KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Spider-Man VS Deathstroke

Spider-Man VS Deathstroke
Started by: Quick Freeze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

Spider-Man VS Deathstroke

i think spidey

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 01:59 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree.

Spider-Man has beaten tougher opponents. And
I don't think Deathstroke has super-strenght or
any such powers, just very good fighting skills.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 02:27 AM
King Burger is currently offline Click here to Send King Burger a Private Message Find more posts by King Burger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

deathstroke. "just good fighting skills" yeah I guess anybody can pick apart prime members of the JLA. pffft

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 02:33 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinzin
deathstroke. "just good fighting skills" yeah I guess anybody can pick apart prime members of the JLA. pffft

That's why I wrote "I don't think...", because I
am not too familiar with the character. And from
what I have seen, he doesn't have super-powers.

he's super-smart, and an excellent fighter, but
how can he beat Spider-Man in a one-on-one
fight.

If I'm wrong, then enlighten Professor jinzin?

Last edited by King Burger on Mar 17th, 2005 at 03:01 AM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 02:54 AM
King Burger is currently offline Click here to Send King Burger a Private Message Find more posts by King Burger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BootlegBoys420

We Be Bootleg!!
Deathstroke is an Assasin skilled in all Martial Arts and has the Ability to use 90% of his mind from what I can tell.. But in the end Spidey will prove victorios his ability to improvise is only matched with his spider like agility and strengh...
We Run These Streets!!!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 03:06 AM
BootlegBoys420 is currently offline Click here to Send BootlegBoys420 a Private Message Find more posts by BootlegBoys420 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

BootlegBoys240, wouldn't it just be easier to have "We Be
Bootleg!!" as your signature, rather than having to type
it down in every post?

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 03:09 AM
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Re: Spider-Man VS Deathstroke

Originally posted by Quick Freeze
i think spidey

Let me put it this way.
The only way SPidey would know what killed him would be the incessant buzzing of his spidey sense going off as the entire block he is in detonates!
Deathstroke is Batman on steroids ....plus implants.
He would not only outthink spidey, but would also outmaneuvre him and simply run him to the ground.
You need more than physical abilities to take out Deathstroke.
Deathstroke (like Batman, Doom, TaskMaster and Black Panther), can only be defeated by an opponent with:
1) Strength levels that are just beyond comprehension. And I'm an not talking about SPidey's Class 10 strength but more along the lines of the Hulk's and Thor's Class 100.
2) Intellect and strategic-planning adeptness higher than theirs. I.e to defeat Doom it would really help if you could outthink Doom.

Spiderman loses.
His strength levels (10 tons) are high, but not out of the league of someone who has faced JLA-leagers (even Aquaman is 6 times stronger than Spidey with his 60ton lifting ability).
And Deathstroke is a strategic genius (Peter Parker is good with a test tube and micro-pipette, genius even, but he is not a strategic/tactical combat genius by any measure ...certainly not even close to Deathstroke levels by a longshot).

Deathstroke would do what the Sinister Six was unable to (due to their incompetence). He would finish Spiderman, and i would even go as far as saying that he would find it far easier to finish Spidey than he would find finishing the Batman!

Last edited by spetznaz on Mar 17th, 2005 at 03:55 AM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 03:44 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

DeathStroke is like The Punisher times 10.
if The punisher was able to tag spidey, DS can seriously whore mangle the guy.
Have you ever been Whore-Mangled??
yea, doesnt feel good does it?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 03:57 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Originally posted by long pig
DeathStroke is like The Punisher times 10.
if The punisher was able to tag spidey, DS can seriously whore mangle the guy.
Have you ever been Whore-Mangled??
yea, doesnt feel good does it?

100% true.
People must really not know who Deathstroke is. Slade would literally destroy Spiderman.

And I would say Deathstroke is more than 10 times the Punisher. I'd place him at 20.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 04:02 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

How strong is Deathstroke?

Why would only take someone with class 100 strength to
beat him?

And without any "prep" time, if they just "bumped" into
each other, how can Deathstroke beat Spider-man?

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 04:18 AM
Darth Vegas
Sin City Sith Lord

Spider-Man.

Sig by ThePittman

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 04:54 AM
Darth Vegas is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vegas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

20 times is alot. But i get what you're saying.
King, because due to his supreme fighting ability and tactical mind most people any less than class 40 or so he could simply beat to death.
like the other guy said, just consider DS as Batman on steroids.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 04:56 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

no prep time! the classic first meeting between 2 hot heads scenerio! obviously if prep was involved ds would win. although ds is super enhanced and all, i think that spidey's sence and strength puts him a little ahead, i still think its really close though. with ds's weapons, and speed, and strength and fighting skills and all

Last edited by Quick Freeze on Mar 17th, 2005 at 05:03 AM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 05:00 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you look at it this way it's quite simple to see the victor.
1. Strength goes to spidey
2. intelligence goes to DS
3. Fighting ability goes to DS
4. Weaponry long/short goes to DS
5. Experience goes to DS
6. 6th sense is pretty much even both have a sort of "spidey sense" DS see the immediate future, spidey is warned of the imm. future
7. agility goes to spidey....BUT only slightly
And since there is no prep time i cant finish the rest.
DS edges spidey out in the MOST important parts of fighting which are: Intelligence EXP. and Ability...plus his crazy ammount of small/large arms he carries wont hurt either.
This obviously ends with a whore mangling. obvious whore mangling

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 05:27 AM
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

ds can see into the imediate future??? this guys dope!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 05:41 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kinda like Maverick of Weapon X.
It would suck fighting someone who just saw in his head what you're gonna do next.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 06:07 AM
BootlegBoys420

GOOD POINT. But why are you sleeping on Spidey intellegence.He has shocked Reed Richard plenty of times.And Spidey has taken out class 100 stengh before look it up.Peter will surprise you sometimes.

WE BE BOOTLEG!!!!!DS is great though. huh wacko smart mad

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 06:36 AM
BootlegBoys420 is currently offline Click here to Send BootlegBoys420 a Private Message Find more posts by BootlegBoys420 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spiderman is very smart...but not as smart as DS.
I still think they need to re-do DS' lil 90% deal, they say this because its a widely spread myth that people only use 10% of their brain when in fact , most of us use at least 90%.
If he used 100% of his brain...thatd be different.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 07:01 AM
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Originally posted by BootlegBoys420
GOOD POINT. But why are you sleeping on Spidey intellegence.He has shocked Reed Richard plenty of times.And Spidey has taken out class 100 stengh before look it up.Peter will surprise you sometimes.

WE BE BOOTLEG!!!!!DS is great though. huh wacko smart mad

Spiderman is smart. Not doubt about that. But there are different types of smart.

For example.

Let's say Spiderman is a genius in science (during several times, depending on his writer, Spiderman has been depicted as a scientific genius while on other times merely just a smart dude in science). Anyways, imagine SPiderman as a Mensa-type scientific genius who is able to win a Nobel prize.
Ok?
Now, imagine Deathstroke as having the combat intelligence of the best military planners plus the tactical combat abilities of the best SAS/SEALs/GIGN/Spetsnaz special forces soldiers, to a level of being a genius in combat.

Now, they are both vastly intelligent. But Spiderman will always win when it comes to chemistry projects, and Deathstroke will always win when it comes to battle situations.

Same thing here.
Deathstroke is simply beyond anything Spiderman can come up with.

Whcih is why i said that Deathstroke would find it far harder to take out Batman, than he would to take out Spiderman. Actually i can honestly say that Deathstroke might even fail to finish the Batman, and that he would find it easy to take out Spiderman.

There are many forms of intelligence. Spiderman has one type, and Deathstroke another.

p.s: This is what makes Dr Doom and Batman particularly dangerous. They are geniuses in multiple forms of intelligence.

p.p.s: In the real world this also occurs. For example take your typical nerd. He/She is normally good with one type of intelligence (eg book knowledge, math skills, comic boon trivia) but is totally inept when it comes to other forms of intelligence (eg social skills, financial skills, common sense). This is why it is always important to be well rounded. Having just one focal point of strength can be a really great weakness.
But many people do not get this and just focus on one type of intelligence. And that is a serious hamper. Take myself, it is my personal philosophy (going back almost a decade) to be good at everything. Meaning that in academics (when i was in school) i had to be tops, when it came to sports i had to be tops, and when it came to social life i had to be in the center. That is the only way to be healthy, but most people only focus on one. Take comics for example. They are a perfect way to let off steam and just enjoy (and comics are a form of dynamic literature). But they become unhealthy when a person's life is only comics.

Anyways, there are many types of intelligence. And the more you have the better you are.

Deathstroke wins Spiderman.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 08:08 AM
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Originally posted by long pig
Spiderman is very smart...but not as smart as DS.
I still think they need to re-do DS' lil 90% deal, they say this because its a widely spread myth that people only use 10% of their brain when in fact , most of us use at least 90%.
If he used 100% of his brain...thatd be different.

I think they mean conscious control.
Everyone can use most of their brain, but the vast majority of these functions are unconscious/subconscious.
Eg breathing while you sleep, endocrine functions, heart beats, hair growth etc!
Imagine if you could control 90% of those functions.
It would be stupid to, but i guess the angle here is to show that Deathstroke is in total control of his body.

For example let's say we are fighting and i punch your neck! You would immediately go down to the floor gagging and in terrible pain, unable to move. Or let's say i broke your arm! The pain alone would just shut your body down. Even if you wanted to continue fighting. Your body would just shut down, and you couldn;t stop that.
But Deathstroke could.
He could continue fighting with a broken arm, or a crushed larynx (for as long as he had some oxygen left in his blood), or in a room filled with teargas.
He could just shut down body's reflex to crumple in pain, gag, or just collapse.

At least that is what i think they meant by that. Who knows!?

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 08:13 AM