KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Halo Infinite

If a thread was already made, it's either lost or the search is just bad.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2020 10:23 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

This is the garbage that game publishers try to gaslight you into thinking they *NEED* $70+ to make. It's the exact same derivative gameplay but set in a destiny clone overworld. Boy I can't wait to wander this empty landscape killing infinitely respawning enemies and grinding dailies with my bros so that I can unlock skins on all my guns and armor!

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2020 11:04 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Re: Halo Infinite

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
the search is just bad.

-Nods-

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2020 11:36 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Tzeentch
This is the garbage that game publishers try to gaslight you into thinking they *NEED* $70+ to make. It's the exact same derivative gameplay but set in a destiny clone overworld. Boy I can't wait to wander this empty landscape killing infinitely respawning enemies and grinding dailies with my bros so that I can unlock skins on all my guns and armor!

To be fair, Halo will be $60 with smart delivery support and that BS price premise was only introduced by a greedy sports milkin' third party publisher so far.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 12:36 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Making AAA games to meet current expectations of graphical fidelity is several times as expensive as it was a decade ago. I'm surprised that video game prices have remained as stable as they have until now, and compared to... the alternative money-making schemes, I consider an extra ten dollars to be preferable by far.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 01:54 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Halo hasn't been good since Bungie lost the reigns.

Excepting Reach.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 02:35 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by cdtm

Excepting Reach.
Reach was developed by Bungie. 343 should be given credit for the entire Master Chief Collection which came out fantastic (though not initially; it took years of updates and remasters to make it what it is today) though.

But yeah, 4 and 5 were rough outside of some fun multiplayer. This one looks like it trying to cash in a bit too much on nostalgia. The gameplay shown could almost pass for a Halo CE remaster/remake. Lets hope the open world is more impressive than shown.

Also, this will live or die by its multiplayer. I'm hoping the experience they got bringing the MC collection to life will shine through here.

PWNT

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 02:53 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Arachnid1
4 and 5 were rough outside of some fun multiplayer This one looks like it trying to cash in a bit too much on nostalgia. The gameplay shown could almost pass for a Halo CE remaster/remake. Lets hope the open world is more impressive than shown.

I honestly like it went back to the classic look. Plus without as much focus to detail for every little thing like 4 and 5 did, might get smoother as a result.

quote:
Also, this will live or die by its multiplayer. I'm hoping the experience they got bringing the MC collection to life will shine through here.

Calling it: playable Brutes thumb up

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jul 24th, 2020 at 04:55 AM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 04:53 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Making AAA games to meet current expectations
The top selling games of this gen range from being nice to look at but hardly envelope pushing (Overwatch, Fortnite etc.) to literal mobile game tier 2008 graphics (league of legends, PubG, Minecraft etc). People want games to look good- that can be accomplished with art style just as effectively as graphical intensity. The idea that new games must have the latest and greatest DUDE MUH RAY TRACING MUH FULLY RENDERED TOE NAILS graphics technology is a meme perpetuated by the gaming industry itself, to justify new console gens and increased game prices.

And it's naive to think that more expensive initial prices will somehow result in less predatory nickel and diming. Do you really see EA or Activision going "well since gamers have accepted our price hike I guess we don't have to innudate our games with lootboxes and DLC!"? **** no. Their games are going to be $70 and you're going to take the microtransaction dick. There is no if-then scenario here. Capitalism is a tumor that demands infinite growth, so there will never come a time where prices are "good enough" for these companies. You could pay $400 for Halo Infinite and by the time Halo Infinite 2 comes out Microsoft will be crying crocodile tears about how "guys gaming will not survive unless you pay $410 for your games..."

**** the AAA gaming industry.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 05:03 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

thumb up

Originally posted by cdtm

Excepting Reach.

Reach was made by Bungie.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 05:38 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I'm not usually a graphics wh0re but come on. That looks like a 360 game.

(please log in to view the image)

EDIT: Actually, Halo looked better on 360. All this talk of a 500 million budget and hype around this game, and this what we have half a year before release?

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Jul 24th, 2020 at 01:33 PM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 01:30 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I still play on 360, you're seriously downplaying what its capable of.

Max Payne 3 and GTA 5 look way better then that.

Halo 3 look a lot better.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 01:32 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Arachnid1

That looks like a lighting thing.

I compared the same FX2 pinball table on 360, and its FX3 port on Steam, and the 360 lights everything up while the Steam edition was much more subdued and natural.

I actually prefer the Steam look in general, except on specific tables (Like Star Wars Rebel Assault)

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 01:58 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Looks like the lighting was unfinished or bugged or something. Made the graphics look really bad. Hopefully it looks better once released.

Other than that it looked fine.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 04:48 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Well, has been stated that what was shown was an early build for the game, and not how the final version will look, so that's at least reassuring.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 08:48 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

$70 lol. I'll just emulate it on my phone. thumb up a

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 09:44 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by Tzeentch

laughing out loud Well said.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2020 10:23 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Is this game going to be an online game like D2?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2020 04:06 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I...doubt that. And no, guys, it's not gonna be $70. It's gonna be out on Xbox One also. If the reactions over this game can be summarized, it would be in the form of this reddit post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comme...t_the_graphics/

Old Post Jul 25th, 2020 05:04 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

And its available on Game Pass day one. If you only want to play Halo Infiinite...you can literally get a trial of Game Pass for 15 days (I think), beat the campaign and never have to play it again and it costs no money.

Considering you can play this game on Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox Series X, through Game Pass, through Windows Store and I think there is going to be a Steam version as well...and I don't believe its going to be an increase of price.

And if you buy the Xbox One version, you get the Series X version without any extra cost.

So...I don't see how this can be lumped in the same category as NBA 2K......and we do not know if there is microtransactions for MP.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2020 12:27 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote