KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Black Lantern Corps vs Cancerverse

Black Lantern Corps vs Cancerverse
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Black Lantern Corps vs Cancerverse

(please log in to view the image)

vs

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 28th, 2011 06:50 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Black Lantern ***** the Cancer verse, and easily too if Nekron's in the fight.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2011 06:57 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SquallX
Black Lantern ***** the Cancer verse, and easily too if Nekron's in the fight.

The phuck they dont. Cancerverse easily out guns them in numbers. If Nekron steps up the plate, he still has to deal with Galactus Engine, on top The Many-Angled Ones.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2011 07:01 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Black Lanterns. Anyone who is dead can be a Black Lantern. The numbers are near infinite.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2011 07:04 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Naw Prep-Man, your going to have to think way more beyond simple conclusions. I can do the same.

Canververse. Benefit from Eternal Life. And their numbers are those of a rival universe +more.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2011 07:10 AM
Senor Cage

Well, I'm going with BL. Nekron turns the tide.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2011 07:11 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Well, I'm going with BL. Nekron turns the tide.

How does he turn the tide? When the Galactus, and the Celestials struggled to keep the Galactus Engine at bay?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2011 07:15 AM
Senor Cage

I'd say Nekron is above that. The only power that harmed him was the white light. Does Galactus engine have that?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2011 07:17 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

I'd say Nekron is above that. The only power that harmed him was the white light. Does Galactus engine have that?

This is the part that is often overlooked.

The white light being the embodiment of life. The rolls are reversed, Galactus Engine is one of the Many Angles Ones, which embody Life in an alternate universe.

Simple Answer. Yes.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2011 07:20 AM
Senor Cage

That's debatable, but we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2011 07:23 AM
Sirius77

I don't think that either one is the same. I think they both have different circumstances that would make a default victory un-obtainable for either side.

With this said, if the galactus engine and many angled ones are involved in this fight along with Lord Mar-Vell, I don't see why Black Hand or any other BL couldn't do exactly what thanos did. Because after all, Nekron is DC's embodiment of death, and the entire cancerverse was taken down by her last time. The only difference is that Nekron is seemingly higher up in the DC abstract hierarchy. Take that how you will.

I think that a strong argument could be made for either side, but seeing as this is life vs death, the invincible walking dead vs the immortal, I don't see why this wouldn't end up as a stalemate for the lesser forces on both sides.

The real battle will be Nekron vs The Many Angled ones and the Galactus Engine imo.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2011 07:31 AM
Sirius77 is currently offline Click here to Send Sirius77 a Private Message Find more posts by Sirius77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Well Sirius the real battle can also be held in the lower-field. If Nekrons champion, is captured, and forgoes the ritual. It would instantly kill its abstract rendering the Black Corps obsolete.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2011 07:36 AM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Sirius77
I don't think that either one is the same. I think they both have different circumstances that would make a default victory un-obtainable for either side.

With this said, if the galactus engine and many angled ones are involved in this fight along with Lord Mar-Vell, I don't see why Black Hand or any other BL couldn't do exactly what thanos did. Because after all, Nekron is DC's embodiment of death, and the entire cancerverse was taken down by her last time. The only difference is that Nekron is seemingly higher up in the DC abstract hierarchy. Take that how you will.

I think that a strong argument could be made for either side, but seeing as this is life vs death, the invincible walking dead vs the immortal, I don't see why this wouldn't end up as a stalemate for the lesser forces on both sides.

The real battle will be Nekron vs The Many Angled ones and the Galactus Engine imo.

Don't FORGET Black Lantern Spectre!

Old Post Dec 28th, 2011 07:37 AM
guy222
With my gal

crispus is a joke stick out tongue

thank u bz

Old Post Dec 28th, 2011 07:45 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Is it because of the shoes? stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 28th, 2011 07:47 AM
Sirius77

Originally posted by "Id"
Well Sirius the real battle can also be held in the lower-field. If Nekrons champion, is captured, and forgoes the ritual. It would instantly kill its abstract rendering the Black Corps obsolete.

Yeah I see what you're saying, but when they did that to thanos, the exact opposite happened. In this thread, are we assuming that this is a full force of BL's (100% battery power)? Because if thats the case, then Nekron isn't just with then, he is them. So in that case, the reverse would also be true. Also, I don't think that nekron is able to die. On panel, he took his only weakness (white light) point blank, and all that it did was banish him. He also does very well against other abstracts as he took over the specter and casually bfred the Antimoniter with a gesture, and was actualy about to kill the WL entity (although there is context surrounding that lol).

Don't FORGET Black Lantern Spectre!

This is true. His power to bring back something that has been dead is pretty legit. I know I made an argument for the opposite, but it is a good question as to whether or not the temporary "deaths" of the cancerverse beings would count enough for nekron to control them.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2011 07:48 AM
Sirius77 is currently offline Click here to Send Sirius77 a Private Message Find more posts by Sirius77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Sirius77
Yeah I see what you're saying, but when they did that to thanos, the exact opposite happened. In this thread, are we assuming that this is a full force of BL's (100% battery power)? Because if thats the case, then Nekron isn't just with then, he is them. So in that case, the reverse would also be true. Also, I don't think that nekron is able to die. On panel, he took his only weakness (white light) point blank, and all that it did was banish him. He also does very well against other abstracts as he took over the specter and casually bfred the Antimoniter with a gesture, and was actualy about to kill the WL entity (although there is context surrounding that lol).

This is true. His power to bring back something that has been dead is pretty legit. I know I made an argument for the opposite, but it is a good question as to whether or not the temporary "deaths" of the cancerverse beings would count enough for nekron to control them.

Don't forget that Nekron is more than just the embodiment of Death. He is also living space. Sort of like Oblivion for Marvel.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2011 07:55 AM
SquallX

I don't see why the Black Lanterns can't take over the Cancer verse like the way the Spectre was taking over.

Spectre is a being beyond life and death, he is God's Wrath, yet the ring took him over like it was nothing.

Then again an argument can be made as to why the ring was useless against the Phantom Stranger.

Giving anyone int the Cancer verse a temporary death is still them dying, and once that happen they are susceptible to the power of Nekron.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2011 08:03 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Sirius77@ there is a whole lot being overlooked

Its not simply Death coming in, and destroying the Cancerverse. The ritual was essentially reversed, since Death claimed Mar-Vell (the champion of life) in the middle of the pact. If Nekron wants to do the same, than the necessary elements would need to partake.

I find that hard to beleive, if Nekron is going to have his hands tied with the Galactus Engine alone.

Than you also have to factor in that Black Lanters arn't the only ones with the option add its enemies on to their allies. The Cancerverse could convert its foes into cancer cretures through Necropsy.

You can bring up how easily Nekron disposed of the Anti-Monitor. Look at how the Galactus Engine was trucking its way through Galactus, Angled Ones, and the Celestials all at once....killing Aegis in the processes.

You bring up the Spectre being converted, well the Galactus Engine was formerly Galactus of that universe converted, and empowered by the Angled Ones.

I think this would make a good battle, its not as one-sided.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2011 08:33 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Call me crazy but I think Cancerverse OWNS the Black Lantern Corps. I don't even think they'd lose a single member against the Black Lanterns (Even when Death pwned them, they didn't die no? They were just comatose? Anyone got the scan?).

Like ID stated before, the GE was tearing through multiple Celestials, T/A, and Galactus. There's no way Nekron is standing up to that. No way.

EDIT :
Here's the scan :
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Gd8NBIma-...oreveralone.jpg
They weren't killed! Just crippled and it would take them eons to heal. Cancerverse got this.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2011 09:13 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote