KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Dragged Across Concrete (2018)

Dragged Across Concrete (2018)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Dragged Across Concrete (2018)

Mel Gibson, Vince Vaughn. Director S. Craig Zahler, who is turning into one of the new great filmmakers.

Holy shit this was good. I think it might be my favorite of his films so far. Also check out Brawl on Cell Block 99 and Bone Tomahawk if you haven't already.

And f#ck all you assholes for not making a thread for this and recommending it a long time ago. Don't watch the trailer. Just watch the film. It's a gem..

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 27th, 2019 07:10 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Oliver Brown
Restricted

Account Restricted

In this new, bleak and often unexpectedly grand genre movie (it's essentially a buddy-cop flick, but with operatic ambitions), the thread out of place, both irritably scratching and strangely arresting, is Mel Gibson.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2019 12:35 PM
Oliver Brown is currently offline Click here to Send Oliver Brown a Private Message Find more posts by Oliver Brown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I thought this movie was brilliant. Just amazing direction, worthy of Kubrick, Tarantino, or Cronenberg. Same auteur style.

And it has profound racial/social commentary, so the fact that they cast Mel Gibson the way they did gives it even more punch.

I can't recommend this movie highly enough.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2019 01:24 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

They make a great pairing, Zahler and Vaughn. Brawl in Cell Block 99 is a hilariously deadpan, brutal movie. Haven't seen this yet but look forward to it.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2019 12:36 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Definitely loved this movie. I'm hooked on this director until he proves me wrong.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2019 06:47 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Myth
Definitely loved this movie. I'm hooked on this director until he proves me wrong.

Same. I think he's clearly one of the best writer/directors to keep an eye on right now.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2019 12:52 PM
Oliver Brown
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dragged Across Concrete feels like you're dangling on the end of a meat hook. It's painful and tense and at the same time, a little ridiculous... Even then, it's full of surprises, and riches for those who like it darker.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2019 10:11 AM
Oliver Brown is currently offline Click here to Send Oliver Brown a Private Message Find more posts by Oliver Brown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote