-haired Thor look-a-like) is actually Thor's son. So which one is Thor's REAL son? or are they both?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 03:30 AM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Magni is Thor's Son from an alternate future reality. Amora The Enchantress is his mother. Thunderstrike is Eric Masterson. Was given a mystic uru hammer and Thor like power by Odin and Thor. Thunderstrike is not Thor's son. Kevin Masterson, Thunderstrike II is Eric's son.

Last edited by Adam Warlock on Jun 6th, 2005 at 04:04 AM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 04:00 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nigel45
The Amazing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/bart.html

It's rather complicated but this should answer your Bart questions...as I understand it, his parents no longer exist because he was conceived in the future and the future he knew no longer exists....something like that. The site says it better.

-DM

http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/twins.html

Don (the guy in this link) is his father....Barry's son in the 30th century. These two died at some point and somehow Bart was sent back in time to present day.

Cool. Thanks alot Digi. As I expected, his story doesn't make a whole lot of sense, at least not to me.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 06:06 AM
nigel45 is currently offline Click here to Send nigel45 a Private Message Find more posts by nigel45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by armandovalles
yo Blair Wind i luv ur signature. Superman: Godfall was an awesome book.

Thanks...ok heres my question: why do Hulks pants never rip??

ok real question: does anyone know why Xavier used Sage as a spy and trained her without the other X-men knowing? and why he said that she would never be as good as his X-men and that she was nothing but a spy? thanks to whoever can help

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 01:45 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Great thread idea. Here's mine.

What exactly can Genis-Vell, and the nega-bands, do?

I've seen a lot written recently about him trashing King Thor, and while I've read his Marvel bio it doesn't do a great job expounding upon his abilities.

-DM

that isn't actually an answerable question at present.... Genis is appearing in New Thunderbolts... his powers have changed due to a near death experience.... and he's now going by the name "Photon"..... which i thought was stupid because the female Captain Marvel changed her name to Photon years ago (strange coincidence...sick ) but at the end of issue 8 it looks like they are going to deal with that as you see her finding out about a "Photon" on the New Thunderbolts team

Genis himself doesn't know what his powers are exactly at present and is getting the Radioactive Man (or R-Man) to help test them out

My Question...... (Thunderbolts related also) .... does anyone else think the "Swordsman" will be revealed as NOMAD? (Jack Munroe)
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStri...5/paraphen.html
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStri.../5655/file.html

he seems to have the right blend of fighting ability, usefulness with weaponry, agility.... and he's been controlled before in T-Bolts (as Scourge) ....Swordsman is being controlled by Purple Man...... which is also stupid because in New Avengers Purple man was one of the guys on "The Raft" (the super prison) he put off his escape to f**k with cage's head... then Cage beat him so bad that he should still be in hospital..... not running around on rooftops meeting the Sworsdman

at the moment he's my guess for the Swordsman's identity

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Jun 6th, 2005 at 02:27 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 02:20 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Okay.

Here is mine question: Is Radioactive Man good or evil? Because I saw him being good on new Thunderbolts, but then he was killing people in Black Panther. Or does the Black Panther series situate on the past?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 02:24 PM
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

i had a feeling this would happen. a few ideas like this was tried about a year ago and it only yeilded more questions than answers, but here's mine anyway. what ever happened to doomsday in action comics? when Darksied came looking for him, and supes smacked him back in his boomtube then Gog showed up beat supes ass they still never explained what happened to doomsday

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 06:15 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

I don't know...maybe you could try to post the issue number, and I could try to find something.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 07:16 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Thanks...ok heres my question: why do Hulks pants never rip??

ok real question: does anyone know why Xavier used Sage as a spy and trained her without the other X-men knowing? and why he said that she would never be as good as his X-men and that she was nothing but a spy? thanks to whoever can help

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 09:32 PM
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

Radioactive Man is actually evil in New Thunderbolts. Atlas has suspected this for a while, but it has never been stated to whether it is true or not. So yea, Radioactive Man is a bad guy.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 10:49 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by armandovalles
Radioactive Man is actually evil in New Thunderbolts. Atlas has suspected this for a while, but it has never been stated to whether it is true or not. So yea, Radioactive Man is a bad guy.

i read the first 8 issues the other day and he did nothing to make me belive he is evil..... please explain how you came to that conclusion

and what do you think about this?

My Question...... (Thunderbolts related also) .... does anyone else think the "Swordsman" will be revealed as NOMAD? (Jack Munroe)
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStri...5/paraphen.html
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStri.../5655/file.html

he seems to have the right blend of fighting ability, usefulness with weaponry, agility.... and he's been controlled before in T-Bolts (as Scourge) ....Swordsman is being controlled by Purple Man...... which is also stupid because in New Avengers Purple man was one of the guys on "The Raft" (the super prison) he put off his escape to f**k with cage's head... then Cage beat him so bad that he should still be in hospital..... not running around on rooftops meeting the Sworsdman

at the moment he's my guess for the Swordsman's identity

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 10:52 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay, has anyone read the Ultimate X-Men saga called "Cry Wolf"? Well, in one of those issue Wolverine sticks his claws in Gambit's face and Gambit grabs them, making them glow purple because they are now charged with kinetic energy. Well, Gambt said that if he let go he could destroy wolverine's adamantium skeleton, do u think that's true? cuz i thought Adamantium was supposed to be indestructible.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 12:45 AM