KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » The Official Naruto series Thread

The Official Naruto series Thread
Started by: chokobo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (1600): « First ... « 1585 1586 [1587] 1588 1589 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AuraAngel
He lost to Naruto while Kurama was off doing something else. Naruto in his base form, with the chakra only around his hand, stopped the moon splitting attack and curbed him pretty solidly. Naruto is certainly more powerful working with Kurama than Naruto on his own.

You forget that Naruto only possessed half of Kurama during the War arc, and that he possessed both halves during The LAST.

When Kurama was completely released, he appeared in physical form during The LAST. The fact that he was a chakra avatar, paired with the fact that Naruto still had BSM activated, points toward only a portion of Kurama being diverted to the Golem. Not that it matters; Toneri was also powering the Golem, it's perfectly fair in the end.

Also, that wasn't Naruto in base. That was actually one of the more interesting parts of the fight; he condensed the chakra of BSM into his hand, which allowed him to stop the Moon-Cutter and defeat Toneri with a Falcon Punch.

Toneri is a powerful Otsutsuki that possesses Rinnegan-calibre dojutsu. I'm unconvinced that Naruto during the War arc could have handled him, honestly.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 05:38 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Did ya see a cape? It was the KCM that he used against the Edo Kage. No Bijuudama, no partial manifestation of Kyuubi chakra(besides the one fighting the Golem obviously), and that doesn't change the fact that Naruto is base is reacting to the attack. He wasn't relying on Kurama's help at all. If he was it ruins the point of the fight.

Last edited by AuraAngel on Oct 28th, 2015 at 05:47 AM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 05:44 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

The design changing is hardly proof; his BSM doesn't have a cape in Boruto either, but we know for a fact he's using it there.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 05:49 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

The design is all we have to go on. He never asks for more help from Kurama, they don't work together in the fight, and it's hardly a fight for Hinata is Naruto is getting Kurama to help him win. Literally nothing in the fight suggests he is using his full mode.

Out of these three images which one looks the most like this? The design, the choreography, and the thematic point of the fight points to Naruto beating Toneri on his own while Kurama fought something unimpressive elsewhere.

Also this image is very much an indication that Naruto is fighting with more of his EoS power than the one in the last. Mostly because the Last began production quite a bit before Naruto ended and was still drawing on material early in the battle with Tobi.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 06:13 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

The design is all we have to go on.

Again, the design isn't much of an indicator; his form in Boruto is definitely BSM and we see that it also only cloaks over his given outfit, adding no capes.

quote:
and it's hardly a fight for Hinata is Naruto is getting Kurama to help him win.

...what?

quote:
the choreography

Elaborate.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 04:35 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by NewGuy01

Naruto pre-Hagoromo just isn't better than Hashirama. He possesses a similar measure of chakra (with 1/2 Kurama+Senjutsu), and similar regenerative powers, but he simply falls short in every other area. This should be clear by how dismissive Madara is of him every time they fight, frankly; and Naruto has no answer to the Thousand Hand Statue at this point.

That tier list isn't solely about combat capabilities though, and Q99 places a lot of weight on support abilities.
Naruto's ability to amp an entire army to the point where they can no-sell a Tenpenchii, is far above any support ability Hashirama has.

That said, I'd support 'Naruto Uzumaki (Kurama partnership with Power Lending/Sage Chakra)' being merged with 'Naruto Uzumaki (Full Partnership)' and put into SS, the same tier as Hashirama.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 05:32 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Again, the design isn't much of an indicator; his form in Boruto is definitely BSM and we see that it also only cloaks over his given outfit, adding no capes.

I'd like to add that the version of BSM Naruto used to fight Momoshiki was Six paths senjutsu. He may no longer possess the EoS cloak/powers that came with it(non-glowing skin,goudama, flight, etc..) but he doesn't have a delay to charge it up and there's no orange pigmentation around the eyes.

As for Naruto(full partnership/chakra lending), Madara and Hashirama(both mortal) should still have the arsenal to deal with him in an actual fight.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 06:36 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I'd like to add that the version of BSM Naruto used to fight Momoshiki was Six paths senjutsu. He may no longer possess the EoS cloak/powers that came with it(non-glowing skin,goudama, flight, etc..) but he doesn't have a delay to charge it up and there's no orange pigmentation around the eyes.

I don't see any logical reason to assume this. He doesn't have SPS's characteristic golden eyes, nor does he have any of it's abilities or traits. He doesn't have to charge up any of his forms.

Also, I've decided that I might agree with you Aura...

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Oct 28th, 2015 at 07:23 PM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 07:16 PM
Demonic Phoenix

As for Naruto(full partnership/chakra lending), Madara and Hashirama(both mortal) should still have the arsenal to deal with him in an actual fight.

So that's one point in favour ("no orange pigmentation") and a host of points ("EoS cloak/powers that came with it(non-glowing skin,goudama, flight, etc..")) against.

In a straight fight, those two have an inherent advantage over Bijuu mode Naruto, thanks to Mokuton. EMS Madara is not so fortunate.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 07:27 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I don't see any logical reason to assume this. He doesn't have SPS's characteristic golden eyes, nor does he have any of it's abilities or traits. He doesn't have to charge up any of his forms.

Thank you. :3

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
So that's one point in favour ("no orange pigmentation") and a host of points ("EoS cloak/powers that came with it(non-glowing skin,goudama, flight, etc..")) against.

In a straight fight, those two have an inherent advantage over Bijuu mode Naruto, thanks to Mokuton. EMS Madara is not so fortunate.

I assumed he was opperating at that level because otherwise he is demonstrably weaker than Sasuke, which I don't think the film is implying. Also helps that they're very clearly drawing parallels with the showdown vs Juubidara.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 07:32 PM
wakkawakkawakka

I mean that Naruto usually has a delay when activating his regular Sage Mode: Hokage Naruto has the crossed eyes similar to BSM but no charge up time or pigmentation. I also think he kept the ability to touch goudama, something that not even Sage Mode allows, which is why I came to that conclusion.

I'm only stating that Naruto should still have Six Path senjutsu not the SoSP mode that came attacked to it. He's still an pseudo-juubi jinchuriku afterall.

Oh and I meant Madara(w/ Rinnegan&Mokuton) when referring to mortal. EMS Madara was able to tank Kurama(complete) bijudama so he has to his name right?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 07:37 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Thank you. :3

Upon closer inspection of the design, I noticed that KCM Naruto always had orange eyes whereas BSM Naruto always had red eyes, to support your other comments about the design. On top of that, he *does* only use KCM techs (Planetary Rasengan, Rasenshuriken, etc). That being said, this would be "KSM", and would probably be stronger by virtue of Naruto having both Yang and Yin Kurama.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 07:40 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

I mean that Naruto usually has a delay when activating his regular Sage Mode:

You seem to have forgotten that this problem was eradicated when Kurama learned to gather Senjutsu for Naruto.

quote:
I also think he kept the ability to touch goudama, something that not even Sage Mode allows, which is why I came to that conclusion.

He never touches Gudoudama.

By the way, I'd like to hear an argument about why EMS Madara is "out of luck" against BSM Naruto in the war arc. Last I checked he's still a ways better at taijutsu, his ninjutsu was more powerful than his Edo counterpart, and his Perfect Susano'o is more powerful than Naruto's Biju Mode at the time.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 08:29 PM
wakkawakkawakka

You seem to have forgotten that this problem was eradicated when Kurama learned to gather Senjutsu for Naruto.

Oh right but Naruto seems to do it on his own at times as well in the Gaiden hence my initial statement.

He never touches Gudoudama.

By the way, I'd like to hear an argument about why EMS Madara is "out of luck" against BSM Naruto in the war arc. Last I checked he's still a ways better at taijutsu, his ninjutsu was more powerful than his Edo counterpart, and his Perfect Susano'o is more powerful than Naruto's Biju Mode at the time.

Didn't he touch Tonrei's at one point?

As for Madara, I think EMS would stand a fair shot against him. He did subdue Kurama in the past and his Susanoo is able to tank bijudama from it at point blank range. He doesn't possess senjutsu so I can't really vouch for the taijutsu department.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 08:48 PM
Demonic Phoenix

I assumed he was opperating at that level because otherwise he is demonstrably weaker than Sasuke, which I don't think the film is implying. Also helps that they're very clearly drawing parallels with the showdown vs Juubidara.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean that they were as powerful in Boruto as they were when they fought Madara & Kaguya.
They both lost their respective Six Paths seals and their half of Hagoromo's chakra, so they both lost power.
Yep, they're still equals. I think the movie guidebook states as much.

I'm only stating that Naruto should still have Six Path senjutsu not the SoSP mode that came attacked to it. He's still an pseudo-juubi jinchuriku afterall.

Oh and I meant Madara(w/ Rinnegan&Mokuton) when referring to mortal. EMS Madara was able to tank Kurama(complete) bijudama so he has to his name right?

Those two are tied together. He can't have one without the other.

I know. I was agreeing with you and pointing out that those two have a natural advantage against Naruto thanks to Mokuton.

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Oct 28th, 2015 at 09:09 PM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 09:07 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Oh right but Naruto seems to do it on his own at times as well in the Gaiden hence my initial statement.

No, in Gaiden it was instantaneous as well.

quote:
Didn't he touch Tonrei's at one point?

...with a Rasengan, yes. He did this against Obito too.

quote:
He doesn't possess senjutsu so I can't really vouch for the taijutsu department.

...Sasuke doesn't have Senjutsu either.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2015 09:08 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Those two are tied together. He can't have one without the other.

I know. I was agreeing with you and pointing out that those two have a natural advantage against Naruto thanks to Mokuton.

If that's the case then shouldn't Sasuke be alot more powerful than Naruto. Not sure if only getting complete Kurama would've been enough to contend with Sasuke's Rinnegan but then again the Boruto movie portrayed them as equals mostly so there's that.

...with a Rasengan, yes. He did this against Obito too.

If it was just the Rasengan then that really doesn't count. I though Naruto had touched then directly like he did when he saved Gai

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 12:03 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Why would he be unable to contend with Sasuke's Rinnegan? All it appears to be good for is Amenotejikara, to be honest. He seems to be either unskilled with or uninclined to use the Six Paths.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 02:12 PM
Demonic Phoenix

If that's the case then shouldn't Sasuke be alot more powerful than Naruto. Not sure if only getting complete Kurama would've been enough to contend with Sasuke's Rinnegan but then again the Boruto movie portrayed them as equals mostly so there's that.

Naruto has all of Kurama's chakra to match up to Sasuke.

Yang-Kurama seems to be on par with the other Bijuu. Once you add Yin-Kurama's chakra and Naruto's own chakra to the mix, Naruto's chakra capacity would be far beyond that of any other Bijuu.

So his raw power output would probably have stayed the same, if not increased, thanks to Kurama, but since he can no longer access the chakra of the other Bijuus, he's lost a good deal of hax and versatility (which is Sasuke's schtick anyway)

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 03:16 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Hokage!Naruto certainly possesses comparable Biju chakra to EoS Naruto; issue is, he lacks the potent Six Paths chakra, which is the key to Naruto/Sasuke's power EoS.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 04:54 PM