KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom
Started by: tkitna

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tkitna

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom

By Stoic

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2023 12:01 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I can't say I'm exactly surprised.

Aquaman has always reeked of failure. Not just because of the "Superfriends" cartoon or Robot Chicken.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2023 12:34 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

The first movie was alright though.

By Stoic

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2023 04:33 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

The reviews called, Aquaman a flop

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2023 12:45 PM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Yeah this film was just like there I guess lol.

Flash was the only decent one this year for me.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2023 05:11 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Aquaman has always reeked of failure. Not just because of the "Superfriends" cartoon or Robot Chicken.

^^^Cuz he smells like fish, ha! laughing

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2023 05:53 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Cuz he smells like fish, ha! laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO9Ugw8mues

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2023 06:27 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yer juSt a Ahkwuhmann haTer!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2023 01:15 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2023 06:33 AM
Darth Thor

Well I don't think anyone was expecting a masterpiece.

But at least let's celebrate the end of the DCEU.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2023 01:03 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Imagine being so incompetent as writers and film makers that you make people hate the thought of watching Batman and Superman movies.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2023 03:34 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Imagine being so incompetent as writers and film makers that you make people hate the thought of watching Batman and Superman movies.

My mom's name is Martha, too, dogg!

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2023 10:19 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by playa1258
Yeah this film was just like there I guess lol.

Flash was the only decent one this year for me.

I enjoyed Flash (particularly because of Keaton Batman who stole it), but this movie was SOOOOOO much better. My son and I both thought it was better than the first one. I'd happily go see this in theatres again while it's out.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2023 11:08 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Whoa! Who are you??

(Sorry, I get excited for a "new" person, because most people have been banned over the last few years)

Old Post Dec 26th, 2023 01:24 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Like who? You already got called out on it several times, Leechie. Do we really need to do it again? Mods are more lenient than they've ever been.

And Boks is not new, he is the old man who is banging kangaroos and feels proud of it stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 26th, 2023 03:37 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Like who? You already got called out on it several times, Leechie. Do we really need to do it again? Mods are more lenient than they've ever been.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... banned, disenchanted, whatever. The point is no one is here anymore. And just like before I never was involved in the shenanigans that got certain people banned. (It would be nice if someone would compile an archive documenting the 'behavior' that lead to their demise.)

And Boks is not new, he is the old man who is banging kangaroos and feels proud of it stick out tongue

That's why I put "new" in quotations.

And I do not condone sexual interplay with kangaroos... even if one lives in the outskirts of the Outback and has no other options.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2023 07:44 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

It wasn't as good as the first one, but it did have the same grand adventure flick feel. Did have quite a few bad scenes sprinkled throughout.

It was better than some Marvel Phase 4 films.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 26th, 2023 08:10 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, yeah, yeah... banned, disenchanted, whatever. The point is no one is here anymore. And just like before I never was involved in the shenanigans that got certain people banned. (It would be nice if someone would compile an archive documenting the 'behavior' that lead to their demise.)

You can view the ban notes by going to user's profile, you know.

You're cutting off the blood flow to your brain by wearing that ill-fitting suit, not to mention trying to strangle yourself with that tie laughing out loud

Originally posted by Patient_Leech

That's why I put "new" in quotations.

And I do not condone sexual interplay with kangaroos... even if one lives in the outskirts of the Outback and has no other options.

It's all fully consensual.

Originally posted by beatboks
dude, have you SEEN how well a Kangaroo can jump???
Of course your going to let one jump your bones big grin

Old Post Dec 27th, 2023 01:11 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Robtard
It wasn't as good as the first one, but it did have the same grand adventure flick feel. Did have quite a few bad scenes sprinkled throughout.

It was better than some Marvel Phase 4 films.

It tried way to hard with the jokes and a few missed. Add to that with Arthur a dad the number of dad jokes you could see coming a mile away combined with the obvious lines to follow was quirky. But I absolutely loved the action.

Things like Arthur at Atlantean court falling asleep while someone was talking and Mera waking him up just to have him applaud like a fool were totally unesecarry. The laugh didn't come off and I thought they established Arthur's total disinterest in being king by his conversation with Orm. But then gags like "a king builds bridges" that was stupid enough to be fun.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2023 02:15 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by beatboks
It tried way to hard with the jokes and a few missed. Add to that with Arthur a dad the number of dad jokes you could see coming a mile away combined with the obvious lines to follow was quirky. But I absolutely loved the action.

Things like Arthur at Atlantean court falling asleep while someone was talking and Mera waking him up just to have him applaud like a fool were totally unesecarry. The laugh didn't come off and I thought they established Arthur's total disinterest in being king by his conversation with Orm. But then gags like "a king builds bridges" that was stupid enough to be fun.
I found the humor to be hit and miss. Probably more misses than hits if I was keeping a close tally. I didn't care for most of the father and baby related humor either.

Majority of the action was good, CGI was good. Crazy how we still have to keep track of CGI these days, but new movies put out shit CGI at times and not even small studio films.

I do wonder if having to cut down Mera to minutes of screen time and revamp portions of the film around that, is what brought the story/fun quality down.

They probably should have just kept her parts in and said "she's fired and will be replaced in future films".

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Dec 28th, 2023 at 07:15 PM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2023 07:11 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote