KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Sin City (2005)

Sin City (2005)
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Sin City (2005)

I searched multiple forums but couldn't find an existing thread.

Seriously................this film is magnificent and amazing.

My honest opinion is that it's the greatest comic book adaptation ever made. It's just great on every level and I own every comic book, too.

My favorite segment is "That Yellow Bastard". Superb acting and tension. The only bummer is that Jessica Alba refused to dance nude like in the comic book.

The sequel, A Dame to Kill For, was shockingly not that great and very underwhelming.

What are your opinions?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 19th, 2020 12:05 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i enjoyed the film. good violence. story was pretty good..

sequel sucked

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 19th, 2020 03:11 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Great film

i ended up getting the Recut and Extended Special Edition way back in 2005 when it was released, Came with Volume 1 of Sin City.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2020 04:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Sin City was great.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2020 04:42 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Re: Sin City (2005)

Sin City is one of my all-time favorite movies. It truly is an uncompromising masterpiece.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
The sequel, A Dame to Kill For, was shockingly not that great and very underwhelming.

I actually revisited it a few months ago and found it better than I remembered. I just thought the ending was underwhelming. But otherwise it's still pretty good. Obviously it's not as good as Yellow Bastard and all, but still entertaining. Part of the problem is that it came out around the same time as the 300 sequel with Eva Green in another similar lead role and something felt canned and stock about that.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2020 12:29 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

First movie: Yeah!

Sequel: Meh

Old Post Feb 19th, 2020 02:31 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Another CBM after Watchmen to make the scenes shot to shot from the comic

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Feb 29th, 2020 03:57 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Absolutely loved it and saw it several times in the theater when it came out. I’ve always been a fan of noir when done right, and Sin City hit all of the bullet points, literally.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2020 04:04 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Another CBM after Watchmen to make the scenes shot to shot from the comic

CBM?

Old Post Feb 29th, 2020 04:14 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by riv6672
CBM?

Comic Book Movie

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Feb 29th, 2020 04:45 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Great movie. As for the sequel, well...to quote Jay Sherman: it stinks!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2020 05:07 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by steverules_2
Comic Book Movie

Ty! thumb up

Old Post Feb 29th, 2020 05:38 PM
John Murdoch

It is still quite possibly the best comic book movie ever, even after all The Dark Knights, The Logans, The Guardians of the Galaxies, The Infinity Wars and the Endgames.

My favorite performance was Mickey Rourke as Marv, and my favorite storyline was That Yellow Bastard.

Sin City as well is Robert Rodriguez's best film by a country mile, and is the best example of directors who do nearly everything they can (direct, edit, produce, write, music, etc.) by their lonesome.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2020 03:30 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote