KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Balder vs Shatterstar

Balder vs Shatterstar
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

Balder vs Shatterstar

Sword fight only both at best who wins how and why?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2012 11:11 PM
ozz81 is currently offline Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Balder would destroy him. How would Shatterstar even defend against the huge strength advantage? I could see Balder swinging, and knocking Shatterstar through the ground even if he managed to block.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 01:17 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
Balder would destroy him. How would Shatterstar even defend against the huge strength advantage? I could see Balder swinging, and knocking Shatterstar through the ground even if he managed to block.
Did you see his fight against Ben?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 01:18 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Mindset
Did you see his fight against Ben?

Sometimes comics make very little sense though. Imagine trying to block a guys sword strike, with another sword, but the difference is that the guy swinging happens to be able to move 80 plus tons on an off day. In a forum match Shatterstar has no business fighting this far above his weight class.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 01:37 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Sometimes comics make very little sense though. Imagine trying to block a guys sword strike, with another sword, but the difference is that the guy swinging happens to be able to move 80 plus tons on an off day. In a forum match Shatterstar has no business fighting this far above his weight class.

Balder is probably around class 30-50. I don't think there is anything to suggest he is in the 80 ton range.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 01:41 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Balder is probably around class 30-50. I don't think there is anything to suggest he is in the 80 ton range.

Really because I thought that he was the only other non Sky Father Asgardian second to Thor that was among the mightiest of the race. Even still 30-50 ton range is still above Shatterstar. I mean do you have any idea of how hard he would hit him? It would be like you swinging a baseball bat and knocking a hardball out of the ball park. The strength advantage is too great. Shatterstar would be better suited to fighting Deadpool or someone on that level.

Last edited by Stoic on Sep 13th, 2012 at 01:52 AM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 01:46 AM
Mindset

They don't need to make sense.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 01:47 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

They don't need to make sense.

Well forum debates do.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 01:51 AM
Mindset

And forum debates are based off comics.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 01:53 AM
Stoic
Avenger

And forum debates are based off comics.

Without the PIS though.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 01:57 AM
Heavenly king
The End of All

Balder is class 50 and he'll out class Shatterstar

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 02:00 AM
Heavenly king is currently offline Click here to Send Heavenly king a Private Message Find more posts by Heavenly king Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Really because I thought that he was the only other non Sky Father Asgardian second to Thor that was among the mightiest of the race. Even still 30-50 ton range is still above Shatterstar. I mean do you have any idea of how hard he would hit him? It would be like you swinging a baseball bat and knocking a hardball out of the ball park. The strength advantage is too great. Shatterstar would be better suited to fighting Deadpool or someone on that level.

Probably why Shatterstar won't shoot for a double leg and try to wrestle Balder into submission. If they fought he'd us his speed and skill to stay on the outside and dance around Blader and attempt to slash him up.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 02:02 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Probably why Shatterstar won't shoot for a double leg and try to wrestle Balder into submission. If they fought he'd us his speed and skill to stay on the outside and dance around Blader and attempt to slash him up.

I thought that Asgardians were much faster than humans, and have far more stamina. Balder is not a some huge slow monolith type character that would allow for Shatterstar to dance around him. All I imagine seeing is Balder grabbing him and choke slamming him through the street, and into a sewer hole.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 02:18 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

I thought that Asgardians were much faster than humans, and have far more stamina. Balder is not a some huge slow monolith type character that would allow for Shatterstar to dance around him. All I imagine seeing is Balder grabbing him and choke slamming him through the street, and into a sewer hole.

Firstly, Shattarstar isn't human. Secondly, even Thor doesn't have the speed feats that put him above the top tier streets in combat speed and reflexes. Balder has one speed feat... and it's almost as good as some of Typhoid Mary's speed feats... almost.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 02:21 AM
Mindset

Without the PIS though.
Wasn't PIS.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 02:29 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Firstly, Shattarstar isn't human. Secondly, even Thor doesn't have the speed feats that put him above the top tier streets in combat speed and reflexes. Balder has one speed feat... and it's almost as good as some of Typhoid Mary's speed feats... almost.

Which still does not give you any reason to make a case that Shatterstar would speed blitz a guy that is clearly not a monolithic slowpoke.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 02:29 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Which still does not give you any reason to make a case that Shatterstar would speed blitz a guy that is clearly not a monolithic slowpoke.

I don't have any Shatterstar scans that don't involve him being tooled by Wolverine, but he is fast. He has a few crazy bullet time feasts under PAD in X-Factor. He is a class 10 with hallow bird bones (he only weighs 85 pounds or something), that combo makes him fast.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 02:35 AM
Stoic
Avenger

I don't have any Shatterstar scans that don't involve him being tooled by Wolverine, but he is fast. He has a few crazy bullet time feasts under PAD in X-Factor. He is a class 10 with hallow bird bones (he only weighs 85 pounds or something), that combo makes him fast.

Thanks for the synopsis, but I know very well who Shatterstar, and Longshot are. I thought that it was only Longshot with the hollow bones, and Longshot is no class 10, nor do I believe that Shatterstar is. What kind of idiotic writer would give an 85 pound guy, with hollow bones the ability to lift 10 tons? There is certainly a citation, or scan needed to prove that he can lift more than 1 ton which is plenty of weight in and of itself.

Balder is above Shatterstar, they aren't peers. One is a Video Warrior/Gladiator that plays at war, while the other is an ancient Warrior/Gladiator that has been in real wars that would resemble a scene out of the Lord of the Rings, except that the guys that wage the wars all lift far above 10 tons, and aren't slow.

Balder would rip Shatterstar apart.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 02:42 AM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Thanks for the synopsis, but I know very well who Shatterstar, and Longshot are. I thought that it was only Longshot with the hollow bones, and Longshot is no class 10, nor do I believe that Shatterstar is. What kind of idiotic writer would give an 85 pound guy, with hollow bones the ability to lift 10 tons? There is certainly a citation, or scan needed to prove that he can lift more than 1 ton which is plenty of weight in and of itself.

Balder is above Shatterstar, they aren't peers. One is a Video Warrior/Gladiator that plays at war, while the other is an ancient Warrior/Gladiator that has been in real wars that would resemble a scene out of the Lord of the Rings, except that the guys that wage the wars all lift far above 10 tons, and aren't slow.

Balder would rip Shatterstar apart.

Dude... I really don't want to have to make a Shatterstar respect thread. Please don't make me. Just look at any and every Shatterstar bio on the internet, the fact that he has hallow bones is common knowledge. Why does he have super strength to go along with his hollow bones? Beats me... but it's hardly the dumbest thing in print in the super hero genre... and besides every single Shi'ar has hollow bones, and their average citizens are default class one... and some of them are on par with Gladiator.

Shatterstar might be a "Video Warrior/Gladiator that plays at war," but he does it on panel. When he shows up he gets to do stuff, when Blader shows up he gets to stand around in the back ground with the Warriors Three will Thor takes care of business. Feats dictate who wins... aside from one bullet redirect feat, Blader's feats suck.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 03:02 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Asgardian pie feat rulez

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 03:06 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote