KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

Take to the skies and discover the origins of Hyrule In The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD, reborn on #NintendoSwitch​! Draw your sword in this high-flying adventure with Joy-Con controllers or the newly added button-only controls.

Available July 16. Pre-order today! https://www.nintendo.com/games/deta...word-hd-switch/

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 17th, 2021 11:31 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The absolute worst mainline Zelda game. Disappointing.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2021 11:38 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
The absolute worst mainline Zelda game. Disappointing.
Yeah I wouldn't have minded as much if it was like Super Mario 3D All-Stars where it's 3-4 extra games.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 12:22 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I hated this game with a passion. I couldn't even get past the first dungeon.

It is the worst Zelda game...but I would argue one of the worst that year (compared to similar games made by legit developers).

It wasn't just the annoying Wii controls...but the game treated you like a ****ing idiot. Every single time I had to do something...that stupid helper kept on talking to me.....like..."hi..you need to pick up 5 fruit nuts...."..."oh you picked 1 out 5 fruit nuts....".

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 12:51 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Nintendo continues its downward spiral into mediocrity.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 01:08 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Smasandian
I hated this game with a passion. I couldn't even get past the first dungeon.

It is the worst Zelda game...but I would argue one of the worst that year (compared to similar games made by legit developers).

It wasn't just the annoying Wii controls...but the game treated you like a ****ing idiot. Every single time I had to do something...that stupid helper kept on talking to me.....like..."hi..you need to pick up 5 fruit nuts...."..."oh you picked 1 out 5 fruit nuts....".
I liked some of the story bits, game had some interesting villains, they built up Demise pretty well too.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 01:27 AM
ares834

The worst thing is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I will still buy it....

**** me. I am part of the problem.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 03:37 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Zelda is still Zelda.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 03:44 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It did sell poorly compared to other Zelda games.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 12:22 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

You're all plebs with no coordination. I'm glad we're getting it in HD, the game deserves it, it was very pretty.

It will also give me all of the things that BotW lacked to hold me over until Zelda comes back to a more middleground between the two extremes. SS traded away openness for engagement by making every part of the overworld like an extended dungeon, and that was excellent.

Also I never wanted to go back to button controls and it was always a sore spot about BotW for me. I'm stoked to have SS back.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 01:36 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

^ Respect your opinion but you're in the minority of SS being one of the better 3D Zeldas, it's almost universally agreed upon as the worst.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 01:50 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Zelda is still Zelda.

Exactly.

Mediocrity is mediocre.

Zelda is nothing more then a long running copy-paste, long since surpassed by many other games.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 10:48 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Jmanghan
^ Respect your opinion but you're in the minority of SS being one of the better 3D Zeldas, it's almost universally agreed upon as the worst.
It's certainly a divisive game but statistically a lot of people who ***** about it never even played it. It didn't sell well, which is a tragedy, it deserved to sell much more than it did.

It's either my #2 or #3 Zelda game. OoT is number one.
Originally posted by cdtm
Exactly.

Mediocrity is mediocre.

Zelda is nothing more then a long running copy-paste, long since surpassed by many other games.
I bet you play Fortnite.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 11:59 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
It's certainly a divisive game but statistically a lot of people who ***** about it never even played it. It didn't sell well, which is a tragedy, it deserved to sell much more than it did.

It's either my #2 or #3 Zelda game. OoT is number one. I bet you play Fortnite.

laughing

Even I wouldn't stoop that low to accuse anyone here of playing that.

Bad enough people play Rocket League. 😣

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 12:03 AM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 08:47 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
It's certainly a divisive game but statistically a lot of people who ***** about it never even played it. It didn't sell well, which is a tragedy, it deserved to sell much more than it did. It's either my #2 or #3 Zelda game. OoT is number one.
I definitely think it's a good game, but I think it's too linear, Fi is F-A-R more annoying then Navi, there's way too much hand-holding, and the stamina meter in the game is far too punishing ESPECIALLY when compared to Breath of the Wild's stamina meter.

You can run for a collective 2 seconds before the game is like "nah, take a breather, buddy."

The game should not even have a stamina meter in the first place, and it's particularly embarrassing when compared to BoTW's meter which lets you run for quite a bit and climb f*cking mountains before noping out.

What I do like about it is the setting, music, villains, and characters. Ghirahim and Groose were awesome. Skyloft is awesome. The story is very well-done, and the Link you play as in SS is a bad-ass in ways that a lot of other Link's aren't. His staredown with Demise was sick.

Motion Control can get ****ed but I think it worked fine for this particular game.

Last edited by Jmanghan on Feb 24th, 2021 at 04:17 PM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 04:12 PM
ares834

So I just beat it and enjoyed it quite a bit. The QOL improvements were great and fixed many of my biggest issues. They make the game a hell of a lot better despite most of them being minor things like being able to make the text move faster or removing most of Fi's interruptions.

Unlike a lot of others, I never had an issues with the motion controls and didn't really have any here either. I never bothered with the non-motion control scheme so no clue how well that works.

Another thing is that I think I've come to better appreciate the more linear and concentrated design of the game. I've gotten tired of the constant deluge of open world games so it is nice to play a game with, relatively, little filler. Visually the game looks pretty good. The art style was great and because of this, like WW, it still looks good.

All in all, even with improvements, I still think it's probably the worst of the 3D Zeldas but, considering how good the rest of the franchise is, that's not a damning statement. The game is still very good.

Last edited by ares834 on Jul 23rd, 2021 at 09:26 AM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 09:16 AM
Klaw
Sigma Male

I've never played SS before.

But I've heard it's more linear (which is what I like).

Thinking of picking it up.

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 01:12 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote