KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » What if Qui-Gon arrived instead of Yaddle?

What if Qui-Gon arrived instead of Yaddle?
Started by: Eli Vanto

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

What if Qui-Gon arrived instead of Yaddle?

Theoretical question here, but say that Qui-Gon had been the one who showed up while Dooku was talking to Sidious, and Sidious ordered Dooku to kill him instead.

Would things have gone differently?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2022 01:52 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

I don't know if Dooku would have been able to do it tbh. He obviously shared a very strong bond with Qui-Gon.

But at the same time Dooku also knows that if he flatout disobeys Sidious, they'd BOTH get killed.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2022 02:15 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sheev
I don't know if Dooku would have been able to do it tbh. He obviously shared a very strong bond with Qui-Gon.

But at the same time Dooku also knows that if he flatout disobeys Sidious, they'd BOTH get killed.

Does he know that at this point ?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2022 05:39 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

Dooku would turn on Sidious. He was furious at the death of Qui-Gon, and already questioning his commitment to Sidious. If Sidious ordered Dooku to kill Qui-Gon, Dooku would decide to fight alongside his padawan one last time. And then they'd both die

Old Post Oct 30th, 2022 05:49 PM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

I doubt that Dooku's link to Qui-Gon could change his mind at that point; Qui-Gon was still alive when Dooku started to cooperate with Sidious. But if Qui-Gon would be eager to help Dooku change the Republic, perhaps Dooku would chose to attack Sidious along with Qui-Gon. I don't think that Sidious power would be something, that Dooku would be affraid of at this moment. I mean, it's not like Dooku and Qui-Gon would beat Sidious, but I don't think that fear of Sidious' powers would take control over Dooku.

If Qui-Gon would promies him that he will leave the Order, that he will help him to change the galaxy and that he will be training Anakin under Dooku's guidence... I guess that could be enough for Dooku at this state of mind.

I'm just not fure if Jinn would be eager to do or at least say that all.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2022 07:07 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote