KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » RE: Obi Wan Kenobi

RE: Obi Wan Kenobi
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

RE: Obi Wan Kenobi

for Canon which Obi Wan is the most powerful and at his prime ie, Clone wars one or ROS , or rebels one ?

Old Post May 8th, 2020 05:59 AM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I'm going to say Clone Wars/ROTS era Kenobi was when he was in his prime. Rebels/ANH Kenobi didn't really do much to impress me. When he fought Maul he caught Maul off guard and his Vader fight he never had a chance to win.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post May 9th, 2020 02:10 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I'm going to say Clone Wars/ROTS era Kenobi was when he was in his prime. Rebels/ANH Kenobi didn't really do much to impress me. When he fought Maul he caught Maul off guard and his Vader fight he never had a chance to win.

The dude who says "kenobi caught maul off guard" also says "maul cannot defeat kenobi" and that kenobi has "grown beyond maul".

Kenobi is straight up better than Maul at that point.

Vader being so far above kenobi is a bit of a head scratcher tho I suppose it's possible Kenobi just got a lot worse between rebels and anh...

Old Post May 9th, 2020 08:43 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I hate it also but we have to go by the canon sources.

It's kind of like the Yoda/Sidious fight from Ep. III even though it shows Yoda on par with Sidious or slightly above the Visual Guides says Yoda was no match for the Sith Lord.

Kenobi on screen appears to humiliate Maul but according to canon sources he caught Maul off guard.

Old Post May 9th, 2020 10:43 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Kenobi on screen appears to humiliate Maul but according to canon sources he caught Maul off guard. [/B]

Sure, but those same canon sources say Kenobi>Maul, nonetheless. Kenobi doesn't neccesarily need to humiliate maul to beat him.

Old Post May 9th, 2020 12:43 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Yea I think Kenobi>Maul but I think the Visual Guide was implying that was how he was able to beat Maul so easily was because he caught him off guard.

Old Post May 9th, 2020 12:55 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Yea I think Kenobi>Maul but I think the Visual Guide was implying that was how he was able to beat Maul so easily was because he caught him off guard.

Oh yeah, sources have gone out of their way to say kenobi three-shotting maul shouldn't be taken literally.

Old Post May 9th, 2020 12:57 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

This has come up before.

My opinion is that RotS was Kenobi's prime in terms of combat prowess, but Rebels/ANH was his prime in terms of overall growth and spiritual enlightenment.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 9th, 2020 02:19 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ozz81

Originally posted by Galan007
This has come up before.

My opinion is that RotS was Kenobi's prime in terms of combat prowess, but Rebels/ANH was his prime in terms of overall growth and spiritual enlightenment.

Awesome that makes it clearer. Sorry changing the subject a bit here I was wasn’t to sure : obviously Kenobi seems better then Maul in the saber duel in rebels but who would have better and stronger force powers ? Maul seems to have more force powers and abilities ?

Old Post May 10th, 2020 12:25 AM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I personally think Rebels/ANH Kenobi > RotS Kenobi in the Force.

Old Post May 10th, 2020 12:41 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I don't see anything to suggest that.

Vader confirmed that his powers were weak.

Old Post May 10th, 2020 12:57 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I mean, compared to Vader he may have been "weak"... OR it could have been Vader throwing a little dun moch at Kenobi.

But as Leia confirmed, one's connection to the Force typically strengthens with age. That should have been especially true with Kenobi.

Old Post May 10th, 2020 01:04 PM
Darth Thor

I personally think Rebels/ANH Kenobi > RotS Kenobi in the Force.

I would think so as well.

His clarity of purpose likely had that effect.

Old Post May 10th, 2020 08:28 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

I mean, compared to Vader he may have been "weak"... OR it could have been Vader throwing a little dun moch at Kenobi.

But as Leia confirmed, one's connection to the Force typically strengthens with age. That should have been especially true with Kenobi.

True, but I'd imagine after the fall of the Jedi Order and the rise of the Empire the Jedi's ability to use the force would be more diminished.

The North Remembers

Old Post May 10th, 2020 09:59 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote