KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Ascertain the fate of The One

Ascertain the fate of The One
Started by: The Omega

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 8 9 [10]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
fruits
Regenbogenfarben

wow, awesome. im sry, but did u guys know that at the end of the first matrix movie, when neo flies away, the intersection under him. this s the exact intersection where the final fight between neo and smith takes place. pretty crazy.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2004 12:14 AM
fruits is currently offline Click here to Send fruits a Private Message Find more posts by fruits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

ya, just saw that on Revolutions Revisitedbig grin

Old Post Dec 31st, 2004 07:03 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DirectorFitz

Well....ur kinda right....they fought on a different street...Smith slammed him into the that exact same intersection from the air...
But, that is pretty cool

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 12:32 AM
DirectorFitz is currently offline Click here to Send DirectorFitz a Private Message Find more posts by DirectorFitz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheInfiniteOne

Well I know this is an old post but well I just finish watching Revolutions...again...and there were many questions for me because i think right now Ive got an more open mind and i can see diferent things i didnt see in the movie the first time so i was looking in the internet for answeres for the long question surround everyone that saw this film (trust me I dont know how but theres actually people that avent seen it) the point is i was asking myself is Neo dead or is he alive and I found this tread and I read some of you guys gurus of this subjects opinions and I do approve some of them (most of them) and defer from others but I really make an account in this forum just to say this...Do you remember the talk of the One with the Architect? I quote "The Architect - Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden to sedulously avoid it, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here." How to define this? Well Neo acting as the One he itself is the remainder of all the imperfect thing that surround human-beings, The Anomaly. Later in the conversation the Architect state what is going to "happen" that what it has happen the previous 5 times, the assimilation of the anomaly, the destruction of Zion and the restart of the program quote again "The Architect - The function of the One is now to return to the source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting the prime program. After which you will be required to select from the matrix 23 individuals, 16 female, 7 male, to rebuild Zion. Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash killing everyone connected to the matrix, which coupled with the extermination of Zion will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race." this and correct me please if i m mistaken but this never happen in the story, because Neo choses to save Trinity because he experienced the profound attachment far more specific "Love" the one word of many that have no meaning only the connection implied to the word, doing this Neo sealed Zion fates and the Matrix fate itself, why? because he brake the code, so now the Matrix itself confront a cataclysmic system crash and all of this is defined in M1, that important corridor where Neo die and the Anomaly is born is the same place were the contradiction of the anomaly is born (Smith) the "balance of the equation" if this precise moment dose not happen we don't have "Revolutions" because there is no virus spreading that must be stopped taking us to M3 were the Anomaly offer a truce between the machines and Zion, "peace" he get rid of the counter part of the Anomaly, but he still alive, He is kept alive for further use, because in my opinion he fulfilled his purpose..."Restore Peace"

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2010 10:19 AM
TheInfiniteOne is currently offline Click here to Send TheInfiniteOne a Private Message Find more posts by TheInfiniteOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThomasHaine

This is my interpretation. The matrix is a system of objects. Neo represents the libido. The middle finger response. In the first movie Neo wants to break free, rise up against the system. These are all libidinal energies and motives. In short Neo is the sex drive. The 1 as a phallus. Out to make a point.
Now the libido has two sides: eros and thanatos; life and death. Agent Smith is the death instinct.
A man never lives just to reproduce. He is not content with just being a means. He wants to be an end unto himself. Self is libido. I am the first word and I am the last word.
You become what you fight. You become the enemy. In his quest to be free and really alive, Neo becomes death. He becomes the destroyer. Smith on the other hand becomes the sex drive, he has to reproduce in order to beat Neo. It was inevitable.
Every beginning has an ending, you can choose to accept it or not. Neo became himself, the alfa and omega, by choosing his end freely.
With Neo gone and absorbed by Smith, Smith became the libido, the threat to the system, the end unto himself.
Some conflicts can only be resolved by regressing into a more naive, childlike state, so as to allow new growth.
This is Sati.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2013 08:20 PM
ThomasHaine is currently offline Click here to Send ThomasHaine a Private Message Find more posts by ThomasHaine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThomasHaine

Continued from previous post. Presumably as time goes by and Sati (the rejuvenated state) matures, the libido (the opposing force) will come back into play and we will see a resurrection of the One.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2013 10:08 PM
ThomasHaine is currently offline Click here to Send ThomasHaine a Private Message Find more posts by ThomasHaine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote