KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 3 Remake

Resident Evil 3 Remake
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Resident Evil 3 Remake

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/1...s-remake-rumor/

So apparently this is already in development. The must be pretty confident in RE2s performance next month.

PWNT

Old Post Dec 6th, 2018 09:58 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well....nostalgia is big business. I could go for some remakes/reboots of older games. That's the problem with early 3D games...unlike 2D games, they do not age well.

I would buy a remade RE4 in the same vain. I don't even know if I would change anything either...but RE4 with remade 4K textures and HDR would be a thing of beauty.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 12:00 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'm kinda surprised they're doing an RE3 one, from what I remember it wasn't terribly popular. A full blown remake of RE4, though, would sell like gangbusters.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 12:05 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

RE3 I think became more popular with time, even if it wasn't as popular initially, and the Nemesis, especially at this point is a beloved series/horror icon.

An RE4 remake would not be necessary in the same vein with how well it aged comparatively, especially with all the re-releases of it that Capcom spams every gen, but if they go for it, then whatever.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 12:35 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

True, I imagine a full blown RE4 remake would probably happen next gen to take advantage of additinal graphical prowess. Also I was a really big fan of the first person viewpoint of RE7 and would like some remakes to at least offer that as an option.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 12:44 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Why NOT remake RE3: Nemesis?!

This is very good news!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 01:28 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
True, I imagine a full blown RE4 remake would probably happen next gen to take advantage of additinal graphical prowess. Also I was a really big fan of the first person viewpoint of RE7 and would like some remakes to at least offer that as an option.

Yes, if RE4 was remade similar to how Resident Evil was remade on the GameCube...that would be ****ing awesome.

From a gameplay perspective, I don't see how they could improve it but with all the new lighting options and 4k textures, it would be a dream.

Are they going to make a new Resident Evil? I don't remember RE7 doing particularly well (or well enough for Capcom).

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 05:01 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Smasandian
Yes, if RE4 was remade similar to how Resident Evil was remade on the GameCube...that would be ****ing awesome.

From a gameplay perspective, I don't see how they could improve it but with all the new lighting options and 4k textures, it would be a dream.

Are they going to make a new Resident Evil? I don't remember RE7 doing particularly well (or well enough for Capcom).

If they fixed the movement controls alone, that would be enough for me.

==

I consider myself to be a pretty big RE3 fan, so yes please. A re3make is a day 1 purchase for me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 06:13 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Impediment
Why NOT remake RE3: Nemesis?!

This is very good news!
I agree. This is phenomenal news. I didn't like 3 as much as 1, 2, and 4, but it was still a great game and deserves a remake.

RE4 is my all time favorite game, so I'd love a remaster, but IMO Code Veronica needs it most

Also: https://www.pcgamesn.com/resident-e...sales-4-million

"Resident Evil 7 is now Capcom’s fifth best-selling game ever, with 5.1 million sold"

It's 2 million less than 5 and 6, but definitely enough of a success to warrant a follow up. Probably not as big of a success as the REmakes for 2 and 3 will be though.

PWNT

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 09:37 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Already pre-ordered the RE2make. Not sleeping on it like I did with RE7.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 01:36 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I just remember that Capcom was disappointed with RE7 sales. Similar to how Square Enix has been disappointed with Tomb Raider and Deus Ex sales.

Even though they sold millions.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 02:15 AM
CroftAlice

Originally posted by BackFire

With the same awful controls? Forget it

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 02:33 AM
CroftAlice is currently offline Click here to Send CroftAlice a Private Message Find more posts by CroftAlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

REmake was legitimately better than the original game, one of the best remakes of all time tbh. If REmake 2 follows suit, then I have no problem with a third.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2018 04:39 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Well....nostalgia is big business. I could go for some remakes/reboots of older games. That's the problem with early 3D games...unlike 2D games, they do not age well.

I would buy a remade RE4 in the same vain. I don't even know if I would change anything either...but RE4 with remade 4K textures and HDR would be a thing of beauty.

They say 4:3 and the vintage sd look are coming back. And everyones buying up retro hardware now.

And here I am, never having stopped playing a PS1. CDTM: Ahead of the curve.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2018 05:19 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Haha...its not coming back.

A few people who think they are professional gamers think it's actually better to play in 4:3 ration but it's just a placebo effect.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2018 11:05 PM
Arachnid1

https://twistedvoxel.com/rumor-resi...in-development/

Another source corroborated Dusk Golems RE3 leak.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 31st, 2019 08:03 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
RE3 I think became more popular with time, even if it wasn't as popular initially, and the Nemesis, especially at this point is a beloved series/horror icon.

An RE4 remake would not be necessary in the same vein with how well it aged comparatively, especially with all the re-releases of it that Capcom spams every gen, but if they go for it, then whatever.
I agree. An RE4 remake is completely un-needed.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 31st, 2019 08:08 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

With how big a success REmake 2 is being, an RE3 Remake is so definitely happening.

Come. Let us sing the song of my people in celebration.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 03:21 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Jmanghan
I agree. An RE4 remake is completely un-needed.

Yeah; outside of updating the controls to work more like the RE2 remake (which would be a definite improvement imo), I really don't see a point otherwise.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 02:49 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Now that's a proper ending shifty

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 08:48 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote