KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Ascertain the fate of The One

Ascertain the fate of The One
Started by: The Omega

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Omega
Z10N0101

Liquid> Why would the machines want to save Neo? First of all: He brought peace. Before you toss this idea away, think about it: If the Matrix can be kept now, as it is, with the dissidents being freed, why should the Machines wish to wage war on mankind?

Secondly: As we know now, civil war breaks out among mankind. This, btw, follows the Arthurian legend to the letter. After Arthur was mortally wounded and sailed off to Avalon, civil war broke out in England. I’m yet to figure out whether or not the anomaly was returned to the Source or not. From the last shot we see of Neo, being sailed away, I’m not sure it was. Neo could in principle be the guardian of peace, the protector of the Matrix. Since the Matrix is extremely complex, the machines could, in principle, restore Trinity’s digital self (especially since she, and she alone, visited Mobil Avenue). This would lead Neo to protect the Matrix with all means possible.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 05:30 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LiQuiD

yeah... that does make sense. Now, do you think the coming stories (comics, games, whatever...) will be a continuation of the trilogy, or rather supplements like origins of characters... etc? because id like some of these questions to be answered once and for all eventually...

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 09:39 PM
LiQuiD is currently offline Click here to Send LiQuiD a Private Message Find more posts by LiQuiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

The Matrix Online (see appropriate thread) is a CONTINUATION of the story. http://thematrixonline.ubi.com/US/

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 02:02 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelsolovely
Moja=one

I agree with U whole heartedly Omega. When my cousin and I saw it for the first time, I told her that I thought Neo was not dead. I said, what if the machines carried him away to heal him for some reason. Since they made him(M1 the pods), could they not heal him. But then she told me he was not breathing, I told her maybe he was in a coma like state from everything that went on at the end,but the not breathing thing threw me and I dropped all my reasoning.

"Fate it seems is not without a sense of irony"--Morpheus
"I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream is gone for me"--Morpheus
"Awakened 2 all possibilites"--Angel

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 02:39 AM
Angelsolovely is currently offline Click here to Send Angelsolovely a Private Message Find more posts by Angelsolovely Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Angelsolovely> If you’ve been reading some of the posts around here, I initially thought that Neo was dead as well. Then I went with the “Hm, no, he probably joined with the Matrix” idea.
It’s obvious from the lasts shots we see of Neo in Machine City that he seems to be dead. But then why does his body glow in the shape of a lotus? Why wasn’t his residual self-image lying in the crater? That would’ve been a sure sign he was death.
OF course – The Wachoskis do not make it easy for us.
But if Neo is not dead, is Trinity? The Logos crashed on a tower in 01, and Neo doesn’t dwell by her body, but hurries out to his “fate.”
Either it’s up for interpretation or it’s in TMO. Who knows? smile

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 02:46 AM
Angelsolovely
Moja=one

I really didn't think about Trinity, except that I was upset that she "died". Hmmmm, thanks for giving me somthing else to wonder about.
I have never had to really delve so deeply into a movie before, I usually understand them very well. No, they did not make these easy, which is a pleasant change from the norm.

"Fate it seems is not without a sense of irony"--Morpheus
"I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream is gone for me"--Morpheus
"Awakened 2 all possibilites"--Angel

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 03:04 AM
Angelsolovely is currently offline Click here to Send Angelsolovely a Private Message Find more posts by Angelsolovely Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LiQuiD

continuation? yes! we may get our answers after all! i dotn knwo if i mentioned it before or not, but i def agree with your theory omega, your last couple of posts really tied everything together for me. Thank you smile do u have any theories on the light emmited from neo's body shortly before being taken away by the machines?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 03:06 AM
LiQuiD is currently offline Click here to Send LiQuiD a Private Message Find more posts by LiQuiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Liquid> I missed your post up there, but I did write an answer to you, a post or two back.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 02:44 PM
LiQuiD

oh .. just saw it. But i dont mean the way he glows when he is being carried away... there was a strong white light coming from his mouth and eyes(i think). thats what im referring to

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 10:51 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Liquid> No. When he’s being “sailed” away at the very end, there’s a shot of the craft and Neo as IF we were seeing it with Neo’s Source-vision. And Neo does very much indeed glow brightly, in the shape of a lotus blossom.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 01:00 AM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

yes. i went back and watched that part, Omega, and it seems, to me, as if the lotus-effect is made by the tentacles moving away from the body, up, and around the ship, which, in the machine-code, seems to look like a lotus blossom giving birth to Neo's "divine-form"...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 01:03 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

JediHDM> Hm! So you're saying it's NOT Neo who glows, or... ?
We need a picture. Because if it is NOT Neo's body glowing, then the anomaly WAS removed...

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 01:12 AM
Seraph77

When smith exploded because of neo he wasn't deleted or sent to the source, he was just killed, like agents have been killed before, like in the subway. After he was "exploded" by neo he naturally took over another body, yet now had the abillity to copy himself over people because of the way Neo killed him, and sort of rubbed off on him.

Shortly after he was terminated from being an agent, now an "exile" with the ability to copy himself. When he was terminated from being an agent, if he had been killed, it would have been the end of smith, because he would be unable to copy himself to another person. For example if smith wasn't an agent in the first movie, he would have died from being shot fromt he helicopter becasue he wouldn't be able to reposses anyone, or when he was smashed by the train, or exploded by neo, but he was an agent, so he repossessed someone each time.

However after being exploded he had the new ability to copy himself, so when he was removed from the agent network it didn't matter cuz he had multiple copies.

And which is also why he died in revolutions, because he wasn't an agent, and Neo had destroyed each and every smith inside the whole of the matrix. Hope that clears up things for some people.

PS: And if you were all wondering why he was glowing in the end, it was because he had absorbed every single smith so to speak, like he absorbed that sentinel, that is his ability, and how he destroyes the machines. He had cleansed everyone in the matrix, if they had cortex scarring they are now healed, and once again themselves. Saving the matrix, and when you saw all that energy that was the energy from absorbing all of the smiths, you even saw the energy of smith flow into him when he was crucified, dying to save everyone, killing him from the overdose. God it's so simple why can't people see these things the first time lol.

Last edited by Seraph77 on Nov 18th, 2003 at 09:41 PM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 09:38 PM
Seraph77 is currently offline Click here to Send Seraph77 a Private Message Find more posts by Seraph77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Seraph77> This is NOT a thread on Smith, but about what happened to Neo. Please take the discussion about Smith to a thread ABOUT Smith. There are about a hundred around here right now.

Neo did NOT absorb Smith, nor did he ABSORB any sentinel (it was not "a" sentinel, as no sentinel flew through the Logos). I have abolutely no idea how you reached the conclusion that "that" is Neo's ability and "how he destroyes the machines." No one in the Matrix has cortex scarring like Bane, since the Matrix is NOT the real world, and the avatars of the people in the pods are continually uploaded INTO the Matrix.
No energy was flowing into Neo, nor was NEO in the slightest crusified (Q: were was the cross upon which he was crusified?). Neo is not dead.
So, as you can see now, it's not as simple as you, for which reason eludes me, have decided it is.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 02:54 AM
Mordecai
I am the way.

Yeah i keep wondering about the sentinel that actually went through Neo as they were flying towards 01.

And Trinity grabs him after it happens and says "Gotcha" so she must of seen something happening to him.

Thats one question that can never be answered, it can't even be given a logical explanation as nothing else hints on it, its just something weird that happened and hopefully will be asnwered in the near future.

Does anybody actually have any theories on how it happened??
Or maybe think they have worked it out??

Sorry to be one that says sorry if this has already been asked. whistle

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Last edited by Mordecai on Nov 19th, 2003 at 04:33 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 04:28 AM
Mordecai is currently offline Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

Omega> Answer this question as if I were an infant. I know there is a whole other Matrix question thread, but I want to hear this from you. I majorly missed something here. Is the anomaly a code that has been "given" to Neo to restart the Matrix. If this is right then is this why Neo is the One. If THIS is right why did the machines give it to Neo. I hope any of this is right or I'm way off track and need to go back to pre-school. The reason why I ask this is because I always thought Neo was special for a natural ability, not something that was randomly given to him. So my two biggest questions that will most likely lead me in the right direction and get me lots of "idiot" remarks are: what excactly is the anomaly and what is the source and why did "touching" the source give him all this power, again I thought he was just naturally that awsome.

I don't know maybe I was right this whole time,but pleace give me a hand.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 07:45 AM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

He didn't get any powers from touching the souce, he always had them.

The anamoly isn't "given" to anybody, its not even meant to be there.

I'm not going to give details because you asked Omega to answer.

So i don't even know why i posted this. no expression ......carry on.

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Last edited by Mordecai on Nov 19th, 2003 at 08:29 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 08:26 AM
Mordecai is currently offline Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

No,if you have the answers by all means......

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 08:54 AM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Mordecai> The “glowing” sentinel that “flew” through Neo was most likely a mental attack program designed by the machines. Since Neo is connected to the Source through the anomaly, the machines could easily decide to send a “black-ice” (or in this case, a golden sentinel) through this connection to scare and confuse Neo, so he’s stop destroying other machines.

Lag> The anomaly is a program. It arises INSIDE the Matrix due to the 1 % of the pod-humans who do NOT accept the Matrix programming. Their collective disbelief creates this ANOMALY in what is otherwise “mathematical perfection”.
Neo absorbed this anomaly-code at the end of M1. The anomaly is required to reload the Matrix. This does not please the Architect, but the EXACT programming that finally made the Matrix work, comes with flaws.
Neo is The One because he’s absorbed the anomaly. It gives him the powers of the One (ability to stop bullets, fly, etc), because he can on a fundamental level, change the “laws of the Matrix” program.
The machines did not WILLINGLY give it to him. The anomaly is beyond their control. It arises eventually in the Matrix, and is absorbed by SOMEONE (in this case Neo).

Neo is NOT special because of a natural ability (he was a good hacker, probably in parts because of his disbelief in the Matrix), but what gives him the powers INSIDE the Matrix is the anomaly.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 06:14 PM
mook

Re: Re: Ascertain the fate of The One

quote:
Originally posted by xeous
Also: Is THIS a coincidence (From M1)
(please log in to view the image)

Does it say "OC" on Smith's chest (with the white light)? [/B][/QUOTE]

looks like a number '6' to me...and Neo is the 6th anomaly.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2003 06:17 PM
mook is currently offline Click here to Send mook a Private Message Find more posts by mook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote