KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Hellpoint

Hellpoint
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Hellpoint

A sci-fi Soulsbourne game

Old Post Jul 5th, 2020 02:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

God damn. Demon Souls, Mortal Shell, Elden Ring, and Hellpoint? The Soulsborne genre is firing on all cylinders right now.

Also, this comes out July 30, 2020. I hope this and Mortal Shell don't end up being sh*t.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 5th, 2020 05:03 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I've only tried out The Surge games and Lords of the Fallen for the The Soulsborne games

The Surge games i really liked. I have Code Vein too haven't played it.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2020 12:03 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I'm in the middle of Surge 1 right now. Great game, so I agree. Probably the only other soulslike I've enjoyed other than the actual soulsborne games. I'm in the same boat as you with Code Vein though. I just haven't gotten around to it, though I've heard good things. I gave Surge priority over it.

Lords of the Fallen was alright. Just average IMO

Sekiro was fkn badass.

Remnant: From the Ashes was ass (though everyone else seems to like it).

Nioh wasn't for me, so I haven't given 2 a chance.

There are so many god damn soulslikes, jesus.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 6th, 2020 04:51 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Looks a bit shit.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2020 05:22 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1

Remnant: From the Ashes was ass (though everyone else seems to like it).
Terrible taste, Remnant from the Ashes is possibly the best non-Fromsoft soulslike short of Hollow Knight. thumb down

Old Post Jul 6th, 2020 05:50 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Isn’t Remnant a shooter? How was that a souls like game?

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jul 6th, 2020 06:07 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

It's not a shooter in the sense it's a FPS or third person. It has Soulsborne elements to that game

Lords of the Fallen was alright. Just average IMO

I only played it up to just past the Commander boss, It was enough for me.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jul 6th, 2020 at 07:28 AM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2020 07:23 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Isn’t Remnant a shooter? How was that a souls like game?

Bonfire equivalents, more or less high level of difficulty with an invincibility frame dodge roll, gloomy atmosphere with a story that is only vaguely told through main gameplay, yeah, it's a soulslike, albeit yes one that deviates greatly from the formula, but that makes it all the better.

Also, real muthaphuckin' G's go the melee build like I did.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2020 06:51 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by NemeBro
Bonfire equivalents, more or less high level of difficulty with an invincibility frame dodge roll, gloomy atmosphere with a story that is only vaguely told through main gameplay, yeah, it's a soulslike, albeit yes one that deviates greatly from the formula, but that makes it all the better.

Also, real muthaphuckin' G's go the melee build like I did.

That actually sounds pretty cool, I’ll have to check that out.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jul 6th, 2020 08:07 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Terrible taste, Remnant from the Ashes is possibly the best non-Fromsoft soulslike short of Hollow Knight. thumb down

thumb up

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2020 09:52 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Maybe. I just have a strong hate for procedurally generated levels. I had fun co-oping with a group of friends and with some of the bosses, but I just couldn't get past the levels.

You know I actually haven't played Hollow Knight yet? I bought it for my switch, but I haven't gotten around to it. I've heard good things, though I've never heard anyone classify it as a soulslike.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 06:45 PM
NemeBro

Maybe. I just have a strong hate for procedurally generated levels. I had fun co-oping with a group of friends and with some of the bosses, but I just couldn't get past the levels.

You know I actually haven't played Hollow Knight yet? I bought it for my switch, but I haven't gotten around to it. I've heard good things, though I've never heard anyone classify it as a soulslike.
The procedural generation gives the game genuine replay value. Very few playthroughs are identical, and I still haven't fought every boss and done every dungeon because of it. The procedural generation is one of the more novel elements of the game, and despite being generated like that it still has some really cool setpieces:

As far Hollow Knight, it also deviates from the formula a lot, but the high difficulty, focus on combat, forboding setting, slight RPG mechanics, and those damn bonfire equivalents make it qualify.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 02:26 AM
Arachnid1

The procedural generation gives the game genuine replay value. Very few playthroughs are identical, and I still haven't fought every boss and done every dungeon because of it. The procedural generation is one of the more novel elements of the game, and despite being generated like that it still has some really cool setpieces:

As far Hollow Knight, it also deviates from the formula a lot, but the high difficulty, focus on combat, forboding setting, slight RPG mechanics, and those damn bonfire equivalents make it qualify.
In that case, I'll start Hollow Knight when I get a break from school in three weeks. I've been needing an excuse to get back to my Switch anyways. Hopefully it compares well to Salt and Sanctuary.

BTW I got back to Remnant with a friend to give it another chance since you're hyping it. I'll try to look past the procedural levels for the quality and see if I enjoy it more the second time around. I got about 5 bosses deep the first time around. I'm having to relearn the game from the ground up rn, and I'm hardstuck on the winged fire dog. I remember him being a dick the first time too

PWNT

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2020 08:22 PM
NemeBro

In that case, I'll start Hollow Knight when I get a break from school in three weeks. I've been needing an excuse to get back to my Switch anyways. Hopefully it compares well to Salt and Sanctuary.

BTW I got back to Remnant with a friend to give it another chance since you're hyping it. I'll try to look past the procedural levels for the quality and see if I enjoy it more the second time around. I got about 5 bosses deep the first time around. I'm having to relearn the game from the ground up rn, and I'm hardstuck on the winged fire dog. I remember him being a dick the first time too
Hollow Knight is better than Salt and Sanctuary, which isn't an indictment of Salt and Sanctuary which is a great game, but Hollow Knight is one of the best games ever made.

I hope you like it. thumb up

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 01:19 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I got Remnant the other day, I saved the Root Mother and i'm in the next area after that.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 06:20 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by Kazenji
I got Remnant the other day, I saved the Root Mother and i'm in the next area after that.

Free on epic for next half hour.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2021 03:30 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by cdtm
Free on epic for next half hour.

That's neat...but I don't need it, I have it on the PS4.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2021 06:16 AM