KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Fable (Reboot?)

Fable (Reboot?)
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Fable (Reboot?)

The rumor mill can end, our 4th Fable game is finally confirmed.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2020 10:07 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's interesting to see Playground Games making this. They also make Forza Horizons....It's been in production since 2017 (Playground Studios opened a second office around that time)....so maybe 2021?

I never played the originals though....

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2020 10:11 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I never played the originals though....

If ya ever do, I recommend the first two Fables.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2020 10:30 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

thumb up

I'm curious to see how this'll turn out. The fairy in the cinematic doesn't really fit with my mental image of the Fable aesthetic.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2020 11:13 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I still need to play the original, which is apparently a great game but also the only good one.

Fable 3 sucked ass.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2020 11:15 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I loved fable 1 and 2. If u play 1 make sure you get the lost chapters version

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2020 11:24 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Jmanghan
I still need to play the original, which is apparently a great game but also the only good one.

Fable 3 sucked ass.

I think Fable 2 has its place. One step forwards, two steps backwards from the original, more or less. Fable 3 took another step backwards and fell off a cliff.

If someone said they preferred Fable 2 to the original, I'd accept it as a reasonable position.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Jul 23rd, 2020 at 11:31 PM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2020 11:27 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Surtur
I loved fable 1 and 2. If u play 1 make sure you get the lost chapters version

Just get the 2014 anniversary edition.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2020 11:29 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Or that yeah.

The main issue with the first game is it made tons of promises it didn't deliver on. Yet it was still a great game, but people at the time judged it less on overall quality and more on how much it lived up to promises made during development.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2020 11:52 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

3/10 game, no acorns reee

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 12:02 AM
Arachnid1

This was one of the better reveals from the conference. Lets hope it lives up and evolves the series.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 02:49 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I liked the games. Yes, even 3; regardless if it is the worst. Looking forward to this.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 03:41 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/f...itter-reaction/

I remember when Volition said they wanted Saints Row to go in a more "modern direction" with their reboot. Something something about managers and post-capitalist societies later, you either died of tear induced boredom or cringe.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2022 04:39 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

What about all the games that have gone to a modern direction and thrived.
Resident Evil is a prime example of this.

But I guess we all want to stay in the past and play the same game.... or do we? It's confusing every week. 1 week its keep games in the past...the next week its "oh they are just rehashing the same game"

Playground games has made some excellent open world racers...they seem talented so lets see what the game is actually aside from committing suicide a the near mention of a single word.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2022 06:10 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

That's gameplay you're talking about which is fine. The issue is 50/50 having Starbucks lounging hipsters as your dev team. Fable, like Saints Row, is open world satire the irl world of today finds their older games "too offensive". I hope Playground does actually take inspiration from the original Fables and try to improve on what that is and not something to forcefully shove down throats.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2022 11:11 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Nemesis X
That's gameplay you're talking about which is fine. The issue is 50/50 having Starbucks lounging hipsters as your dev team. Fable, like Saints Row, is open world satire the irl world of today finds their older games "too offensive".

That's today world for ya, With its ****en cancel culture nonsense

probably why Gearbox has the Duke Nukem ip locked up in its dungeon and won't make a new game because it'll offend today's society in some way.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2022 03:20 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

"Today's society" twitter you mean. Studios still can't tell the toxics harassing them on there aren't the total population of Earth yet.

In any case, gameplay standards better be what they meant. The Fable brand's been in a dormant state to the point of obscurity. Should Playground try doing what Volition recently did, we're not gonna see another new one for a long time if at all.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2022 06:29 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

That society of today is pretty much with all social media now. Wouldnt pin it only on Twitter.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2022 07:30 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think current elections have disproven that quite a bit. Social media was all about the red wave and other things, and it was completely wrong.

It happened with Bernie Sanders, Trump win in 2016 and etc. Hell, a local race was "decided" before the election occurred but was completely wrong.

Social media creates silos, massive silos of groups and you know whats worst....people cancelling people ...and people bitching about cancel culture as well. It's the same ****ing thing.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2022 02:43 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Nemesis X
That's gameplay you're talking about which is fine. The issue is 50/50 having Starbucks lounging hipsters as your dev team. Fable, like Saints Row, is open world satire the irl world of today finds their older games "too offensive". I hope Playground does actually take inspiration from the original Fables and try to improve on what that is and not something to forcefully shove down throats.
Dear lord you're a stupid retard (though granted you've always been one).

There is literally nothing offensive or even especially edgy about the first Fable that anyone, Twitter SJW or elsewise, would find objectionable.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2022 04:21 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote