KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » The Official Naruto series Thread

The Official Naruto series Thread
Started by: chokobo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (1600): « First ... « 1586 1587 [1588] 1589 1590 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Demonic Phoenix

Yep.

It was only after meeting Hagoromo and receiving his chakra that Naruto could access the abilities and the chakra fragments of the other Bijuu.
He doesn't have Hagoromo's chakra anymore, and the Bijuus' chakra seems to be inaccessible later on, but it's still there.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 06:05 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

That's another point that seems odd about Hokage Naruto's power. He should still have the fragments as it was a requirement for dispelling IT but if he lost the ability to use their power why does he have the bolted eyes w/o pigmentation that was the initial indication of six paths senjutsu? Did Kishi just think it was a cool design and keep it for the Gaiden/movie?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 08:35 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

I'm thinking that's the case, tbh. More notably than the lack of pigmentation, the SPSM's eyes are golden, not red.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 11:26 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Aura, I hate to inform you that I've decided that I might disagree with you again.

Also, I took it to mean that the fragments remained, they were just too small to actually be used in combat. Telepathy's all that their leftover imprints can do.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 01:53 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
That's another point that seems odd about Hokage Naruto's power. He should still have the fragments as it was a requirement for dispelling IT but if he lost the ability to use their power why does he have the bolted eyes w/o pigmentation that was the initial indication of six paths senjutsu? Did Kishi just think it was a cool design and keep it for the Gaiden/movie?

The fragments are definitely still there; Hagoromo stated they'd remain within Naruto. He just cannot use them as of The Last.

Not sure.
It's worth noting that he only has those eyes when he's using Bijuu mode. When he enters his Sage Mode, he has the regular Sage Mode eyes (with pigmentation) instead of the plus sign eyes. So it's not a Six Paths Sage Mode.

EDIT:
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Aura, I hate to inform you that I've decided that I might disagree with you again.

What's your argument again?

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Oct 30th, 2015 at 02:47 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 02:44 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

He's arguing that Naruto used the lesser "Chakra Mode" against Toneri as opposed to "Biju Mode". I'm torn on whether or not I'm onboard with that, honestly.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 03:31 PM
Demonic Phoenix

You guys aren't going to get anywhere arguing that on the merits of design. Whoever designed that chakra mode in The Last seems to have taken elements from both modes. If anything, it's probably like Minato's.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 05:17 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Naturally. Besides the stuff like the eye color is definitely unimportant. Remember the official colorization of the manga had Sasuke's Rinnegan as red for a bit before Kishi had to set the record straight. It should have stayed red too but that is a whole other thing.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 05:20 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Yeah, Sasuke's left eye looked a lot cooler when it was red. Now his eyes just look like Obito's did for a while.

~ Tobi is future Sasuke.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 06:13 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

It also just looks strange that his Rinnegan is different from Madara's and Hagoromo. If you're gonna do that at least go the full 9.

Turns out that was true all along. Dun dun dun!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 06:23 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Kishi couldn't even make up his mind on the number of tomoe in his Rinnegan in the beginning.

Madara certainly hoped it was.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2015 06:07 PM
Demonic Phoenix

I've seen some of the Boruto movie (and from what I've seen, it is goood).

I think Momoshiki (w. Kinshiki absorbed) should be in SSS-, not SSS.

He relies far too heavily on absorbing ninjutsu. He is powerful, but not versatile; kind of akin to 8 Gates Gai.
Like NewGuy said, when he uses any absorbed ninjutsu, they are much more powerful than their regular versions. His chakra seeds/pills provide a massive boost to him and the ninjutsu he uses. However, it seems like the seeds are next to useless in combat unless he has ninjutsu to utilise, as that is his main offensive source.

He has no support abilities whatsoever. At least none that I can think of.

Without ninjutsu, he's got Kinshiki's weapon creation, Rinnegan chakra receiver rods, and very good physical stats (should at least be Kinshiki's equal in that department), but he was taken out (somewhat easily IMO) by a Naruto and Sasuke who were not at 100%. He couldn't recover until he was gifted some ninjutsu to absorb.

If he loses his right eye, he loses his main card. But on the flip-side, he does nullify enemy ninjutsu.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2015 09:32 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

It's also worth mentioning that like Kaguya, his Rinnegan has the power to transport others to his dimension. And while in his dimension, also like Kaguya, he has the ability to assume complete control over the environment and can use it as a weapon.

Also, the seeds aren't useless without ninjutsu to use. They're still massive chakra pills that provide boosts in general that, if used in significant amounts at a time, can dramatically warp his physical form. (Kinshiki's fruit was a practical example of this happening, as was the muscle gain from the seeds he ate afterward)

Also, that Biju Bomb of Momoshiki's was the size of the Chuunin Exams Stadium. I don't think I'd be taking it too far to say that would have completely obliterated the Leaf Village with room to spare had Naruto not contained it.

What else, what else... I think that's it, tbh. That and you know, Byakugan. It's also very possible that after absorbing Kinshiki and obtaining the purple/blue Rinnegan, that along with the rods he awakened the other Six Paths techniques as well.

Last edited by NewGuy01 on Nov 1st, 2015 at 03:24 AM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2015 03:18 AM
Demonic Phoenix

It's also worth mentioning that like Kaguya, his Rinnegan has the power to transport others to his dimension. And while in his dimension, also like Kaguya, he has the ability to assume complete control over the environment and can use it as a weapon.

It's not really like Amenominaka though.

But fair enough, I missed Momoshiki using the Shinju and those rocks when fighting Naruto & Sasuke.

Also, the seeds aren't useless without ninjutsu to use. They're still massive chakra pills that provide boosts in general that, if used in significant amounts at a time, can dramatically warp his physical form. (Kinshiki's fruit was a practical example of this happening, as was the muscle gain from the seeds he ate afterward)

Kinshiki's absorption was a special case. I think I read something about their race doing that to one another.

If the chakra pills (sans ninjutsu absorbed) really were the game-changer they are when Momoshiki has ninjutsu absorbed, he'd use them more than he did.
It's telling that he only uses the pills when he's got some kind of ninjutsu to show off.

Not saying that it isn't a boost (it very definitely is), it's just that it is limited because he's limited by his opponent's arsenal.

Also, that Biju Bomb of Momoshiki's was the size of the Chuunin Exams Stadium. I don't think I'd be taking it too far to say that would have completely obliterated the Leaf Village with room to spare had Naruto not contained it.

A Bijuu-dama that he got from Gyuuki.

What else, what else... I think that's it, tbh. That and you know, Byakugan.

A doujutsu he used once, I think; to confirm the location of Kurama. I don't think he uses it in battle at all.

It's also very possible that after absorbing Kinshiki and obtaining the purple/blue Rinnegan, that along with the rods he awakened the other Six Paths techniques as well.

Probable, but highly unlikely that he knew how to use them, given his reliance on pills and absorption.

Seemed like he had the rods before his transformation?

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Nov 1st, 2015 at 04:20 AM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2015 04:16 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
It's not really like Amenominaka though.

Sure.

quote:
But fair enough, I missed Momoshiki using the Shinju and those rocks when fighting Naruto & Sasuke.

Not to mention the Lava Bird.

quote:
Kinshiki's absorption was a special case. I think I read something about their race doing that to one another.

It does seem like it, but in the novel version instead of a fruit he transforms into 6 panacea pills. Which honestly makes more sense given that when Momoshiki absorbed Gyuuki with the same technique, he was also transformed into pills. (4 of them)

quote:
If the chakra pills (sans ninjutsu absorbed) really were the game-changer they are when Momoshiki has ninjutsu absorbed, he'd use them more than he did.
It's telling that he only uses the pills when he's got some kind of ninjutsu to show off.

They're not the same kind of game changer because he can't use them for any purpose other than augmenting his physical stats.

quote:
A Bijuu-dama that he got from Gyuuki.

Yes, though frankly that scene made no sense given that he already fired Gyuuki's Biju Bomb earlier in the movie. Either way, it's not really relevant.

quote:
Seemed like he had the rods before his transformation?

When?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2015 04:52 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Actually, now that I think about it, Momoshiki does have an energy attack of his own. When Sasuke goes in to distract him from Naruto's/Boruto's parent/child rasengan, he shoots these rapid fire dark red energy bullets.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2015 05:03 AM
wakkawakkawakka

So...(Boruto/the Last) Naruto and Sasuke would be SSS- then?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2015 07:59 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Sure.

?

Not to mention the Lava Bird.

Right.

It does seem like it, but in the novel version instead of a fruit he transforms into 6 panacea pills. Which honestly makes more sense given that when Momoshiki absorbed Gyuuki with the same technique, he was also transformed into pills. (4 of them)

It likely wasn't the same technique. He basically vacuums up Kinshiki, body and chakra.
He absorbs just Gyuuki's chakra via touch.

Yes, though frankly that scene made no sense given that he already fired Gyuuki's Biju Bomb earlier in the movie. Either way, it's not really relevant.

Indeed. Bijuu bombs are not a natural part of his arsenal.

When?

He has a black rod whilst running away from Gaara & Darui, and he uses it to block Sasuke's attack.

Actually, now that I think about it, Momoshiki does have an energy attack of his own. When Sasuke goes in to distract him from Naruto's/Boruto's parent/child rasengan, he shoots these rapid fire dark red energy bullets.

Those looked like the chakra rods to me.

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
So...(Boruto/the Last) Naruto and Sasuke would be SSS- then?

No idea tbh. On the one hand, they're not as powerful as they were post Hagoromo ex machina, but on the other, they're more experienced now. Sasuke is also as fast as Kurama mode Naruto, if that's anything.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 03:22 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
It likely wasn't the same technique. He basically vacuums up Kinshiki, body and chakra.

He did the same to Gyuuki; remember that he and Bee are separate entities.

Also, if you look closely during the Chunin Exam scene, Momoshiki's pill turns into a smaller version of that red fruit he turned Kinshiki I to before he eats it. I'm positive it's the same.

quote:
Those looked like the chakra rods to me.

Are you sure?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 03:35 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Another thing I don't understand; do the pills provide a permanent amp? That's what the fruit seemed to do in Kaguya's case. So why not just eat them all immediately?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 03:37 AM