KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Did the Architect Lie? (Spoilers)

Did the Architect Lie? (Spoilers)
Started by: The Unknown

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Korri

Cournel Sanders is bad man!!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2003 05:40 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

I wouldn't be surprised if KFC sued Warner Bros. for the Architect's look.

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 08:46 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brandonbeyond

lol that would be great.. on the ten oclock news.. Warner Brothers sued by FKC for popular Architect look... Naw but okay one question. Was neo dead at the end? i mean they show him getting carted away and stuff... he didn't look to be moving so whats the deal? where were they taking his body? Do you think they will hint at the ending in Matrix Online?

This is only the Beginning...

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 11:49 PM
brandonbeyond is currently offline Click here to Send brandonbeyond a Private Message Find more posts by brandonbeyond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

Yes.Yes.Yes.Yes.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 11:53 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eatingimpaired
?????????????????????????

And for this month only...ANOTHER YES!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 11:55 PM
eatingimpaired is currently offline Click here to Send eatingimpaired a Private Message Find more posts by eatingimpaired Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

NO NO NO NO...Neo's body, yes, it appears to be dead, (although it glows...), but his mind is very much alive in the Matrix, APART of the matrix.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 11:56 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

How can you be absolutly sure that his mind is really in the matrix? How do you know that he really isn't dead, that's all folks, goodnight?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 11:58 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimplePriest

I think the matrix was reloaded. The one has returned to the source (right? I mean he did "die" didn't he) The people's memories are erased. And now the 7th cycle (7!!... significant) of the matrix will begin. This is where Matrix online will pick up I guess.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2003 11:59 PM
SimplePriest is currently offline Click here to Send SimplePriest a Private Message Find more posts by SimplePriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

I agree with your theory more than any other SP. Probably because that was my inital thought. Programs memories aren't erased though...

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 12:01 AM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Simple> the one has to return to the Source of his own volition, if not, then the anomaly will be forced back on all the humans and bad things happen...Neo went to deus ex machina, not the source. the matrix was not reloaded, otherwise the Architect would have been happy, but he wasn't...

xeous> i am basing it off two things (that i can rememebr right now) 1) is what the Oracle told Sati, that she is sure they will meet again, not just the Anomaly, but NEO. and 2) is that, Neo's body is not moving, but it IS glowing, and the glowing body looks JUST like the glowing sun in the beautiful sunrise...also, Neo is not there when the Smiths blow up, but everyone else is. What i think is that, Neo's body is still alive, and he is jacked in like he was while in coma, but this time he has no body in the matrix, he has ascended above needing a body (like Jesus). This would explain the glowing body, and the oracles statement...im not TOTALLY sure that this is true, but i believe it to be so.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 12:44 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimplePriest

I'm definitely gonna have to see this again wink darn

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 01:39 AM
SimplePriest is currently offline Click here to Send SimplePriest a Private Message Find more posts by SimplePriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EyeMakeMovies
file 404 not found

ok to answer the original question, i'll use an analogy (matrix style) for anyone who knows html, obviously you can change the code without losing all your file references, as long as you dont change the links to the file references... how hard is it to belive the matrix can be basically totoally rewritten without everyone dying... the architect was basically just a prgram trying to get neo to mess everything up... he told him whatever he wanted to to get him to fail. (sorry if that last sentenc doesnt make sense)

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 07:39 AM
EyeMakeMovies is currently offline Click here to Send EyeMakeMovies a Private Message Find more posts by EyeMakeMovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

The Matrix was Reloaded and not. It was not reset back to whatever part of the 20th century it’s started the previous 6 times (Smith tells us in M1, that the Matrix runs over the “epitome” of human civilisation, and since we’re in 1998/99 he can only be referring to the 20th century).
It was “repaired” and allowed to continue. The One did return to the Source. The white light that shoots through Neos body and erases the Smith-infection seems to indicate that. And if Deus ex Machina isn’t THE Machine Main-frame itself, I don’t know “who” is.

And Neo chose, willingly, to return to the Source this time, to achieve peace. It’s just not happening “exactly like before.” The buildings were repaired, but not reset to an earlier point in time. If the people who wants to be freed, will be, they’ll no longer create the anomaly.
The Oracle didn’t tell Sati, that she was SURE they’d meet Neo again.
“Do you think we’ll ever see him again.”
“We MAY one day.”
Neo’s body is carried off like some Viking funeral. I don’t think it can be any clearer, that he’s dead. But he’s digital self doesn’t lie “dead” in the crater next to the Oracle.

The humans inside the Matrix weren’t all killed. That wouldn’t be very energy efficient for the machines. The Architect wasn’t trying to get Neo to mess up ANYTHING. That would be quite contrary to the logic of this A. And who’s to say whether the Architect is “happy” or not. He doesn’t come across as a very emotional program. He just never thought of THIS solution before, within his boundaries of perfection.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 03:13 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
NO NO NO NO...Neo's body, yes, it appears to be dead, (although it glows...), but his mind is very much alive in the Matrix, APART of the matrix.

i want him back sad

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 06:05 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the train, man?
committed

Why would the Architect give Neo an opportunity to let the Matrix be destroyed if it was their power source? confused

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 02:46 AM
the train, man? is currently offline Click here to Send the train, man? a Private Message Find more posts by the train, man? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

you obviously havent heard my theory smile ...gnite y'all...

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 02:52 AM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the train, man?
committed

Wait, what's your theory? Please... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 03:12 AM
the train, man? is currently offline Click here to Send the train, man? a Private Message Find more posts by the train, man? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

My theory is that he has no theory.

My theory is that people make their own theories up to kind of force themselves into accepting something, if something doesn't seem right, there is always a theory to make it seem right, even if in fact it was wrong all along.

My theory is i am full of ass blankets and have no idea, i'm just babbling as all good ass blankets do.

My theory is the point of this post is to point out that burly man has left you wondering which was the point of his post and indeed has no theory.

But he most likely does.

Sorry to have wasted your time.

shifty

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 12:33 PM
Mordecai is currently offline Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the train, man?
committed

Thanks for your post Mordecai, it cleared up a lot of things wink

Did they want Neo to choose the door to save Trinity and let the Matrix be destroyed? If this is the reason what was their purpose for doing so?

There has to be a reason for them to give that choice to Neo, but as to what it could be I just don't know.. wacko

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 03:50 PM
The One Part 2

Neo's not dead; he's just "more machine than man now."

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 03:54 PM
The One Part 2 is currently offline Click here to Send The One Part 2 a Private Message Find more posts by The One Part 2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote