KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Aliens: Fireteam

Aliens: Fireteam
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Aliens: Fireteam

Set decades after the first movie, you & friends must survive alien waves in a class based third person cooperative shooter coming out this summer.

Better be real gameplay footage this time 'cause this looks good.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 2nd, 2021 at 04:08 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 03:59 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Oh yeah, let me throw money at this.

Not like I can't just coop Alien Swarm Reactive Drop for free.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 04:07 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm less enthused. I want a sequel to Alien: Isolation, which was ****ing amazing.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 06:10 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I'm less enthused. I want a sequel to Alien: Isolation, which was ****ing amazing.
Same. I don't care about horde mode trash, or whatever tis is. AI was the best horror game I've had since OG Silent Hill. No sequel is criminal.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 07:30 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Re: Aliens: Fireteam

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Set decades after the first movie, you & friends must survive alien waves in a class based third person cooperative shooter coming out this summer.

Better be real gameplay footage this time 'cause this looks good.
Do not get your hopes up.

Majority of in-game footage from Colonial Marines was great-looking, and it turned out to be shit. Don't set your expectations too high.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 07:33 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Same. I don't care about horde mode trash, or whatever tis is. AI was the best horror game I've had since OG Silent Hill. No sequel is criminal.

Yeah, I would agree.

I recently replayed the game and its still amazing. They knocked that game out of the ****ing park...in fact, I think I appreciated the game even more because the Alien AI is by far the best in a game...it's incredible.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 08:12 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Do not get your hopes up.

Majority of in-game footage from Colonial Marines was great-looking, and it turned out to be shit. Don't set your expectations too high.

Dude, I was here ranting about Colonial Marines too in the past so chill.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 2nd, 2021 at 08:43 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 08:31 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Also...different developer, different game....just because it uses the Alien franchise that people assume its going to be that dumpster fire.

Aside from the fact, the majority of Alien games are OK. You have

Alien Isolation (fantastic)
Alien VS Predator (good when it was released)
Alien VS Predator 2 (amazing game from Monolith...and forgotten)
Alien VS Predator remake (less great but not terrible)

And then you have Alien Colonial Marines......(I know I missed a few probably)

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2021 09:07 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Colonial Marines is pretty good on PC you can at least make it playable with a Mod

as for this game When i watching the trailer, Thought it was gonna be like Left 4 Dead but with Xenomorph. but after reading the description it's like CoD zombies.

Last edited by Kazenji on Mar 3rd, 2021 at 12:55 AM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 12:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I've no interest in Alien Isolation type games (i recognise that it's a good game, it's just not for me), but any game where I get to be a Colonial Marine and shoot xenomorphs that isn't a dumpster fire is something I'd definitely check out.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 05:02 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Same but I'm fine with either an Alien survival horror or an action shooter.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 11:08 AM
cdtm

Also...different developer, different game....just because it uses the Alien franchise that people assume its going to be that dumpster fire.

Aside from the fact, the majority of Alien games are OK. You have

Alien Isolation (fantastic)
Alien VS Predator (good when it was released)
Alien VS Predator 2 (amazing game from Monolith...and forgotten)
Alien VS Predator remake (less great but not terrible)

And then you have Alien Colonial Marines......(I know I missed a few probably)

Alien Isolation is good?

Left it alone on Epic Games Store because thought I heard something about Alien games being bad.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 02:11 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well... I think it's amazing. It's done by Creative Assembly.

The Alien AI is fantastic, it can be legit scary because it's not scripted. And it nails the Alien vibe from the the original Alien movie. The design is impeccable and was able to recreate the feeling of the original movie. Which is a tall order because most Alien games rehash the sequel.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 02:25 PM
Jmanghan

Alien Isolation is fantastic.

It's not that Alien Games are bad... It's just that the last time we had an Alien FPS game, it quickly became hailed as one of the worst games of all time.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 05:49 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Alien Isolation is fantastic.

It's not that Alien Games are bad... It's just that the last time we had an Alien FPS game, it quickly became hailed as one of the worst games of all time.

Only 'cause Randy dumped everything on the least resourceful partner team, took Gearbox's priorities elsewhere and left publishers in the dark. One A-hole ruining an Alien shooter shouldn't bar anymore from being made.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 06:24 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

And one bad doesn't taint other games made from the IP.

Alien vs Predator 2 is amazing.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 07:57 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by cdtm
Alien Isolation is good?

Left it alone on Epic Games Store because thought I heard something about Alien games being bad.
It's the best survival horror game we had all gen. Yes, over the RE games. Amazing experience

PWNT

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 08:17 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Alien vs Predator 2 is amazing.

That one is ****en great, How that is not on any digital stores for more people to enjoy baffles me.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2021 01:13 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Starting Alien Isolation.

They certainly captured the look and feel of the film. Basic calculator in and crt screens in the far future. smile

Old Post Mar 4th, 2021 01:41 AM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by cdtm
Starting Alien Isolation.

Enjoy. I legit envy you experiencing that gem for the first time

PWNT

Old Post Mar 4th, 2021 02:42 AM