KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Super Mario Maker 2

Super Mario Maker 2
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Super Mario Maker 2

I AM SO ****ING EXCITED MAN!!!!!!!

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 14th, 2019 07:07 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

This is my favorite non-pokemon series, so I'm really hyped to have it in my hands and waste time on this hard

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 14th, 2019 08:05 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
This is my favorite non-pokemon series, so I'm really hyped to have it in my hands and waste time on this hard
Yeah, me too. People kept complaining about the slopes and... low-and-behold. There they are, in the first 10 seconds of the trailer.

So many new things and when it's released it's going to have even MORE. Super hype.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2019 08:19 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Yep, showing the slopes immediately was aimed to the fans of the first game big grin

Man, I hope they do right by this game and give it proper online functionality. It'd be cool if they made a "Super Mario Player" that allowed you to connect to your friends levels and play them even if you don't own the SMM2 software (or play a couple of random ones daily). That'd be heaven sent to give the game visibility

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 14th, 2019 08:35 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Bentley
Yep, showing the slopes immediately was aimed to the fans of the first game big grin

Man, I hope they do right by this game and give it proper online functionality. It'd be cool if they made a "Super Mario Player" that allowed you to connect to your friends levels and play them even if you don't own the SMM2 software (or play a couple of random ones daily). That'd be heaven sent to give the game visibility
Maybe we'll have multiplayer like in the New Super Mario Bros. game?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2019 07:02 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Probably not.

It's probably going to be a bigger version of the first.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2019 05:09 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Smasandian
Probably not.

It's probably going to be a bigger version of the first.
There were tons of new mechanics, multiplayer is just another "mechanic" of a video game like any other.

Aside from the new stuff that you can create with, there's also new mechanics added to the game outright that can change the way you play.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2019 11:46 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

What new mechanics?

It's Mario and it's a Mario builder. I'm assuming they are just adding the missing Mario mechanics that were not present in the first game. I don't think they are going to fundamentally change the gameplay of Mario for it's builder. That wouldn't make much sense.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 02:32 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

What new mechanics?

It's Mario and it's a Mario builder. I'm assuming they are just adding the missing Mario mechanics that were not present in the first game. I don't think they are going to fundamentally change the gameplay of Mario for it's builder. That wouldn't make much sense.
They already have, as shown in the video.

Mario Maker was one of the biggest mario releases ever, and people critiqued the hell out of it.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 04:17 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

So how are they fundamentally changing the gameplay mechanics?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 07:01 PM
Jmanghan

So how are they fundamentally changing the gameplay mechanics?
For one, using the cat suit, I saw a bit of climbing, the clear pipes providing on-screen travel, etc.

Hitting blocks to create new forms of travel besides the beanstalks. Also, there's too many hints of multiplayer to ignore it.

Toad, Mario, Luigi appear in one screenshot, plus 3D World elements.

If you can't notice any BRAND NEW things in the video, I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited by Jmanghan on Feb 18th, 2019 at 12:04 AM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2019 12:01 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

This isn't new. It's just elements from different Mario games.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2019 12:31 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

How is this different from other franchises that release pretty much the same game just with new updated pretty graphics.
New GTA, with better graphics, pretty much the same game as before.
New Call of Duty, same thing, etc, etc.
Plus this is a build your own world/levels type of game.

Last edited by Inhuman on Feb 18th, 2019 at 01:59 AM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2019 01:56 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Doing it in a 2D environment makes it new smile

Old Post Feb 18th, 2019 02:10 AM
Jmanghan

Old Post Jun 11th, 2019 09:43 PM
Jmanghan

I'm sorry, WHAT?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2019 11:59 PM
cdtm

Mario Maker, A.K.A. "The try and upload an impossible level to win" game.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 12:23 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I bought this and rarely played it. It doesn't have the same draw as the first.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 03:44 AM
Jmanghan

I bought this and rarely played it. It doesn't have the same draw as the first.
Because of the lacking amiibo costumes and codes?

Because the game is pretty much superior in every absolute way you can think of.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 01:18 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Nothing really.

There was something special about Super Mario Maker and how well it turned. The second game is superior with all the added options but it's not exciting anymore.

It's just Super Mario Maker with added stuff. That's isn't a bad thing and I know there is some games I enjoy that fall in that category but I just didn't really care.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 11:31 PM