KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Ion Fury

Ion Fury
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Ion Maiden

A new old school style shooter using Duke Nukem 3D & Shadow Warrior's engine, Published by 3D Realms

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 12:58 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

A prequel to 3D Realms' last game, Bombshell, I believe. That I hear didn't do well but second chances are always good and often get good results. There a console release?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 01:40 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Can already play it on Steam, Its in early access and the reviews are positive.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 01:46 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Late hearing about this but a console port is in fact happening for Xbox, PS4 and Switch this year. No specifics yet for when though.

https://www.destructoid.com/ion-mai...ts-528189.phtml

Last edited by Nemesis X on Feb 11th, 2019 at 11:29 PM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2019 11:23 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm just hoping the other episodes for it aren't a disappointment, As you can only play the first one at the moment with it being in early access.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 12:06 AM
cdtm

Ehh, think I might pass.

There are SO many free mods and such out there for Duke3d, Doom, ect.. And I can play Shadow Warrior for free.

Something like this smells too much of "New money for old rope". Am sure it will be overpriced, and I hate "pay now, get full game later" systems.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 12:28 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Just checked Steam:

20 dollars. laughing

No thanks.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 12:35 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm

There are SO many free mods and such out there for Duke3d, Doom, ect.. And I can play Shadow Warrior for free..

Except this isn't a mod

They're using the Ken Silverman build engine which Duke Nukem 3D used and many other games and pushing it even further

Last edited by Kazenji on Feb 12th, 2019 at 12:42 AM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 12:40 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by cdtm Am sure it will be overpriced, and I hate "pay now, get full game later" systems.

They're not all bad with that system

Amid Evil is still in Early Access and you get access to 6 episodes so far and no you don't need to pay for those episodes like DLC.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 12:45 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by Kazenji
Except this isn't a mod

They're using the Ken Silverman build engine which Duke Nukem 3D used and many other games and pushing it even further

How's that different then a "limit breaking source port"?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 12:52 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Just because you're hating on it doesn't make you cool.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 12:53 AM
cdtm

It was an honest question.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 01:01 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And seems to me you have to always find some angle to hate on.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 01:11 AM
cdtm

Ok?

Not sure why my preferences concern you.. You're free to buy and enjoy it.

I just don't think it's for me. The fact is, most 90's fps's haven't aged well, and a brand new fps that plays just like old games isn't something I'm very interested in, when I could just play old games I'm actually nostalgic about (And likely wouldn't play if not for nostalgia.)

Old Post Feb 12th, 2019 01:28 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The Iron Maiden band filed a lawsuit over the name of the game, forcing 3D Realms to cave and change it from Ion Maiden to Ion Fury.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/7/11/2...ch-xbox-one-ps4

Here's the trailer confirming the change.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jul 14th, 2019 at 08:11 PM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2019 07:57 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Consider in the last 2 minutes looking up this game, I thought it said Iron Maiden and was thinking of the band.

Makes sense for the band to do so.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2019 09:21 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

They're vastly different medium's, though.

I guess they're within their rights, but this thing is literally no threat at all to their thing. Nor, do I believe the Iron Maiden brand will sell any games (And you'd have to be really stupid to buy a game without knowing anything about it)

Old Post Jul 15th, 2019 12:22 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Doesn't matter if they are different mediums.
It's a terrible name and it's very similar to one of the most popular metal bands.

If I said, "oh, I'm playing this game called Ion Maiden", I would say 95% of the people would make the mistake it's something to do with the band.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2019 01:45 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Eh. Ion Maiden grew on me so the change is kind of a bummer but I understand the reason.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2019 05:53 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I doubt it was from the actual band itself doing the lawsuit, Most likely from their record label.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2019 06:24 AM