KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Bernie Sanders spot on

Bernie Sanders spot on
Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bernie Sanders spot on

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ndroidApp_Other

‘People are tired of being ignored while the rich get richer’: Bernie Sanders on anger and hope in the US and UK

"This brings his attention back to a perennial passion – and what he wants to talk to me about : the prospects of the US labour movement. We speak over the phone, but he hits all his rousing lines with the zest of a platform rally. The thread that runs through all his answers is class politics. This is less of a novelty in progressive politics on the British side of the Atlantic – to rousing cheers at a recent Enough Is Enough rally, Lynch proclaimed: “The working class is back” – but it was long considered alien in a US that peddled a myth of classlessness. This was a politically convenient myth in a country where, Sanders notes, three rich men have more wealth than the poorest half."

Last edited by Old Man Whirly! on Aug 30th, 2022 at 12:53 PM

Old Post Aug 30th, 2022 12:49 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Bernie Sanders? His problem is that he talks too much about giving away free shit that isnt actually free.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2022 12:46 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...ndroidApp_Other

People are tired of being ignored while the rich get richer: Bernie Sanders on anger and hope in the US and UK

"This brings his attention back to a perennial passion and what he wants to talk to me about : the prospects of the US labour movement. We speak over the phone, but he hits all his rousing lines with the zest of a platform rally. The thread that runs through all his answers is class politics. This is less of a novelty in progressive politics on the British side of the Atlantic to rousing cheers at a recent Enough Is Enough rally, Lynch proclaimed: The working class is back but it was long considered alien in a US that peddled a myth of classlessness. This was a politically convenient myth in a country where, Sanders notes, three rich men have more wealth than the poorest half."

thumb up

Class lies at the heart of most social inequity. I'm glad Bernie has been able to help further the conversation in the mainstream over the years.

Originally posted by Stoic
Bernie Sanders? His problem is that he talks too much about giving away free shit that isnt actually free.

I've generally seen him explain how he'd pay for stuff.

Free college tuition would be covered with a ~1% tax on Wall Street speculation, for example.

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 31st, 2022 at 05:32 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2022 05:18 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Re: Bernie Sanders spot on

Edit

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 31st, 2022 at 05:33 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2022 05:29 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Bernie's pretty damn awesome. I wish he were POTUS.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 31st, 2022 06:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Weird world when someone is considered "radical" because they want people's taxes to be to help the same people paying the taxes as opposed to going on subsidies for corporations that do everything they can to avoid paying taxes.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2022 07:25 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Weird world when someone is considered "radical" because they want people's taxes to be to help the same people paying the taxes as opposed to going on subsidies for corporations that do everything they can to avoid paying taxes.
thumb up We used to call that the UK.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2022 08:08 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

With wealth disparity as high in the US as it was in pre-revolutionary France, you would think something is bound to break, eventually.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 1st, 2022 11:32 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I saw Bernie speak in my downtown when he was campaigning, I guess it was 2016... (shit I've kind of forgotten)..

But anyway, yeah, it was great. Cornell West was there, too.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2022 11:48 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Is that what Fox News told you?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2022 01:29 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Is that what Fox News told you?

Nah, to be completely honest with you, Im cool with Sanders for the most part and after Obama left office, I felt strongly about two candidates that I was interested in seeing do well. Sanders happened to be one of them. I am however opposed to the idea of making business owners pay their fair share of taxes speeches, just like I am opposed to Biden doing so. Ran Paul was another person that I liked, but for completely different reasons.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2022 06:49 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
*orgasms in capitalism*

Old Post Sep 5th, 2022 12:26 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Nah, to be completely honest with you, Im cool with Sanders for the most part and after Obama left office, I felt strongly about two candidates that I was interested in seeing do well. Sanders happened to be one of them. I am however opposed to the idea of making business owners pay their fair share of taxes speeches, just like I am opposed to Biden doing so. Ran Paul was another person that I liked, but for completely different reasons.

Agree or disagree with him, Bernie is one of the very few politicians left who actually cares to help people. Especially in the U.S.

Having said that I dont think its about taxing business owners, but more about making sure huge corporations with massive profits pay their fair share (to help the poorest pay for healthcare, food and their soaring energy bills), and dont buy out politicians. And that they dont screw over the back bone of their huge profits (the employees) either.

Its not Communism. Its just adding some Heart to Capitalism.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2022 07:04 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote