KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Is it possible that Sidious actually won?

Is it possible that Sidious actually won?
Started by: Eli Vanto

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Is it possible that Sidious actually won?

I recently read a theory where s user detailed how Sidious may have actually won at the end of ROS, because he was able to get Rey to destroy him (by deflecting his lightning).... Which is what Sidious wanted from the beginning.

The theory goes on to suggest that Sidious's essence hopped into Rey after she killed him, and is basically hiding dormantly within her, waiting for the opportunity to surface again.

What do you guys think? Agree or disagree?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 01:53 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Its just a dumb plot hole. I mean youre right he wanted her to kill him.

Im guessing he needed her to choose to be his vessel or some shit, but whatever it was it was executed terribly, and I feel thats because it really wasnt thought through at all.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 03:15 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The implication seemed to be that Rey had to give into her emotions, and strike Palpatine down in a moment of anger, in order for the transfer to be successful... But that's not how she ultimately killed him(technically Palpatine's own attack is what destroyed him.)

Aside from that, once Palpatine absorbed the #DyadPOWA and made himself whole again, he ceased giving a shit about body-hopping, because there was no longer a need to do so.

So yeah, as of now it seems like Palpatine was meant to have been completely eradicated... But could they still bring he(or Snoke) back again in the future? Sure.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 08:35 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
But that's not how she ultimately killed him(technically Palpatine's own attack is what destroyed him.)

So why didnt he just Stop Firing?!

But again I dont want to get into the million plot holes of TROSs final act.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 09:09 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

If only that were the dumbest part of the ST... sad

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 10:15 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

If only that were the dumbest part of the ST... sad

I'm not sure you could narrow down the dumbest part.....or can you? Hm...

Old Post Jun 5th, 2020 11:27 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

For me, the dumbest part was what they did to Luke. Still pisses me off.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2020 12:32 AM
Zenwolf

You know, watching a video on plotholes n everything, something else was brought up. Ok so this Chosen One prophecy right.....so if taking Anakin as the Chosen One here...the balance only lasted a mere 30 years? XD

Oh but before the Prophecy, there was at least 1,000 years of peace within the Republic. Whaaat lol....the Prophecy is complete garbage if it's only for a mere 30 years!

Old Post Jun 7th, 2020 01:50 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

You also have to wonder if the prophesy was even fulfilled at all, given that Palpatine basically just hopped right into another body immediately after Vader's betrayal.

The whole thing is a mess.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2020 01:58 AM
Zenwolf

You also have to wonder if the prophesy was even fulfilled at all, given that Palpatine basically just hopped right into another body immediately after Vader's betrayal.

The whole thing is a mess.

Ayyye.

By the by here's the video if ya wanna see, they brought up points I didn't even consider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ttfwyrjNv0

Which just makes it all hilarious!

Old Post Jun 7th, 2020 02:06 AM
Darth Thor

He dumb part there was to act as if that was a consistent portrayal of the character.

Anyway the dumbest part and source of this whole trilogy was repeating the plot the OT. Especially For a trilogy which when watched in sequential order take place right after the OT

Old Post Jun 7th, 2020 02:59 AM
ares834

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Ayyye.

By the by here's the video if ya wanna see, they brought up points I didn't even consider.

At this point, it's best to accept that the sequels are non-canon. They simply don't fit within the universe Lucas established.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2020 03:18 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Ayyye.

This makes me sad. sad

Originally posted by Darth Thor
He dumb part there was to act as if that was a consistent portrayal of the character.
Luke: "I never lost faith in Vader. He was as evil as it gets, and his actions over the years made Kylo at his worst look like a virgin choir boy... But he wasn't beyond redemption. Kylo, on the other hand, will still become pretty bad in the future, so I should probably just kill him."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 7th, 2020 at 11:36 AM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2020 11:20 AM