KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Bayonetta 3

Bayonetta 3
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Bayonetta 3

Have no idea how you... creatures haven't made this thread yet, but here ya go!

I am too excited for this one.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 01:31 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Because it's hard to get hyped for something that wasn't shown at this year's E3 and with Platinum studios announcing they got 2-3 more other games in the works, probably gonna be awhile before we hear anything Bayonetta from them.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 26th, 2018 at 05:30 AM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 05:23 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I just don't care about a game on a system I don't own.

Besides, hard to get hyped about another game people will brag they double platinum'd in a day. You know the ones. An hour after an mmorpg/rts/fps comes out, they have a lock on the best gear, beat the level cap, lock up the leaderboards.. They ruin everything.

Who are these people that do that, and call it easy? Paid professionals?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2018 02:23 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
I just don't care about a game on a system I don't own.

Pretty much this for me too.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2018 07:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Kazenji
Pretty much this for me too.
You really should pick up a switch dude, I use it far more then I use even my phone, by a long shot.

If you're a fan of open-world games, Breath of the Wild is a must-have.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2018 08:22 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Not buying a console just for two games.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2018 01:37 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Not buying a console just for two games.
I haven't found a game on switch that I've disliked yet.

Also, Breath of the Wild is worth buying a switch for, but I'll give you that.

How about Skyrim, Dark Souls Remastered, Splatoon 2 (god that game has to be my favorite, hands-down).

The main draw is portability, and for people who don't care about convenience, they won't care about the switch.

I mean, I've only just bought a new Nintendo system since the Wii and the Switch has me almost completely ignoring my PS4.

I had the urge to go out and buy some games for my PS4, but I see the games on Switch and I just can't, and I really have tried.

I bought Kingdom Come Deliverance, Dissidia Final Fantasy NT, Dragon Ball FighterZ, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, barely touched them at all since I got the PS3 last year.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2018 01:51 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Alot of those games i can get for the PS4.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2018 01:53 AM
Jmanghan

Alot of those games i can get for the PS4.
Yeah, like I said, a lot of the Switch's accomplishments rely mainly on the convenience of portability.

I mean, don't get me wrong, this is Nintendo's smartest system of all time, more powerful then the Wii U undocked, but Nintendo and Xbone/PS4 offer very different experiences.

I forgot who I watched recently who said the Switch is much better for people who are into Nintendo's games.

The difference is, the Playstation's exclusives are very few, they had many opportunities to buy out studio's or franchises.

You know how easy it'd be, to just offer a price to activision, get crash bandicoot, spyro?

Make more Legend of Dragoon games? They're just too focused on modernized experiences.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2018 03:58 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Still existing saltiness of Bayo becoming Nintendo exclusive aside, I have fairly high expectations for 3 after how much better 2 was for me than the first one.

Wonder what Nintendo related costumes she'll have now.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2018 08:43 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Bayonetta's voice actress is telling everyone to boycott the third game

https://www.videogameschronicle.com...r-insult-offer/

Old Post Oct 16th, 2022 11:42 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Pretty much agree to do so. If I ever get the game, it'll be second-hand whether it's a used copy or something. Wasn't getting it on day 1 anyway, but they really did her dirty.

Unfortunately, I'll in the minority it seems, as the game has gotten more preorders and inevitable sales than it otherwise would've because "any publicity is good publicity".

The only time a gaming boycott actually worked in recent memory was... EA Battlefront 2 as I was recently reminded, with the whole lootbox shit. The pay to win part of it was taken out before release though, but the initial boycott did force them to make the game better down the line, thankfully.

But the initial Battlefront 2 boycott having worked while the Bayonetta 3 one hasn't goes to show what's been gaslighted as "having morals" is gamers more concerned about the game than anything else; anyone involved with the making of the game getting screwed over or replaced be damned. Hellena was the soul of Bayonetta for the english version.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2022 12:53 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I sympathise with her, but unfortunately this has been the trend. Peter Cullen practically IS Optimus Prime, yet Netflix went with non union voice actors, and fans on the TF2005 board could care less. Many even expressed approval.

Doubt many fans boycott this game out of VA loyalty.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2022 12:56 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Well I'm gonna cancel my pre-order and wait for a used copy down the line. They had many ways to approach this too yet chose the dickbag option.

It's funny. Japan and its entertainment industry revere their voice actors but when it comes to anyone popular in the other countries dubbing their games, screw you. The Japanese Bayonetta VA from 1-2 will be reprising her role btw so yeah.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Oct 17th, 2022 at 01:38 AM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2022 01:29 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Nemesis X

It's funny. Japan and its entertainment industry revere their voice actors but when it comes to anyone popular in the other countries dubbing their games, screw you. The Japanese Bayonetta VA from 1-2 will be reprising her role btw so yeah.

Sega also does same thing outside of Japan

Jon St John for example who voiced Big the Cat first. instead of keeping him onboard they ditched him.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2022 02:40 AM
Dante158
The Soul Stealer

Can't wait tbh! I wish they could release it upon PlayStation tho

Old Post Oct 17th, 2022 10:44 AM
Dante158 is currently offline Click here to Send Dante158 a Private Message Find more posts by Dante158 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

https://twitter.com/hellenataylor/s...6w_Ilwi8b7yvC9Q

Turns out she wasn't being truthful, which will cast a shadow over her peers in the VA industry that had been fighting tooth and nail for fair wages and union representation. We live in an age where a Youtuber gets paid more for shilling Raid Shadow Legends than dedicated VA's get paid for starring in some of the most financially successful franchises. And that's only if they're lucky enough to be asked to reprise their role to begin with instead of replaced by insert celebrity here.

At least there's no guilt whatsoever in getting Bayonetta 3 now, but the whole situation's still ****ed, and will forever taint the game/series for fans to some level.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2022 02:07 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
https://twitter.com/hellenataylor/s...6w_Ilwi8b7yvC9Q

Turns out she wasn't being truthful, which will cast a shadow over her peers in the VA industry that had been fighting tooth and nail for fair wages and union representation. We live in an age where a Youtuber gets paid more for shilling Raid Shadow Legends than dedicated VA's get paid for starring in some of the most financially successful franchises. And that's only if they're lucky enough to be asked to reprise their role to begin with instead of replaced by insert celebrity here.

At least there's no guilt whatsoever in getting Bayonetta 3 now, but the whole situation's still ****ed, and will forever taint the game/series for fans to some level.

Looks like she's still complaining about the offer being insulting, isn't that what she's said from the start? What were the lies?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2022 02:12 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Initially she said she was only offered $4000, and now she had to backpedal to saying it was $10,000.

What sucks the most is this initially got a lot of voice actors to come out about legit issues in the industry and now that is basically all indirectly undermined by this.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2022 02:34 PM
ares834

So she flat out lied. And now admits to it while still acting as if she was in the right...

laughing out loud

And of course, the retards who picked up their pitchforks based on absolutely no evidence will do so once again when the next "controversy" happens.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2022 04:54 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote