KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Blair Witch

Blair Witch
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Blair Witch

….I love whoever decided this but also hate them for it at the same time.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2019 10:24 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Can't see the video.

Do you fight the Blair Witch, just like Sylvester Stallone did in that movie I wish I saw?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2019 10:49 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

True horror is not seeing the danger and your imagination is all you have to fill the void on what makes those creepy sounds you hear. It's what freaked me out with the first movie so I hope they go for that and the stuff seen in the trailer is just for show for the E3 crowd. Aside from DOOM 3 and the Resident Evil games of old, Blair Witch had to be most heart pounding experience I had. They better not screw it up.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2019 10:57 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
True horror is not seeing the danger and your imagination is all you have to fill the void on what makes those creepy sounds you hear. It's what freaked me out with the first movie so I hope they go for that and the stuff seen in the trailer is just for show for the E3 crowd. Aside from DOOM 3 and the Resident Evil games of old, Blair Witch had to be most heart pounding experience I had. They better not screw it up.

That's what got me in Soma. The Construct damn near gave me a heart attack, when I got to it.

Every encounter after that started a downward spiral from scary, to disturbing, to just annoying.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2019 11:38 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Bloober Team, the guys behind Layers of Fear and the Observer, are in charge of developing this.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2019 04:50 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Has to be better then the previous ones.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2019 05:01 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Bloober Team, the guys behind Layers of Fear and the Observer, are in charge of developing this.
Layers of Fear sucked ass.

I hope they do better with this.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 10th, 2019 05:04 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Never did get to try Layers of Fear but I have heard it became quite a popular mixed bag with one side saying it's good, the other bad. Guess time will tell how well they'll pull this one off.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 10th, 2019 at 05:19 AM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2019 05:16 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post Jun 10th, 2019 12:39 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Old Post Jun 12th, 2019 11:22 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

True horror is not seeing the danger and your imagination is all you have to fill the void on what makes those creepy sounds you hear.

That's not true horror, merely an aspect of it. Will check this game out though, good horror games are few and far between.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jun 12th, 2019 12:12 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Never did get to try Layers of Fear but I have heard it became quite a popular mixed bag with one side saying it's good, the other bad. Guess time will tell how well they'll pull this one off.
It doesn't scare you... at all.

Production values were high-ish.

But everything sucks, the scares wouldn't make me 2 year old nephew scared, he'd laugh.

It's a great game to have some friends over and laugh at the cheap scares but as a horror game it fails objectively.

I'll explain why:

Did those scare you? Or would you compare them to some dumb-ass horror ride at universal? I'll go with the latter personally.

I'm not playing a horror game to explore a haunted house, I wanna feel dread, terror, horror.

If you want a horror game where you explore, go play Subnautica, great game, especially if you have Thalassophobia there will be times where you will ****ing CRY in fear from that game.

There were other elements that were seemingly ripped the hell off, badly, from P.T. They failed to use those ripped off elements well.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2019 04:19 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^ Like Nemesis said it's a mixed bag.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2019 02:53 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Sep 11th, 2019 05:51 AM
Arachnid1

This game sucked ass and so did Layers of Fear. This dev honestly makes the worst horror games. Angry Joe has it right.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 11th, 2019 08:52 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Arachnid1
This game sucked ass and so did Layers of Fear. This dev honestly makes the worst horror games. Angry Joe has it right.

Seems that way.

So far, the best horror game of the past decade I've played isn't even a horror game.

But subnautica nails horror, between visiting deep dark areas and monster alien fish around every corner, an ever present giant burning space Hulk, and mysterious alien installations littered throughout the world surrounded by land with hopping mad crab things.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2019 09:06 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
Seems that way.

So far, the best horror game of the past decade I've played isn't even a horror game.

But subnautica nails horror, between visiting deep dark areas and monster alien fish around every corner, an ever present giant burning space Hulk, and mysterious alien installations littered throughout the world surrounded by land with hopping mad crab things.

If you're looking for a good horror game you should play "Clive Barker's Undying" on PC. The atmosphere the game creates is something I haven't experienced in any other game.

"Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem" is another good one.

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 11th, 2019 at 09:47 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2019 09:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Surtur
If you're looking for a good horror game you should play "Clive Barker's Undying" on PC. The atmosphere the game creates is something I haven't experienced in any other game.

"Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem" is another good one.
I'm confident Subnautica could stand toe-to-toe with it.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2019 11:18 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

From the sequels to this game, the Blair Witch is trapped in the woods of high budget where she's being too tryhard.

So much for that hidden gem.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2019 01:19 AM