KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Fanboys irritating or what?

What do you think of 'em?
This poll is closed.
Bloody fanboys, they do my head in!!!! miffed: 3 33.33%
Grrr, nothing is more irritating stick out tongue 0 0%
Depends, just tend to laugh at em really raver 5 55.56%
Screw you Daedalus, why you got a problem with fanboys!!!! miffed: 1 11.11%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Fanboys irritating or what?
Started by: Thael

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

Okay, arguing like that is just stupid. I myself only have a PS2 out of the three consoles, but that's because I really wanted Final Fantasy X. I'd like a GameCube and I'd like and XBox, but at the time when we got it, FFX had just come out and since Final Fantasy is my favorite video game series, PS2 won. But I'd really like to play Wind Waker and Halo, I just don't have the systems.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 17th, 2004 07:05 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

i dont think x-box is better the made a fast console with a almost dead selection of games. halo although great is really the only title. splinter cell could never be half as fun as metal gear

Old Post Jan 17th, 2004 08:37 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

i'm not saying that any is worst than the other, all i say is a prefer ps2, but if i had the chance(money) i'd buy the other consoles

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jan 18th, 2004 08:06 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

Thanks for saying xbox sux sith darth jay. It does. Like venomfan said, the only good title is halo, but even halo doesn't compare to MGS.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2004 04:49 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
NO you didn't just go there......they are the exact same game. Rockstar's only change to the xbox version was the addition of a radio channel in the car for your personalized sound tracks. They didn't improve graphics, no new vehicles...nothing. and it's ok call xbox crap all you want.....you think Gamecube's the best system....shows what u know!!!

They did, they added finger animations in the cutscenes and the cars looked better (the alloys on the tyres, and the chrome on the car), and Draco, dude, you seriously have a problem with the XBox, it is the most popular system out, and is churning out some decent games, I don't mean to be offensive but you act far to young to be here, I'm not baised against any console, I own a PS2 and an XBox and I love the Resident Evil remake on the 'Cube but out of them all, the XBox appeals to me most.

And thats exactly what I'm trying to point out, fanboys are annoying one-dimensional little 12 year olds.

(Notices the slander and hides from Tex. stick out tongue)

Touché.no expression, Rose of Isis, Walsh, Piggles shifty, MG , Scribble , Ms Chelle, Quincy, Clovie, Syren, Lea.no expression, Emma Representing™ on Steam | My Steam Profile; Chance™

Old Post Jan 20th, 2004 12:06 PM
Chance SL is currently offline Click here to Send Chance SL a Private Message Find more posts by Chance SL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

quote:
Originally posted by DracotheDragon
Thanks for saying xbox sux sith darth jay. It does. Like venomfan said, the only good title is halo, but even halo doesn't compare to MGS.

yes..... that's true,

but it's still good game

Old Post Jan 20th, 2004 04:11 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

xbox has a MGS, i've own MGS, and i of course own Halo. 2 totally different games so it's not something to compare. I personally played a crap load of Counter-Strike growing up so naturally Halo IMO is much better than MGS. Both are good games. And Graphically Splinter Cell on Xbox rips apart any and all MGS games. The really nice part of MGS is all the cinematics. *drops jaw in awww* But it all depends on what your interests are...

oh and to be fair...i never finished MGS because i lost interest. I used to buy like 2 games a week, so it was difficult to beat all or most of them before i started the next one.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2004 05:19 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

i asume you mean MGS2 sons of liberty = substance, which is a crappy game, the cinematics are great (graphics) but the story is so damn lame, the game is way too short (there's only two levels, and n the last one you just get to play half the map). i was loving that game until i get to be inside arsenal gear, you don't get to unlock all the doors (unlike MGS), and then the game ends (after a nearly 1 hour finale, pretty impressive videos, but yet lame), i expected a lot more.
The gameplay is a different story, you can do nearly ANYTHING in that game, it's all up to you. your not limited to a certain comands or movements. there are lots of things that you can do, sadly you don't get to use then all.

MGS (ps1), is totally different. Is a masterpiece in everyway. excellent story, and equally great gameplay (limited to the ps1 power O/C)

i was comparing HALO to MGS1, but HALO is still a great game. They're both different, but i prefer MGS.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 05:58 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Someone needs to learn the difference between Apples and Oranges. Comparing Halo to Metal Gear Solid is nonsense. Both games are great so there is no point in comparing them.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 06:39 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

Yes there is. MGS is better than Halo, but Halo is still a great game.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 02:55 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

Nope, one is an Action Adventure the other is a First-Person Shooter. They are of different genres how can you compare them?

Touché.no expression, Rose of Isis, Walsh, Piggles shifty, MG , Scribble , Ms Chelle, Quincy, Clovie, Syren, Lea.no expression, Emma Representing™ on Steam | My Steam Profile; Chance™

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 02:56 PM
Chance SL is currently offline Click here to Send Chance SL a Private Message Find more posts by Chance SL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
[D_A]Kherr

Because I can. stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 03:01 PM
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

Wow, intelligent awnser.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 03:03 PM
Linkalicious

Daedalus....how can you say "wow intelligent answer" to his 2nd response without saying. "wow intelligent comment" on his 1st remark. I'd poll whether or not MGS is better than Halo...but there are too many PS2 fan boys out there that would vote MGS w/o ever playing Halo. Kinda like the Link vs. Seph poll where i saw like 3 or 4 people who voted for Seph because they didn't know who link even was...

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 04:55 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

ok, ok... can't be compared

it's just that i prefer MGS, i'm not, in anyway comparing two really diferent games (i shouldn't have written "comparing HALO to MGS1")

one think tough:

linkalicious> hasn't it occured to you that not everybody who would vote for MGS is a fanboy???
i'll say then: there's so many Xbox fanboys that'd vote for HALO!!

just cuz i prefer MGS over HALO doesn't mean i don't like HALO

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 09:16 PM
Linkalicious

hmmm lemme see. I wasn't callin you a fan boy. Infact, i've never called u a fan boy. I know that you've played both because you specified that in your previous thread. I'm saying there are a whole sh*t load of PS2 people that would come into a poll (if i create it) and vote for one because they HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED OR HEARD OF THE OTHER. just thought i'd clarify for ya there sith

Last edited by Linkalicious on Jan 22nd, 2004 at 10:18 PM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 10:15 PM
S_D_J
Bane

ok wink , i just got a lil' irritate cuz lately everyone who likes a console other than Xbox gets called "a fanboy" around here

but that's the reason why is called an open poll; everyone can vote, and you don't really know who that person is, or if they've ever played the game. it should be enough if you like it, nobody can change your mind

you know what: why don't just drop the whole fanboy thing and discuss what really matters: the games

just ignore whoever says it sucks, and stick to your post, unless someone proves you wrong. there'll be many other consoles way better than the current ones, but they won't killed the classics

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 11:06 PM
Marcellus
executioner

i think your comparing the overall gameplay factor, wich MGS draws you into the great story and challenging(i cant emphisize that enuf...)missions.
were as halo wich rocks on multiplayer is like a route-canal in singleplayer
theres little pay off for beating levels just short plain cut scene's.
even though beating the game by yourself on legendary is fun to show off the skulls to your buddies getting ready for a brawl

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2004 01:16 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

that's a fair way to compared them, although you will surely get bash soon enough

Last edited by S_D_J on Jan 23rd, 2004 at 01:13 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2004 01:10 PM
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

I'd vote for Halo because I prefer first person shooters to action adventures, but you really can't realistically compare the two, you can compare, however, MGS 2 to sonething like Splinter Cell, because they are both stealth games.
Same way as you can compare Halo to Half Life 2 (HL2 is gonna mop the floor with Halo.)

Link> I said it in the form of sarcasm, because he responded in a childish fashion, "because I can" does not carify WHY he can compare an action adventure with a first person shooter, its simply a matter of preference between the two genres.

I can see a great deal of tension here and I think some of you need to lighten up, were talking about COMPUTER GAMES, I dont know why some of you get so personal about it.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2004 09:36 AM