KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The G.O.P's war against the LGBTQ community.

The G.O.P's war against the LGBTQ community.
Started by: truejedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
truejedi

The G.O.P's war against the LGBTQ community.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ji...-biological-sex

This ******* introducing a bill that would force adoption agencies to place lgbtq kids in homes that admit they intend to raise the children according to their biological sex. This ****ing country sometimes...

Old Post Dec 7th, 2023 04:13 PM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Literally legalizing, even dictating child abuse.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2023 04:14 PM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gadabout

Is Lindsey Graham supporting this bill? Just asking....not trying to suggest anything-lol

Old Post Dec 7th, 2023 06:10 PM
Gadabout is currently offline Click here to Send Gadabout a Private Message Find more posts by Gadabout Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FalconPaunch!
Show me your moves

I don't think it's forcing anyone.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2023 06:46 PM
FalconPaunch! is currently offline Click here to Send FalconPaunch! a Private Message Find more posts by FalconPaunch! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Republicans have a long history of waging war against gay people and trans people, so zero surprise.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 7th, 2023 07:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FalconPaunch!
I don't think it's forcing anyone.

I believe it forces adoption agencies to allow adoptions to parents who have stated they intend to abuse the children, right?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2023 01:12 PM
FalconPaunch!
Show me your moves

Originally posted by truejedi
I believe it forces adoption agencies to allow adoptions to parents who have stated they intend to abuse the children, right?
If you think raising a child by their genetic birth gender is abuse then sure. If it's a case of deliberately denying the child's expression, then definitely.

The real problem is, I'm willing to bet there's going to be a lot of legal jargon to hide the fact or possibility of the second statement and base their argument on more adoptions = less tax payer money. Furthermore, I don't think it's abusive to raise a child based on how they were born.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2023 01:49 PM
FalconPaunch! is currently offline Click here to Send FalconPaunch! a Private Message Find more posts by FalconPaunch! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

LGBTQ kids raised in fundamental Christian backgrounds are absolutely abused. Told everything they are feeling is a sin, and punished for being who they are. The pray the gay away camps come to mind: but it's truly that, every single day of their existence whether they are at the camp or at home. Im imagining a scenario where one of these couples are adopting and the agency is forced to place a gay kid with them, knowing how they will be treated.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2023 01:09 PM
FalconPaunch!
Show me your moves

Originally posted by truejedi
LGBTQ kids raised in fundamental Christian backgrounds are absolutely abused. Told everything they are feeling is a sin, and punished for being who they are. The pray the gay away camps come to mind: but it's truly that, every single day of their existence whether they are at the camp or at home. Im imagining a scenario where one of these couples are adopting and the agency is forced to place a gay kid with them, knowing how they will be treated.
I'm sure it's the adopted parents who decide. Not sure if fundamentalist Christians would want a gay child anyway. As for the child, children can't consent. laughing out loud

Seriously though, fundamentalist Christians raising an LGBTQZ+ child by feeding them self hating dogma is emotional abuse.

On another note, I thought Republicans believed in separation of Church and state?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2023 06:40 PM