KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Marilyn Manson..

Marilyn Manson..
Started by: shadow_angel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PINBALL

I hate him hes just a freak trying to get attention by doing weird things and the way he looks just gives you the creeps

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 01:21 AM
PINBALL is currently offline Click here to Send PINBALL a Private Message Find more posts by PINBALL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nebri

well i have listend manson for a long time through periods of my own life that has had some relivancy.
his lyrics are profound and sometimes very in the face attitude.
i prefure the song nobodies as it is powerfull and i think because he expresses himself through music and art , it fritend peeps who not willing to exept the out of the ordinary.
overall i think manson has proved that society is still in the dark ages!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 11:47 AM
nebri is currently offline Click here to Send nebri a Private Message Find more posts by nebri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKangarooster

i think shit loafs of bands did that long time ago and are still doing it but not everyone goes around spreading rumours or tekkin it up the batty and then goin on tv to show it around. thats just sjubid

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 07:47 AM
TheKangarooster is currently offline Click here to Send TheKangarooster a Private Message Find more posts by TheKangarooster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon
X/1999 = best anime ever!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by PINBALL
I hate him hes just a freak trying to get attention by doing weird things and the way he looks just gives you the creeps

The way he looks shoudn't be judged & it's not important the way he looks.

We must not let them disappear! Act now & together we can save them.
Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 01:02 PM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

New Manson album, Born Villain (May 1, 2012).

quote:
"...I think this is our best work so far... It's kind of like a little more of a punk rock Mechanical Animals without sounding too pretentious."

Twiggy Ramirez

And an interesting did-bit: Johnny Depp to Appear. I hope he doesn't cause the song to suck.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 03:16 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

A quick YouTube search discovered a couple new songs...

That one's not too bad.. hopefully it'll grow on me.

That one's not bad either. I'm liking it okay, I think, from my first impression at least. I'm not exactly blown away, though.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 07:19 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I'm think Manson is OK. I really like many of his singles, but most of his non-singles are boring as shit and sound a bit like non-singles of Nine Inch Nails (which I don't like). I saw Manson live once and was kind of disappointed. It was fun because of his antics, but his sound quality live was not too great. The venue was one that doesn't always do loud music justice, but other bands that I have seen there made it work well enough (like Serj Tankian and Avenged Sevenfold).

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 07:41 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I have mixed feelings about Manson, myself. I think his lyrics are either brilliant, kind of clever, or repetitive, immature, and annoying. But overall I find him rather addictive and I find myself listening to him over and over again. I like Twiggy Ramirez's work, but I'd really like to hear some more John-5/Manson material. That dude is a killer guitarist (I really like his solo/instrumental material) and I think they came up with some great songs together. For example...

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2012 11:45 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Oh, snap. New video. Viewer Discretion is advised...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 12:41 AM
juggernaut94
You don't say?

I don't know why I used to crush on Marilyn Manson. Grew out of it. But I do listen to them occasionally. The music isn't too bad.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2012 11:42 PM
juggernaut94 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut94 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I think I need to start lowering my expectations for the new album.. then i'll probably like it more. I liked the last album, but it was far from perfect.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2012 02:08 PM
juggernaut94
You don't say?

Bloody hell, they're releasing a new album?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2012 08:10 AM
juggernaut94 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut94 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I have mixed feelings about the new album. Some good songs, some that grew on me a little, and quite a few mediocre at best ones. I guess it's pretty much what I expected. Manson really needs to revamp his style. The title track "Born Villain" is really cool, though.

Old Post May 9th, 2012 02:17 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

New album Heaven Upside Down...

...when the f#ck is the thing coming out??

Old Post Jul 26th, 2017 06:41 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

New Manson finally leaked. It comes out October 6th, I think.

What I've been able to listen to so far is pretty gloriously irreverent.. laughing out loud

Song titles like "Say10," "JE$U$ CRI$I$," "Revelation #12."

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 02:08 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

New album "We Are Chaos" came out last year and I have been loving it. It really grows on you. It's so good.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 04:15 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I'm sure no one is paying any attention to this here, but the big news is that Manson has been named as an abuser for Evan Rachel Wood and maybe a couple other victims. They dated back 10-15 years ago or so. It's a little disturbing if it's true and is breaking lots of Manson fans.

Manson, of course, denies it...

quote:
After being quickly dropped by his record label, Loma Vista, and cut from a TV series, Manson posted a statement to his Instagram account, making a sweeping denial without addressing any of the women's specific allegations: “Obviously, my art and my life have long been magnets for controversy, but these recent claims about me are horrible distortions of reality. My intimate relationships have always been entirely consensual with like-minded partners. Regardless of how - and why - others are now choosing to misrepresent the past, that is the truth.”

[VanityFair]

Personally I suspect he is guilty of some unsavory shit. He wasn't abusive toward previous partners as they've stated, but drugs and his ego are probably large factors. Not to mention apparent dark tastes.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2021 01:44 AM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Wow you the only one been posting here for 8+ years. The news about Manson is really disturbing, I always thought he was a decent guy but I guess in relationships behind closed doors etc he's different. I'm a fan of his hits like beautiful people, fight song, mobscene etc.

If he can't prove his innocence then his career is probably over if it wasn't already

Old Post Feb 7th, 2021 01:38 AM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by walshy
Wow you the only one been posting here for 8+ years. The news about Manson is really disturbing, I always thought he was a decent guy but I guess in relationships behind closed doors etc he's different.

Well that's the thing: two previous partners admitted that he wasn't abusive to them. Both Dita Von Teese and Rose McGowan said he wasn't like that to them. But apparently Dita Von Teese did say "‘Infidelity and Drug Abuse’ Were Behind Their Divorce." And I think that the end of that marriage was the time that he got involved with Evan Rachel Wood. In fact she might have even been who he was unfaithful with? Not sure, but anyway, the point remains... They were divorced in 2007 and that's when he started dating ERW. So that's apparently when his drug issues seemed to have been getting worse and worse. So, you know, I see it as another rock star ruined by drugs. It's just that Manson is a different sort of artist and his drug abuse problems manifested in a different way. Instead of suicide or overdose he apparently mistreated some women. I feel like his ego must have been a big factor. I can't see treating another person like that unless you think way too highly of yourself (I mean, putting aside psychopathic tendencies, etc. which I don't think he has). I think his fu#ked-up appetites and drug-warped mind got the best of him. It could cost him the rest of his career and taint his legacy. I hope not the former, probably already has the latter.

Here's my thing: I hate that he has done this, because it gives even the most Liberal people who were disgusted by him the reason they've been waiting all this time for to cancel and smear him. It will do real damage to artists and free-thinkers' reputation in general. Liberals and Conservatives alike will be happy to condemn unrestrained artistic expression.

I'll share a recent write-up from someone on the Manson group I'm a member of on Facebook. I didn't write this, so I'll share his name and give proper credit. But I like ideas he expresses. He links to an article he wrote, but what I liked the most was under that here, I've made it italics and bold...

quote:
By: Joshua Scott Hotchkin

Awhile back I wrote this thing which I still stand by, which is not so much a defense of Manson, as it is a critique of cancel-thirsty journalists.

Trial By Sophistry: Marilyn Manson Subjected To Opportunistic Sensationalism
A recent column from Scott Rowley of Metal Hammer resorts to sophistry, slander and trolling - dishonestly presented as valid journalism.

I hated Manson when he first came out. But his bit in Bowling for Columbine was impressive and I became a bit more open. Eventually I came to enjoy his art. Not just the music, but the entire persona and spectacle. I was very impressed by his most recent album, especially the title track and its video. It is video editing genius!

I completely believe Manson is guilty as charged. I absolutely understand he deserves what he has coming. But I don't think it would be worth it if it could all be taken back.

In the 70s and 80s pop culture became fluffy and safe. Grunge introduced some darkness, but not enough to express the full horror of the 20th century. We needed that darkness to become totally unsafe in order to view the century through art which reflected the truth about global warfare, environmental destruction and total domination by the oligarchs. Marilyn Manson gave us that. Pearl Jam, or even Cobain had he lived, was never going to become the scapegoat for Columbine. Columbine was a harbinger of the destructive urges which the 20th century had woven into our cultural consciousness. And since Manson made music which reflected that consciousness, of course he was going to become a scapegoat. Manson was showing us what we had become, and so did Columbine.

And we needed that reflection Manson gave us. We needed the ugly truth spat in our faces through dark, unsafe, violent art. But the art and artist are inseparable, and for Manson to make that art he had to become it.

It is no surprise he is a violent junkie. But he is also the violent junkie that we needed. His art was essential, and therefore, so was thw formation of hus entirely toxic persona.

I cannot excuse what he did to those women, and they certainly did not deserve it. I will not defend him or be disappointed by his downfall. But I also will not abandon my appreciation for his art, and what it took to become the artist capable of creating it. Of course he is a piece of shit, but every once in a while only a piece of shit can show us the truth about ourselves, and that is essential. Without it art becomes vapid and trivial, and we languish in neon delusions.

Manson reminds us of the thing we try desperately to forget or deny....WE ARE CHAOS!

I'm not sure if he's implying that Manson has intentionally blurred the line between his onstage persona with his real life. I don't think that's the case, because Manson denies the allegations and I would fully expect him to, because his ego has probably convinced himself that he hasn't mistreated anyone. He probably really does think he's telling the truth.

Originally posted by walshy
I'm a fan of his hits like beautiful people, fight song, mobscene etc.

Sure, but there's a lot of really great "non-hits." I've found that most of his more recent releases have taken some years to grow on me. The new album "We Are Chaos" definitely took some time to grow on me, but I honestly think it's some of his best work. Anyway, this will always be a favorite lesser-known track of mine...

"Paint You With My Love" from the newest album reminds me of it...

Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Old Post Feb 7th, 2021 08:15 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah we have no proof but he was swiftly cancelled anyways.

Proof anyone who says cancel culture isn't a thing is an idiot.

Last edited by Surtur on Feb 9th, 2021 at 12:42 AM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2021 12:39 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote