KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Never Say Never Again - Crap or great?

Never Say Never Again - Crap or great?
Started by: Noola

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Noola
Restricted

Account Restricted

Question Never Say Never Again - Crap or great?

Hmm?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 03:15 PM
Noola is currently offline Click here to Send Noola a Private Message Find more posts by Noola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

every movie has their ups and downs... DaD barely had any ups, but that's for another thread

'twas in the spirit of the time and other movies ok-ish

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 05:53 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

I didn't really think it was that good, it was just a remake of thunderball and Sean Connery was getting pretty old at the time.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 08:46 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

but Irvin Kershner directed it wink

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 09:57 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

NSNA had a great title {the way in which it riffed on one of Sean Connery's comments about "never" becoming bond again after DAF was great}. Too bad about the movie. Uninspired, hokey SFX {even by the standards of the day}, and possibly THE WORST HAIRPIECE SINCE WILLIAM SHATNER!

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 03:57 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

there there, there are other wigs that are terrible too wink

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 04:33 PM
saucybird007
Essex Bird!

I like eating burnt penguins, especially when they have got choco sprinkles on them! stick out tongue

To all of my KMC Buddies...
I loves ya love

Old Post Nov 30th, 2003 12:25 PM
saucybird007 is currently offline Click here to Send saucybird007 a Private Message Find more posts by saucybird007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
saucybird007
Essex Bird!

^ dont ask messed

To all of my KMC Buddies...
I loves ya love

Old Post Nov 30th, 2003 12:41 PM
saucybird007 is currently offline Click here to Send saucybird007 a Private Message Find more posts by saucybird007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

roll eyes (sarcastic) people and their penguins these days

Old Post Nov 30th, 2003 12:49 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

connery had been done beign bond for quite a wile.. he did an excellent in the job the only thign saving it from tanking.. but WB made this movie and it isnt even considered one of the official 20 "bond movies" it was ok.. but ill take the original Thunderball any day

Old Post Dec 1st, 2003 10:44 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

It wasn't half-bad despite it plainly ripping off Thunderball.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2004 04:27 AM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Errr... it's SUPPOSED to riff on it! It's a remake!!!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 04:30 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VenomVA

It sucks! Not even a Real bond movie cause WB did it and no MGM/UA.

I didn't like it. JMO big grin

Old Post Jan 17th, 2004 05:03 AM
VenomVA is currently offline Click here to Send VenomVA a Private Message Find more posts by VenomVA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
muntox

it was average. not as good as Thunderball, but better than connery's previous & last official effort, diamonds are forever, and much better than Octopussy which was moore's contemporary official MGM offering, in cinemas at the same time way back in the early eighties. (you know what they say about the 80s: if you can remember them, you were there!)

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 05:44 AM
muntox is currently offline Click here to Send muntox a Private Message Find more posts by muntox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Good, but not as good as it could have been.

Shaun Connery is still plating action roles now, so I wouldn't be over surprised if they let him make another bond as a one off again, or just let him have a cameo role or a supporting role in another bond movie (maybe as a retired mi6 agent)

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2004 03:17 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Apparantly, he was going to play James Bond Sr. in DAD... which is probably crap of course since it was established in "Goldeneye" that Bond's parents are both dead after a climbing accident!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 04:26 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

could have played his foster father/father figure in mi6

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 04:56 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

they always say stuff like that, hoping sean wil return

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 05:58 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

And as a final "Bump", I present to you the first ever thread I made in this forum {using a sock, as you can see, but let's try and forget about that, eh?}

quote:
Originally posted by eleveninches
Good, but not as good as it could have been.

Shaun Connery is still playing action roles now, so I wouldn't be over surprised if they let him make another bond as a one off again, or just let him have a cameo role or a supporting role in another bond movie (maybe as a retired mi6 agent)

Hmmm - Sean {that's right, not "Shaun"} Connery in another Bond film? Bah! Too old I say! And too confusing too!

Oh, and about that earlier comment that "octopussy" is worse than "never say never again"? Get outta here!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 12:22 PM
yerssot

you'll get banned now eek!

and connery won't return to bond

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 12:24 PM