KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Violent video games are training children to kill

Are violent video games training children to kill?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, there's millions of future mass-murderers being trained by the videogame industry!! 3 10.71%
No, videogames are pixels. They can relieve anger, but cannot train to kill since controllers don't kill people. 25 89.29%
Total: 28 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Violent video games are training children to kill
Started by: JKozzy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Sadly i must quote Vin Diesel in XXX (very sadly)

"They're video games Dick! So stop being a dick Dick!"

Video games relieve stress and vent frustration that would otherwise be used fighting or doing violent things. How many of us have had a bad day at work or school and were about to go crazy but just ended up going home to take our frustration out on the poor citizens of Vice City?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 05:14 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

Im sure you noticed the subtle sarcasm that kozzy left that "distraught parent". (i wrote those parts big grin) shes so goddamn worried about her kids being introduced to violent games, she can't even get it through her thick skull that her kids don't want to play them...so why's she do damn worried? I'd say it's the damn soccer moms that try and filter out the violence, sex, and swears out of things thats the problem...not the games.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 06:51 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

i agree...

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 07:48 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

So true.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 08:30 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

"politically correct" is an oxymoron, why dont the acknowledge it as one?

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 09:31 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

here is all that i am going to say these games are for ENTERTAINMENT ONLY what does this guy think that US the kids are thinking in our mind GOTTA KILL SAW IT IN A VIDIO GAME GOTTA KILL i know i dont think about that these games are made to ENTERTAIN US not to make us killers

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 09:40 PM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

kinda makes you wonder.....do people who play EA 1st person shooters end up as better soldiers than guys who have never played a video game? I know i've never fired an assault rifle in real life, but pwning those games makes me think that'd i'd be a pretty good soldier. Well i'm sure i'd be a better soldier than 90% of our military because every person i know that has joined the armed service is 1/2 retarded. They go to the military because they are too ignorant for college and not athletic enough to play sports. Not to put down any military folks here, but everyone i knew from high school that went into the military was both dumber and less athletic than myself. :2 cents:

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 09:45 PM
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

quote:
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Video games dont kill people... Lack of common sense does

amen

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 09:46 PM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

amen to that Satsujin n barto. and there's always the x-factor of having screwed up parents that abuse and neglect their children. I'm sure that makes them less than "in touch with reality."

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 09:49 PM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Amen to everyone that agrees with me! stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 12:56 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

...that was kinda pointless.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 12:58 AM
Voorhees
QUACK!

If everyone is going to complain that videogames make people killers then they mayaswell blame movies aswell. And those games at the carnival where u have to shoot the clown in the mouth and the balloon gets inflated by the water........

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 01:28 AM
Voorhees is currently offline Click here to Send Voorhees a Private Message Find more posts by Voorhees Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

okay, I just wonder, WHO where the 3 people how put down as "Futur Murderers"? i just wonder.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 01:44 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

well, if you threw a cartridge or game disc with enough force at the right place no a person's body...then they could kill

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 02:25 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

quote:
Originally posted by Voorhees
If everyone is going to complain that videogames make people killers then they mayaswell blame movies aswell. And those games at the carnival where u have to shoot the clown in the mouth and the balloon gets inflated by the water........

If you're gonna blame games, you might as well blame the friggin news. After all, there's an f-ing war going on.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 02:19 PM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Damn soccer moms stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 02:20 PM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Jello
well, if you threw a cartridge or game disc with enough force at the right place no a person's body...then they could kill

This is true. I cut myself with a broken AOL cd and bled a lot --- should I go sue the company for my ignorance? No! It's my choice. Just like people can choose to accept or reject games. It's not the manufactorer's fault, only your own.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 02:23 PM
Spearhead
Prophet

Erm...jello, what does this have to do with the violent nature of games?

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 02:35 PM
[D_A]Kherr

Like "soccer moms" have any real clue about how life works. I mean, without these games, people would vent their frustration on others without thinking about it because they need to get their anger out. I need to vent my anger out on games like the GTA series and Super Smash Bros. Melee, because without them, I would kill someone. JKozzy and everyone here is right, like these games kill.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 05:23 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

You know what's worst than a Cartridge or a CD, how about the damn packaging that accessories come in. Like extra controllers or AV outputs. You know, that clear plastic that has been glued/bonded to itself. I've cut my hands trying to rip those mother f-ers open countless times. Thank god for Bob Vila's handy cutting shears, i was about to go buy a blow torch.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 06:05 PM