KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Tool

Tool
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (46): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
What?!

Since when do Tool sound anything like Deftones or Slipknot What the f**k?

Slipknot?! What the f**k? Are you serius?!?!

Tool, Deftones, Slipknot whats the difference all have a generic, boring sound to them...all been done before all most likely to be done again.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 11:01 AM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

quote:
Originally posted by wicker_man
Tool, Deftones, Slipknot whats the difference all have a generic, boring sound to them...all been done before all most likely to be done again.

Whos done Tool sound before?! As im aware they have most unique sound to date.......

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 11:11 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

Tool unique uhhh no!!!! try System of a Down both meanigful and brilliant, The White Stripes, The Red Hot Chill Peppers and Muse also for brilliant uniqueness.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 11:22 AM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

So...who did the Tool sound before....if they are not unique who are the similar to? Have you heard tool's songs, lyrics or seen any of their videos at all What the f**k?

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 11:29 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
loserib
vox nothing but losers

quote:
Tool unique uhhh no!!!! try System of a Down both meanigful and brilliant, The White Stripes, The Red Hot Chill Peppers and Muse also for brilliant uniqueness

the white stripes unique man their sound has been done a thousand times over before and after them

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 03:42 PM
loserib is currently offline Click here to Send loserib a Private Message Find more posts by loserib Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Yeah..thats true!

I still would like to know who are Tool similar to? Who had a sound like tool before them? What the f**k?

Wicker man>Are you trying to say that Tool arent meaningfull? Have you even heard Tool?!?!?!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 04:03 PM
wicker_man
V.2

quote:
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Yeah..thats true!

I still would like to know who are Tool similar to? Who had a sound like tool before them? What the f**k?

Wicker man>Are you trying to say that Tool arent meaningfull? Have you even heard Tool?!?!?!

Well still i much prefer the White Stripes.

In reply to your questions yes i have heard some of Tools released material most notably Hush, Stinkfist, Prison Sex and Sober, they sound similar to that of Metallica, The Smiths, Bad Religion, Stone Temple, Pilots, their drum and base is nothing to write home about very dull and repetitive in fact when i was listiening to Sober i thought i was listeing to Puff Daddys 'Come With Me', for truly amazing drums and bass try Bad Religion, The Mars Volta and System of a Down. Theres three great bands.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Last edited by wicker_man on Nov 21st, 2003 at 07:02 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 06:56 PM
wicker_man
V.2

Edited ~ Duplicated Thread Input

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 07:01 PM
lil bitchiness
-

quote:
Originally posted by wicker_man
In reply to your questions yes i have heard some of Tools released material most notably Hush, Stinkfist, Prison Sex and Sober, they sound similar to that of Metallica, The Smiths, Bad Religion, Stone Temple, Pilots, White Snake, their drum and base is nothing to write home about very dull and repetitive in face when i was listiening to Sober i thought i was listeing to Puff Daddys 'Come With Me', for truly amazing drums and bass try Bad Religion, The Mars Volta and System of a Down. Theres three great bands.

messedmessedmessed Did you just say that Tool sounds similar to Metallica, Bad Religion and Smiths?!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 07:03 PM
wicker_man
V.2

Yep i did all of those bands i have heard only recentley, and Tool have basically taken all the good parts of these bands.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 07:05 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Overall i dont think there is a band like Tool, music or video wise! no expression

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 07:26 PM
wicker_man
V.2

I totally respect your opinion, i mean thats what forums are here for the discussion and putting forward of different opinions.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 07:30 PM
lil bitchiness
-

thumb up exactly...

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 07:47 PM
wicker_man
V.2

Although i must admit i am a fan of APC.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 07:51 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Twiggy is their new bassist as i understand!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 07:57 PM
wicker_man
V.2

I liked Paz she was great (and hot too).

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 07:58 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Yeah...she was amazing! big grin I think more girl bassist should be in bands..me hopefully one day too! big grin

But out of all bassist...why pic Twiggy...i like Manson and all, but Twiggy's bass abilitesarent that great..blink

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 08:02 PM
wicker_man
V.2

I totally agree we need more female bassists Raychele from Lunar Click and Alexis from Vegas in Space to name but two, i play the drums so i tend to concentrate on drummers need more female drummers aswell.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 08:13 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Yeah...agreed! i was just wandering if you knew who is drumming for 'feeder' now?! blink if anyone?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 08:17 PM
wicker_man
V.2

Mark Richardson he was Skunk and Anasies former drummer, orginally he wasn't included in the Feeder lineout what with John dying the surviving members thought it was to soon to call a new drummer to their lineout as a permenant member, Mark was cool with it but now he is a fully fledged member.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Nov 21st, 2003 08:21 PM