KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Shazam Fury of the Gods

Shazam Fury of the Gods
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Shazam Fury of the Gods

I have seen shit in my 53 years o this Earth. I have sen shit in my life... One more time for the dumbarses in the back.. I HAVE SEEN SHIT IN MY LIFE and this film is dogshit.. bad acting.. Various same old tropes that I've seen in much better well written films. I guess WB didn't pay a lot for the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: dragon cgi. Best parts were when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: hellen mirren beat up Shazam in the beginning and when the little black girl cussed. Rachel Zegler phoned it in since she herself said she needed a job. This is a total waste of time and barely gets a 0001 rating.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 19th, 2023 02:55 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Seems WB just can't make a good superhero sequel these days.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2023 03:07 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaden_3.0

Re: Shazam Fury of the Gods

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I have seen shit in my 53 years o this Earth. I have sen shit in my life... One more time for the dumbarses in the back.. I HAVE SEEN SHIT IN MY LIFE and this film is dogshit.. bad acting.. Various same old tropes that I've seen in much better well written films. I guess WB didn't pay a lot for the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: dragon cgi. Best parts were when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: hellen mirren beat up Shazam in the beginning and when the little black girl cussed. Rachel Zegler phoned it in since she herself said she needed a job. This is a total waste of time and barely gets a 0001 rating.

When Bruce says anything other than "this was good" that's when you know it's utter cack

Old Post Mar 20th, 2023 06:20 PM
Jaden_3.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Jaden_3.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Jaden_3.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Been reading the director has decided to go back to doing horror movies and also wasn't expecting a repeat of the first films success

quote:
“I wasn’t expecting a repeat of the first movie critically but I was still a little surprised because I think it’s a good film. Oh well,” he tweeted

Sandberg also revealed that after the DC film, he was taking a step back from more superhero movies and getting back into the horror genre..

https://deadline.com/2023/03/shazam...ism-1235305168/

Old Post Mar 21st, 2023 01:44 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by Kazenji
Been reading the director has decided to go back to doing horror movies and also wasn't expecting a repeat of the first films success

https://deadline.com/2023/03/shazam...ism-1235305168/

Director - "Oh Well". Yikes

By Stoic

Old Post Mar 21st, 2023 12:00 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Probably also doesn't help draw the crowd in having more grownup actors who have to act like children. One was tolerable in the first movie. Having multiple just looks annoying.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 21st, 2023 at 02:10 PM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2023 02:08 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Not a great movie, but not BoP awful or anything.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2023 04:15 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

For reference, what did you think about the first Shazam film?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 21st, 2023 04:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Robtard
For reference, what did you think about the first Shazam film?

first one was fair

this film will be on HBO/HBOMAX in late April/May

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 21st, 2023 09:39 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

first one was fair

this film will be on HBO/HBOMAX in late April/May

^^^TBH, I’ll prob. watch it again when it is… embarrasment

Old Post Mar 21st, 2023 10:07 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoolBlackKnight
~ Superninja ~

Bored Sunday night on HBOMax one day for me, this will be.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2023 11:16 PM
CoolBlackKnight is currently offline Click here to Send CoolBlackKnight a Private Message Find more posts by CoolBlackKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Rotten Tomatoes gives the first film a solid 90%, this one gets an anemic 52%.

Damn, as I rather enjoyed the first film, a solid SH flick, that.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 21st, 2023 11:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by CoolBlackKnight
Bored Sunday night on HBOMax one day for me, this will be.

Same.

I heard the 70s TV Billy Batson makes a cameo at least which is kinda nice, like the 70s Wonder Woman cameo at the end of WW 1984. The Shazam show I liked more than hers from what I saw on Tubi though.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2023 12:11 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I guess it also doesn't help it that the director back out of the using Mister Mind & Doctor Sivana teaming up, Basically set that up at the end of the first movie.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2023 01:40 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I remember actually being pleasantly surprised by the first one, but yeah, I don't have much interest in a sequel. Maybe check it out later if I'm bored. Might be something I can turn on while my kids are in the room.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2023 09:38 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

No interest in seeing this at all.

By Stoic

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2023 06:51 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Me either

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2023 08:40 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I HAVE SEEN SHIT IN MY LIFE and this film is dogshit..

Sounds like every other DCEU movie.

Originally posted by tkitna
Director - "Oh Well". Yikes

laughing

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2023 06:23 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Kazenji
I guess it also doesn't help it that the director back out of the using Mister Mind & Doctor Sivana teaming up, Basically set that up at the end of the first movie.

^^^THAT is what I was looking for(ward to) in the sequel. Some old school CM goofiness.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2023 11:38 AM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

It was ok. Definitely not as good as the first one.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2023 05:12 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote