KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Stargirl on the CW

Stargirl on the CW
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Stargirl on the CW

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I hope Stargirl's pilot tonight is decent (is there even a thread here for that show?). Like what I saw from her fighting Sportsmaster and the members of the Injustice Society, so could shape up to be a good series.

Originally posted by Surtur
Didn't even know there was a Stargirl show...or if I heard about it I forgot about it

Originally posted by Surtur
U say tonight but wiki says Stargirl premiered on the 18th

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Think they were a day off, because I only saw the usual stuff with Supergirl last night, and my TV schedule says it starts tonight, so...

However it turns out though, at least it won't be the Batwoman pilot.

It streams on Mondays and plays on the CW on Teusdays, so I’ll be watching it tonight.

Old Post May 20th, 2020 12:28 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Ah.

The pilot of this was okay. Actually a breath of fresh air after the remainder of the recent Flash season. Seemed like they just kinda burned out with Barry after Crisis.

Old Post May 20th, 2020 02:09 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

They REALLY burned out on Supergirl, too. Batwoman hung steady at fairly interesting, I don’t even know (or care) what happened to Black Lightning, and Legends remained good.
Still, w. those shows done for now, Stargirl has a better than average shot at building an audience.

Old Post May 20th, 2020 02:28 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Just watched the pilot. Was all right.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 27th, 2020 03:35 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by -Pr-
Just watched the pilot. Was all right.

For a pilot, I liked it.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 27th, 2020 01:27 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Great first episode

Old Post May 28th, 2020 02:17 AM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by cdtm
For a pilot, I liked it.

Yeah, the pilot was pretty fun.
Luke Wilson’s Stripsey was pretty likable, And the Stargirl effects were neat. It’s not easy to act opposite a stick.

Old Post May 28th, 2020 09:03 AM
riv6672

Watched ep. 2 earlier.
Again, pretty good. It’s throwing in some nice Easter eggs, and some comedic bits to balance out the drama/darker bits.

Brainwave came off as nice and creepy here, which was nice. The training montage was fun, and the big fight of the week was well done w. a kick ass finish.
I also appreciated Courtney being freaked out by her first battle(s), and not instantly adjusting to the craziness and danger.

Old Post May 29th, 2020 12:33 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote:
big fight of the week was well done w. a kick ass finish.

Loved that closing line.

"I killed one starman, I can kill another"

Old Post May 29th, 2020 10:46 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^oh, You know, nasty little fellows such as him always get their comeuppance.

Old Post May 29th, 2020 11:13 PM
Darth Thor

This take place in the Arrowverse?

Old Post May 30th, 2020 03:40 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pretty sure it's the titans/doom patrol verse. It's very good!

Old Post May 30th, 2020 03:55 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Geoff John's is writing.

Old Post May 30th, 2020 05:43 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Sounds perfect for him, given his, shall we say, creative retooling on comic titles. TV adaptations are inherently different from their comic sources, so Johns can be as creative as he likes without retconning established lore.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 30th, 2020 05:48 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!

It was established in Arrowverse's crisis that its on its own earth in the arrowverse multiverse. It was one of yhe rarths we saw after they rebooted the universe at the dawn of time.

We also saw titans earth, DP earth, Swamp Thing Earth, a Ruth Superman earth (where it reboots to not be post kingdom come) and a green Lantern earth for the new upcomimg HBO series.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2020 01:42 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Sounds perfect for him, given his, shall we say, creative retooling on comic titles. TV adaptations are inherently different from their comic sources, so Johns can be as creative as he likes without retconning established lore.

Given that he crested Stargirl, and based her character on his late sister and that SG is to Johns what Catman is to Gail Simone (that is his fan wank character) i very much doubt he'll change much at all

Old Post Jun 1st, 2020 01:45 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Huh, I'm of the opposite opinion: I think his comics are great but his work outside of it has been hit and miss.

So far, though, I'm liking this. Even if it feels really slow.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 1st, 2020 04:16 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

the show could be better. the acting is very stale. Way too predictable the first couple shows have been. the cgi is just about right. the inevitable crossovers will happen prolly so.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 1st, 2020 06:29 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^thats pretty high praise.
You aren’t even wishing anyone dead. Yet. stick out tongue

Originally posted by beatboks
Given that he crested Stargirl, and based her character on his late sister and that SG is to Johns what Catman is to Gail Simone (that is his fan wank character) i very much doubt he'll change much at all

^^^This Easter egg in the pilot was pretty personal...:
https://www.cbr.com/stargirl-emotio...r /> 9MRXd3RGE.

———————————-

After two eps, I’ve got to say, the Stargirl/STRIPE costume/robot are two of the best, most faithful comic to screen (big or small) adaptations I’ve ever seen. They look great!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2020 09:11 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by beatboks
It was established in Arrowverse's crisis that its on its own earth in the arrowverse multiverse. It was one of yhe rarths we saw after they rebooted the universe at the dawn of time.

We also saw titans earth, DP earth, Swamp Thing Earth, a Ruth Superman earth (where it reboots to not be post kingdom come) and a green Lantern earth for the new upcomimg HBO series.
wouldn't know arrowverse is horrible.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2020 03:45 PM