KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » God is a Bullet

God is a Bullet
Started by: Jaden_3.0

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaden_3.0

God is a Bullet

Old Post May 21st, 2023 01:28 PM
Jaden_3.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Jaden_3.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Jaden_3.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Looks mid-level, tbh.

Something I'll watch for free at home though.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 21st, 2023 07:06 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaden_3.0

Looks similar to Waldau's previous movie, Shot Caller which is tremendous. Plus I love me a good revenge flick. But yeah, again could go either way. You could have a The Crow/Dead Man's Shoes/Taken/You Were Never Really Here level film or you could end up with The Crow: Wicked Prayer/Run All Night level shít.

Old Post May 21st, 2023 07:38 PM
Jaden_3.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Jaden_3.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Jaden_3.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i do rather enjy novels turned into movies but this I shall watch free of charge

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 21st, 2023 09:46 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, Shot Caller is fantastic.

This looks pretty good, too. This generation's Taken.

Will definitely keep an eye out for it. Thanks.

Old Post May 21st, 2023 11:29 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Although it could get on my nerves with the Satan worshippers stereotyped as some sort of child raping ring. Quite the opposite, in fact.

But whatever, will still potentially give it a chance...

Old Post May 21st, 2023 11:32 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jaden_3.0
Looks similar to Waldau's previous movie, Shot Caller which is tremendous. Plus I love me a good revenge flick. But yeah, again could go either way. You could have a The Crow/Dead Man's Shoes/Taken/You Were Never Really Here level film or you could end up with The Crow: Wicked Prayer/Run All Night level shít.

I did really enjoy Shot Caller, which surprised me as I went in not expecting too much.

Old Post May 22nd, 2023 03:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaden_3.0

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, Shot Caller is fantastic.

Originally posted by Robtard
I did really enjoy Shot Caller, which surprised me as I went in not expecting too much.

Yeah. Very underrated movie. Apparently, according to youtubers who cover that kind of stuff, one of the most true to life US prison movies in regards to how the gangs work

Old Post May 22nd, 2023 06:05 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I watched this. Liked it. *shrug*

Especially if you like some bloody, ultra-violence.

Although I wasn't sure how [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Casey survived the suffocation with the bag at the end... I guess someone poked a hole in it?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2024 05:34 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Forgot about this, I assume it's streaming now. Will go look tonight.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2024 09:34 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, I was kind of fifty-fifty on whether to watch it or not because of the stupid satanic thing, because real criminals don't put targets on themselves by dressing up like Satanists. Real criminals (as you know, Rob) hide behind religion as priests and preachers or as politicians. So in that sense it's not very realistic, but I got past it and enjoyed the movie. Some of the writing (dialogues/monologues) could have been a little better, but it's serviceable for the premise and violent set-pieces.

I'm liking some of Jamie Lannister's lesser-known, more independent film projects. I wonder if he has any other gems I'm not familiar with (like the aforementioned Shot Caller, which is effing brilliant). I'll have to look into it...

Lol... fun fact: God is a Bullet from Nick Cassavetes, director of The Notebook...

(please log in to view the image)

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 6th, 2024 09:54 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Watched last night, found it to be largely meh, didn't hate it, but not something I'd recommend or ever watch again.

He's good in Headhunters (2011), a Norwegian film. A good film all around.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2024 07:09 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Watched last night, found it to be largely meh, didn't hate it, but not something I'd recommend or ever watch again.

Oh, c'mon... admit it, you spanked it to some of that nice sexy ultraviolence, didn't you?

He's good in Headhunters (2011), a Norwegian film. A good film all around.

That looks pretty good. I tried the trailers for some of his other lesser-known films and the trailers bored me, so probably not a good sign for the full films.

He's also really good in Gods of Egypt...

it's got a great cast... what could go wrong? laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 8th, 2024 02:06 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

The violence was there, but that was not enough for me.

God's of Egypt is a terrible film, but also a bit of guilty pleasure of mine.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2024 10:30 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

The violence was there, but that was not enough for me.

It felt like kind of a gritty graphic novel to me, which I liked.

God's of Egypt is a terrible film, but also a bit of guilty pleasure of mine.

Same. Some aspects I found more watchable than I was expecting.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2024 02:46 AM