KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » What's the best Sci Fi film ever made?

best science fiction movie?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
star wars 88 67.69%
2001: a space odissety 23 17.69%
Blade runner 19 14.62%
Total: 130 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What's the best Sci Fi film ever made?
Started by: Tex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'll go ahead and vote for 2001. I think it deserves all the recognition it gets simply because of it's unique storytelling devices and simply amazing visual effects that were about 20+ years ahead of their time.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 09:14 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
He's done drama, animation, Sci Fi, action, etc. May want to check his credentials on IMDB.com. People forget his two best dramatic roles in "Knockaround Guys" and "A Man Apart".

No, i dont forget aobut those, infact a man apart is my favorite movie of his. However, i dont consider those dramatic roles for him. Knockaround guys was a comedy/drama. I wouldnt give diesel credit for a dramatic role in that movie. He just happend to fall in a kind of dramatic movie. He still gave a thug performance with reason and loyalty. As for man apart, yeah he did some dramatic acting in the movie, but it was still in an action hero way. I would consider these two characters an elaborated version of what we got from him in fast and the furious. when i say drama i mean movies that require a total make over from the action star presence, like so many action stars transfer to.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 02:15 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I love 2001 so much.

quote:
"Pitch Black", in my humble opinion, is indeed a fantastic Sci Fi movie

Oh I agree with that so much. I was blown away when I saw it on the big screen, oooooo all the different colours!! I remember thinking that all the way through when first watching it.

Cinematography/art direction is lovely.

I don't care what anyone says, one of my all time favourite sci fi movies is Barbarella.

big grin Fabulous.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 04:05 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Out of those, Blade Runner definitely, although the novel's better. I hate Star Wars and 2001 does (no disrespect to Kubrick) go up its own ass at the end.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 05:08 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Star Wars. 2001 was boring as hell.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 05:12 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TakeshiManganji

One word, Alien

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 03:23 AM
TakeshiManganji is currently offline Click here to Send TakeshiManganji a Private Message Find more posts by TakeshiManganji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

as much as i love alien and blade runner, star wars is the best

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 15th, 2004 03:27 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1813

Some of my favs are:
- all the Star Wars movies
- Galaxy Quest
- Aliens
- Predator
- Predator 2
- AvP (but mainly because there are Predators in it)

Predator: What the hell are YOU?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 02:26 AM
darthmaul1813 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1813 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1813 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cgtuna21
LOTRfreak

Old Stars War trilogy
The Matrix

Old Post Sep 17th, 2004 09:02 PM
cgtuna21 is currently offline Click here to Send cgtuna21 a Private Message Find more posts by cgtuna21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Planet of the Apes, reminds us the true value of Sci-fi, deep meaningful plots rather than special effects.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 12:47 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Real Sci Fi was around long before POTA. "The Day the Earth Stood Still", "War of the Worlds" and "Forbidden Planet" all from the 50's, all used special effects (what was available to them. anyway), and it's still going to be a Sci Fi constant. The story usually plays seconds fiddle to the visuals and extravagant characters.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 12:54 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
soylentorange
Person

word to all the Blade Runner fans...that would be my number one, followed by the Matrix trilogy and Soylent Green, of course. Maybe Invasion of the Body Snatchers too. Emperor Strikes Back would be like number 4 on my list or so.

does anyone else agree with me that lately sci-fi movies have gone down the crapper? I don't think I've seen a good one in a long time. maybe I'm forgetting something though

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 05:13 AM
soylentorange is currently offline Click here to Send soylentorange a Private Message Find more posts by soylentorange Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Sci Fi doesn't have a draw in mainstream cinema anymore. "The Matrix" was fresh in 1999, but since then, there's been nothing. "Chronicles of Riddick" was Sci Fi getting back to it's roots. Vast universes, interesting characters, etc, etc.

I don't even count "Star Wars", because the movies have been pathetic and it's draw is it's namesake.

Personally, I couldn't put "Blade Runner" above "Alien", "Aliens", "Terminator", "Terminator 2", "Planet of the Apes", "Star Wars", "The Empire Strikes Back", "The Matrix", "Pitch Black", "Predator" "The Day the Earth Stood Still", "The Time Machine"..etc etc etc...the inspirations for new Sci Fi.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Sep 18th, 2004 at 05:18 AM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 05:15 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

empire strikes back or the return of the jedi...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 04:56 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

The Empire Strikes Back
Return Of The Jedi
A New Hope
Aliens
Alien
2001: A Space Odyssey
Terminator 2

big grin

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 05:04 PM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

A new hope beats ROTJ yes

ESB is the best

Im Back happy

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 05:10 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Wow, I saw this question, and instinctively, immediately, the first words in my head were "Star Wars".

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 06:15 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

Star Wars series smile

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 07:52 PM
Gaca is currently offline Click here to Send Gaca a Private Message Find more posts by Gaca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
Clockwork Orange

i don't really take Clockwork Orange as a sci fi movie

Old Post Sep 18th, 2004 07:55 PM
Gaca is currently offline Click here to Send Gaca a Private Message Find more posts by Gaca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
julibug

I sometimes think I'm the ONLY one here who likes Star Trek. roll eyes (sarcastic) At any rate, Star Trek:First Contact would be up there at the top of my list.

If Back to the Future counts as sci fi, it's a close 2nd if not 1st place.

Other favorites are Stargate, AI, The Matrix, Galaxy Quest.

Others I like pretty well are T2, Planet of the Apes, Signs, Contact, 12 Monkeys, Dark City.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2004 02:07 PM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote