KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » the mother of the matrix.... 'PLEASE...'

the mother of the matrix.... 'PLEASE...'
Started by: .:Space Opera:.

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

the mother of the matrix.... 'PLEASE...'

so.... wait why does the architect say 'please' when neo says that the mother of the matrix is the oracle? she clearly is.....
I dont understand that freakin retard... stupid machines! so anyways, he describes the 'mother' as 'an intuitive program, initially created to investigate certain aspects of the human phsyche'

if she is able to understand humans than that would explain why she can
tell people how things are going to happen... neo said 'so she can tell the future' then morpheus said, 'she may think she can...' or something in that manner. she may not be prophet like but she can tell what people are going to do before they do it, having pertained to understanding probability, which in the end, is what the choice the one has to make to reinsert the matrix. confused whew! mind buuuugaling!!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 02:15 PM
HyperDream is currently offline Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rysdigital
the end has come

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 02:42 PM
rysdigital is currently offline Click here to Send rysdigital a Private Message Find more posts by rysdigital Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

what the heck is ".... " ! do you not understand, would you like me to elaborate?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 02:44 PM
HyperDream is currently offline Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

um, no, she clearly is not the mother...the Oracle is a program designed to read the coding of the Matrix, then give the humans information pertaining to the imminent future. She is not the mother of the Matrix, and the Architect is NOT a stupid machine...*robophobe*...i think an as yet unmet program is the mother, perhaps the SOURCE?!?!

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 03:24 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

sure that actually makes alot of sense

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 05:59 PM
Sifer

Oracle = Mother

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 06:02 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

if i am the 'father' of the matrix, she would undoubtedly be its mother

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 06:07 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
navykidd

the oracle definetely does not understand the human phsyce, the only character that seems to be interested in that is persephone, with the idea of love and emotion, im not sure it is her, but thats the only program that shows interest in the human phsyce...i guess...i wonder who else it could be, if not persephone,

GOD Bless.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 06:09 PM
navykidd is currently offline Click here to Send navykidd a Private Message Find more posts by navykidd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Here are a few meanings of the word Psyche from Dictionary.com:

To analyze, solve, or comprehend.

To anticipate or guess the intentions of: “Most others could never approach [his] ability... to psyche out the opposition's thinking so consistently” (Steven Brill).

To analyze and treat by psychoanalysis.

The spirit or soul.

The mind functioning as the center of thought, emotion, and behavior and consciously or unconsciously adjusting or mediating the body's responses to the social and physical environment.

The soul; the vital principle; the mind.

Now:

Oracle: I'm sorry kid, I really am. You've got a good soul, and I hate giving good people bad news.

I think the word 'Psyche' fits the Oracle perfectly if you ask me smile

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 06:16 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

persephone is an 'emotional vampire'

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 06:16 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

I was just about to say what Burlyman said. It say's so on the official site smile

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 06:17 PM
icon
New meaning to Free Agent

but have we asked the question about persephone? the question, is
why

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 06:29 PM
icon is currently offline Click here to Send icon a Private Message Find more posts by icon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

maybe the Mother is a program that takes the "mind" when jacked in, and transfers the coding into a form recognizable to humans, aka image of the digital self...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 06:53 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

what I meant when i said the oracle understanding the human phsyce is that she, in my opinion, understands human probability and logic more than love and emotion, which means that she can basically predict human reactions based on reasoning.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2003 07:40 PM
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

Icon I love your sig!

(please log in to view the image)

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2003 07:55 PM
-=Urot=- is currently offline Click here to Send -=Urot=- a Private Message Find more posts by -=Urot=- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

mindbugaling: That is exactly what Psyche means...did you read the stuff from Dictionary.com?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2003 09:40 PM
Red Texas
Fighting Agent Capitalism

quote:
what I meant when i said the oracle understanding the human phsyce is that she, in my opinion, understands human probability and logic more than love and emotion, which means that she can basically predict human reactions based on reasoning.

Which drains all abstract notions of humans being special from me smile

The thought that I am predictable sounds reasonable, and depressing.

you go to work. When you go to Church. When you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you
from the truth.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2003 09:42 PM
Red Texas is currently offline Click here to Send Red Texas a Private Message Find more posts by Red Texas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimplePriest

Sifer> Thank you... Dang I feel like the only one who thinks she is the mother. She fits the bill. I think there is no denying that.

navykidd> Why don't you think the oracle is interested in the human psyche? Does that definition from sifer change your mind?

I think she is interested in it. My goodness, she's all over it throughout both movies. As for persephone, I think she's just a spoiled rich girl who misses the passion that she used to have. I don't think her longing for passion makes her a student of the human psyche. BUT, I can see what everyone is getting at. And I think it's a reasonable point. I just don't see it as all that everyone else is making it out to be....

hmmm.... I'm still thinking about it, but to me, I really imagine the mother is the oracle.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2003 10:35 PM
SimplePriest is currently offline Click here to Send SimplePriest a Private Message Find more posts by SimplePriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLIPMODE

But the thin is why would the architect lie about it or deny it?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 12:20 AM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

he didnt

i think he just doesnt respect her title as 'the oracle'

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 12:26 AM