KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Why didn't the T-800 explode in T1 and T2 ?

Why didn't the T-800 explode in T1 and T2 ?
Started by: Predator23

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Predator23

Why didn't the T-800 explode in T1 and T2 ?

Hi@all,

in Terminator 3 the T-800 tells us that it has two energy power cells, which will explode when they get instabile.

In T3 the first one exploded in the desert and the second killed the T-X.
But why didn't they explode in T1 when the T-800 was squeezed in the factory and in T2 when they lowered it into the steel where it meld?

Is it because the T-800 in T3 came from a changed future (the military SkyNet future, not the Cyberdyne SkyNet future) where the T-800 series is constructed in another way?

Or is there anything in T2 3D what changed the construction of the T-800 series? I have only seen the Making of T2 3D, so I don't know...

Best regards,
Predi

Last edited by Predator23 on Aug 12th, 2003 at 04:19 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 04:13 PM
Predator23 is currently offline Click here to Send Predator23 a Private Message Find more posts by Predator23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

in terminator1 and t2 and the t2:3d ride the terminator is t-800. which doesn't have hydrogen cells. the t-850( in terminator3) has hydrogen cells which can explode. this is the only difference between the terminator in 1,2,t2:3d AND t3

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 05:18 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

minor development , yeah that would suck to have a self destruct bomb iside of you i would have been dead along time ago on one of those lost drunken nights

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 07:05 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

yeah it could be due from a changed future or quite frankly it could be from an thought script writer that scribbled down crap as he felt like it with out refrencing from the original movies and did what ever he said he felt like, could have been worse, he could have had arnie in t3 also come with a popcorn maker wink

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 01:53 PM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

That would have been funny:

John Conner: Are you here to kill me?
Arnie: No, I'm here to give you delicious sugar coated popcorn avaliable now from the lobby. big grin

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 08:14 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sr_Zorro

I think that the hydrogen cells are there just to give Arnie a way to terminate the T-X. I don't mean that the cells are weapons, but all that blabla about the power cells in the movie is just to introduce us to them.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 04:47 AM
Sr_Zorro is currently offline Click here to Send Sr_Zorro a Private Message Find more posts by Sr_Zorro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

it was just something new to be introduced to the movie thats all.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 12:05 PM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

when arnie meets john for the first time in t3 he should've said: JOHN CONNOR..................................... u r the weakest link, gud bye
( and then he shoots him)

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 07:09 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

no in the scene when they are in the cemetary and john was whining about being the leader etc, arnie should have turn around walked towards him and ***** slapped him, stop whining john conner before you are ***** slapped!!!

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 10:27 AM
carnage713

if the t-850 is more advanced then why does it have hydrogen power cells

great sig made by hegemon

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 10:52 PM
carnage713 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage713 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage713 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JRatT12

I think this was just something stupid that the stupid new writer/director put in. If the terminators have these Giant explosives in the next one there is a big problem…..seen opens with Thousands of T-800 with no skin walking toward the human encampment John takes a large rock launcher and blows up the one in the middle causing its hydrogen cell to explored and making a chain reaction in witch all of the terminators explode killing them all. John turns around and looks at camera “hmm that was easer then I thought”…end of movie

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 12:33 AM
JRatT12 is currently offline Click here to Send JRatT12 a Private Message Find more posts by JRatT12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

lol. i think mostow mut've made some kind of plan for t4 that this doesn't happpen. i am sure he has got sumthin up his sleeve for t4

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 04:17 AM
JRatT12

Yep I think Mostow has got something going on like I have said before T3 seems to be all about setting up for the next movie

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 04:19 AM
JRatT12 is currently offline Click here to Send JRatT12 a Private Message Find more posts by JRatT12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

as far as the hydrogen powercells go, if the future from T2's period got changed and somehow changed the situation where by the termy's have hydrogen powercells in the t850 then its fine, however i dont think mostow thought about it on those lines, i think they just added it in to add to more explosions, oh my power cell is messed up..booom...as far as the set up for t4 yes its obvious he was setting things up for it, its only logical the problem is he lack of attention to details where even us fans pick up on, no one is asking him or expecting him to be jim cameron frankly but mostow is changing or not addressing certain details which frankly contribute to the characters, ie serial number for arnie, hydrogen cells, lack of the theme music in the background, imagine the indiana jones theme in the movie not being played when indy is fighting the bad guys or jumping from a suspension bridge, dude thats just not right!! In response to jrat yes ur exactly right about blowing up the terminators one by one with the power cell thing, thats why cameron never had that in after all the terminators were roboust virtually undestructble cyborgs having a hydrogen power cell seems to make it weak wouldnt it, mostow just added that in to add to the drama more explosions then ppl wont notice these things! to many movies are being made for the woo factor just to woo the audience and they wont care about anything else unfortunatly the terminator story was initially thought off with details to follow which is why now down the line a lot of us fans complain because of the lack of the details or just not matching up details! GRRR

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 12:30 PM
dulobast25

hey skule my dog pulled through so far, she's doing good righ now. Anyways i could not agree with you more. james cameron had attention to detail, that is why we are fans now. Nobody is asking for james cameron per se, but we would like his attention to detail and respect to the storyline to be retained..and the themse music and the power cell and the model number and the plot.....well i hope t4 cleans it all up

Old Post Aug 29th, 2003 05:32 AM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

hey man i am glad to hear ur doggy is ok, i have lost couple of dogs in my life , its not an easy thing to deal with.

anyways yes its the details that make the movie awesome. hopefully mostow (if he is gonna be the next director) got some critiques so he realised he has to pay more attention to details, like the rest of us !!

Old Post Aug 29th, 2003 06:06 AM
dulobast25

exactly. He owes the fans some more continuity, the movie industryt owes the fans. You know what? even people who just saw t1 but saw t2 and wern't t3 fans thaought t3 lacked. It just didn't have the 11 herbs and spices.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2003 07:05 AM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote