KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Tomb Raider 2 (2021)

Tomb Raider 2 (2021)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Tomb Raider 2 (2021)

Oh, shit, I thought the 2018 reboot film was a bomb, but it apparently made some money and a sequel is in the works. This pleases me.

‘Tomb Raider’ Film Sequel Set For March 2021 Release

Tomb Raider 2

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 06:52 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^oh sweet!

I liked the first movie. big grin

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 06:54 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

I never understood why they deviated so much from lore. The lore of the first game was such easy pickings, yet they completely missed the mark by adding such useless twist to it.

The first movies wasn’t bad, but it’s also wasn’t good with such lore behind it.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 08:46 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this won't be pushed back until 2375

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 10:09 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^yikes!

Old Post Mar 29th, 2020 10:29 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

yea riv .. so make sure you're still around lololololololololol...

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 02:47 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote:
I never understood why they deviated so much from lore. The lore of the first game was such easy pickings, yet they completely missed the mark by adding such useless twist to it.

Yeah same....made the McGuffin more like the object from Uncharted 1.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 05:58 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Never got into Tomb Raider.

That being said, I’ll happily give this a watch as a reboot to the series with a fresh start.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 06:11 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, by video game standards, the 2018 film did pretty well against its budget. Because game-based films tend to have a rather dodgy track record.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 06:42 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah, They're sorta getting better compared to when they started.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 06:49 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Never got into Tomb Raider.

That being said, I’ll happily give this a watch as a reboot to the series with a fresh start.

I think you're confused. The reboot was in 2018. This one slated for 2021 will be the sequel to the reboot.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 04:58 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Color me surprised. No one seemed to like the first, and it didn’t make all that much money.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 06:33 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I think you're confused. The reboot was in 2018. This one slated for 2021 will be the sequel to the reboot.

Ah, then count me out. That one didn’t look interesting at all.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 06:50 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Tomb Raider deserves better.

Nothing against Alicia Vikander, but they do need better writers and bigger budget.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 07:30 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Nothing against Alicia Vikander, but they do need better writers and bigger budget.

And Raptors! Not Bada

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 07:51 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

exactly

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 09:22 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why is this Lara so flat chested? Didn't these people play the games?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2020 11:03 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Surtur
Why is this Lara so flat chested? Didn't these people play the games?

This is based on the Square Enix reboot of the original Tomb Raider. In this one, she doesn’t have giant ****, but the story is far more solid.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2020 01:39 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Reboot Lara can't hold a candle to the original.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 31st, 2020 01:45 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I was expecting her to be more like the one on the right after the first reboot game, Hasn't happen.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2020 02:24 AM