KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » why does everyone seem to hate Alien 4

why does everyone seem to hate Alien 4
Started by: samhain

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
samhain
The Demon Hunter

why does everyone seem to hate Alien 4

I have noticed that there seems to be a lot of alien 4 bashing on this site. I would just like to know what was wrong with it in your opinion?

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 09:53 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VengeanceGOD

I didn't mind it, personally. I thought Joss Whedon did a great job writing it, and the ideas behind it are cool. Not anywhere near as good as the first, but very few movies are as good as the original Alien.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 10:21 PM
VengeanceGOD is currently offline Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I tought it was very, great action and all, but Aliens was better

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 10:45 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

because it and 3 were the weakest of the Alien movies.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 03:21 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

you obviously never saw alien and ALiens. resurrection was a travesty. It destroyed the alien franchise.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 03:22 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

yes it did sad^

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 04:25 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayer
Horror Fan

II haven't even seen it . Seen the 1st 2 though.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 06:43 AM
slayer is currently offline Click here to Send slayer a Private Message Find more posts by slayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sandman
There is no Spork

i think that humaiod alien just ruined it for me. the whole alien ripley to me was cool.. she bacame a cooler character for me... but other wise...it was ok... but the alien baby.. with the tongue... gimme a break

made by DarkWeaver

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 03:16 PM
sandman is currently offline Click here to Send sandman a Private Message Find more posts by sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

the first movie suckt big time, only one alien in it, no action at all not scary either, IT DIDINT HAVE ANYTHING!!!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 07:02 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

What? the 1st was the best.

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 07:34 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

They should have left Riply dead after the 3rd movie..or better yet..not even make the 3rd. The story began to revolve around Ripley's Character more than it did the Alien. Ressurection was a failed attempt to earn a few extra bucks.
I agree with sandman in saying that the humanoid alien at the end was horrible. Crying for its mother as it is being sucked out through the hull into tiny little blobs.

"Alien" is by far the best of the series

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 07:43 PM
A.D. Skinner is currently offline Click here to Send A.D. Skinner a Private Message Find more posts by A.D. Skinner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

well do u mind telling me why??

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 07:46 PM
wicker_man
V.2

Like most people who've seen the entire franchise when compared to Alien or Aliens, Alien Resurrection and indeed Alien 3 for that matter are poor follow ups, for a start the latter entries offered nothing new to a franchise which firstly offered sheer terror and suspense then top notch action, then you have the evolution of the characters, the whole Ripley situation should have ended in Alien 3, there was no need to bring back Ripley and what made matters worse was the Ripley fans got too know had gone (i.e. firstly we saw her as the meek damsel in distress, then the reluctant hero and then the battle hardend survivor) Alien Resurrection brought her into the light as a hard nut, emotionless character. Apart from Ripley they also evolved the Alien creatures into gentic, CGI rubbish that lacked the sheer nightmarish creations that we saw in the first three encounters.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 07:58 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

but like I said part 1, didint have anything, it was so boring, no shuting or anything, just talking

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 08:01 PM
wicker_man
V.2

The horror of the first one came from the suspense, not the action or gore that we saw in it's sequels.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 08:02 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

shooting

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 08:03 PM
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

but it wasint scary at all

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 08:04 PM
jinXed by JaNx

there was so much they could have done with ressurection. So many different story lines to have been explored. all of which could have tied in directly with the previous movies. Seeing how sigourney weaver only agreed to do alien 3 and 4 was if she had partial script rights is what flushed this franchise down the toilet. hicks was never going to have died, There was to be more aliens, in the third. However weaver said it would be better to go back to the original. which failed miserably. The fourth movie was to much like a comic book. ressurection had no suspense, no character depth, and tried to hard to be like ALIEN, and ALIENS. With no story, and no thirlling suspense. Ressurection can never seriously be considered an alien movie. Not to mention the aliens looked like shit, the ten dollar fake creation in alien 3 looked better than the non moving aliens in ressurection. this movie was all around BULLSHIT. I mean they diddnt even have a good musical score.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 10:45 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

the alien in the first movie was so badly done just a guy in a cheap suit, and who cares about character depth in a alien movie, action and good acting is what natters the most

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 10:56 PM
jinXed by JaNx

see people who think like you, enjoyed alien ressurection. While the rest of the alien fans, HATED ressurection. Actually the most succesful alien movie,being the original had little to NO action. It relied soley on it's unique story, with chilling suspense. The second most popular movie of the 4 movies (ALIENS) was an elaboration on the story everyone loved so much from the first one, with a mixture of everything alien diddnt have. You say character depth isnt immportant, but you say acting is what counts most, well good acting gives depth to the characters. There was superb acting in the first two movies, which gave the characters great depth,A backround on the characters give the actors somthing to work with. i mean you actually cared what happen to these people. this was expressed best in the second. however 3 and 4 had the worst acting

Alien 3 had no story. It was just a recycled story from the original. It had plenty of action, but it still seemed to fail amongst the larger portion of the fan base, and the box office in general. Alien ressurection also had no story, it was the SAME premise as the original with a mixture of the second. REssurection had the worst story, and worst acting of the four. Everyone's performance in ressurection was terrible, very non believable. Ressurection also had plenty of attempted action, i say attempted because it was horrible action. So when you say the story doesnt matter in the alien franchise you should take a look at the fans, and box office response on the films. Or simply watch the movies again with a more open mind

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 03:02 AM